From: janbu...@fastmail.fm (Mostowski Collapse)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog
Subject: Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.0.5 (Chat-80 in Novacore)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 12:01:35 +0200
 by: Mostowski Collapse - Mon, 22 May 2023 10:01 UTC

Apache Ant Tasks is an XML based definition
format that is typically executed in a Java
runtime. It can provide a platform independent
model (PIM) for a variety of tasks. We began
using Ant Tasks for some testing automatization
in Dogelog Prolog.

We faced some challenges in defining the test
cases Prolog code as a single point of
truth (SPOT). By code refactoring and using
common features we arrived at covering Dogelog
Player, formerly Jekejeke Prolog, SWI-Prolog
and Trealla Prolog under one umbrella.

By means of argv Prolog flag and the initialzation/1
directive we wrote an universal testing scripts.
By further using Prolog system specific facades and
operating system specific Ant imports, we could
semi-automate the generation of a HTML report that
combines different Prolog system results
across Windows 10 and WSL2.

See also:

Ant Tasks for Dogelog Prolog
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1660579469088702464

Ant Tasks for Dogelog Prolog
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog

Mostowski Collapse schrieb:
> Dear All,
>
> We are happy to announce a new edition of
> the Dogelog player:
>
> - library(compat):
> To match the Dogelog player's 100% Prolog label,
> we added the sort/2 and keysort/2 predicates,
> written in Prolog itself. In the Novacore sense,
> the implementation does not require additional
> native predicates and behaves the same under
> Python and JavaScript.
>
> - library(aggregate):
> We also added the predicates bagof/3 and setof/3,
> again written in Prolog itself. The implementation
> is once more, in the sense of Novacore, without
> additional native predicates, only term_variables/2
> was extended in term_variables/3.
>
> - Chat-80 Example:
> As a proof of concept for an application of these
> predicates, we ported Chat-80, a natural language
> question-answer system by D.H.D. Warren and F.C.N.
> Pereira, to Dogelog Player. It is transpiled
> about 400 kBytes that can be loaded in the browser
> in less than 100 ms.
>
> Have Fun!
> Jan Burse, 06.04.2023, http://www.xlog.ch/

devel / comp.lang.prolog / Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.0.5 (Chat-80 in Novacore)