Rocksolid Light

Welcome to novaBBS (click a section below)

mail  files  register  newsreader  groups  login

Message-ID:  

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog. -- Cartoon caption


devel / comp.lang.prolog / Re: ANN: Dogelog Runtime 1.5.6 (Novacore Edition)

SubjectAuthor
* ANN: Dogelog Runtime 1.5.6 (Novacore Edition)Mostowski Collapse
`* ANN: Dogelog Runtime 1.5.6 (Novacore Edition)Mostowski Collapse
 `* ANN: Dogelog Runtime 1.5.6 (Novacore Edition)Mostowski Collapse
  `* ANN: Dogelog Runtime 1.5.6 (Novacore Edition)Mostowski Collapse
   `- ANN: Dogelog Runtime 1.5.6 (Novacore Edition)Mostowski Collapse

1
Re: ANN: Dogelog Runtime 1.5.6 (Novacore Edition)

<u48i5a$7h8b$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=9988&group=comp.lang.prolog#9988

  copy link   Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!reader5.news.weretis.net!news.solani.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: janbu...@fastmail.fm (Mostowski Collapse)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog
Subject: Re: ANN: Dogelog Runtime 1.5.6 (Novacore Edition)
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 21:20:11 +0200
Message-ID: <u48i5a$7h8b$1@solani.org>
References: <u308br$4vtl$1@solani.org>
<261e8b25-266d-47c4-a98f-21a164c511e5n@googlegroups.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 19:20:10 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: solani.org;
logging-data="247051"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@news.solani.org"
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.16
Cancel-Lock: sha1:r0dwldd9DbJRnHvwKpusGHbPyEM=
X-User-ID: eJwFwQkBgDAMA0BLTdKHydlg8S+Bu1Kj38muznJZBhAU0QjcPDLnjTzFvfTt8XIq0LrXnjRT2OSzvBlnfiLLFIA=
In-Reply-To: <261e8b25-266d-47c4-a98f-21a164c511e5n@googlegroups.com>
 by: Mostowski Collapse - Fri, 19 May 2023 19:20 UTC

OpenAI’s ChatGPT is fast-growing and poses quite some
challenges to society, rules and regulations. We were
currious about the API of ChatGPT that permits weaving
your own applications using the OpenAI services. So we
tried building a primitive client for formerly Jekejeke Prolog.

As an example we ask ChatGPT to generate a quizz about
Switzerland. The body of the request is quickly written in
Prolog itself, using affine JSON from our new library(json).
Was it worth the pain? See for yourself! We hope the new
open/[3,4] options appear in Dogelog Player as well.

See also:

ChatGPT Client for Jekejeke Prolog
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1659638183166967808

ChatGPT Client for Jekejeke Prolog
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog/

Mostowski Collapse schrieb:
> We are currently in conciliation mode for Dogelog Player
> and formerly Jekejeke Prolog. The common denominator
> should be Novacore, a much smaller Prolog core than usual.
> It features a 100% Prolog implemented Term read and write
> routine, that can now pretty print literals.
>
> Neither SWI-Prologs ‘$VAR’/1 compound loophole to accept
> an atom satisfied us. Nor does Trealla/Scryer Prologs
> character lists seem worth the pain. Instead there is a
> new read and write option annotation/1 that supports
> ‘$STR’/1, ‘$CHR’/1 and ‘$RDX’/2 compounds.
>
> See also:
>
> More Pretty Printing in Novacore
> https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1654503234751307776
>
> More Pretty Printing in Novacore
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog
>
> Mostowski Collapse schrieb am Donnerstag, 4. Mai 2023 um 14:29:15 UTC+2:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> We are happy to announce a new version of the
>> former Jekejeke runtime 1.5.6, now called Dogelog
>> runtime. The most important new features relate
>> to the alignment between the Dogelog player and
>> the previous Jekejeke runtime.
>>
>> - Runtime reduction: Libraries like library(expand),
>> library(gamble) and library(apply) have been moved
>> to the Jekejeke Minlog extension. Libraries like
>> library(char), library(byte), library(pipe),
>> library(lock), library(distributed) and library(tabling)
>> have been moved to the Jekejeke development environment.
>>
>> - Shallow DCG expansion: There is a light-weight
>> expansion framework that does not call term_expansion/2
>> but term_conversion/2 without calling goal_expansion/2
>> as well. First application is shallow DCG expansion
>> adapted from Dogelog Player. Deep expansion can be
>> unlocked with library(expansion).
>>
>> - 100% Prolog Term I/O: The interpreter now uses the
>> read and write routines known from Dogelog Player,
>> which are written 100% in Prolog. We noticed a
>> negligible drop in performance. There exists currently
>> in parallel a read routine written in Java for
>> bootstrapping and if modules are loaded.
>>
>> For download:
>> Dogelog Player - Downloads
>> Dogelog Runtime - Downloads
>>
>> Have Fun!
>> Jan Burse, 04.05.2023, http://www.xlog.ch/

Re: ANN: Dogelog Runtime 1.5.6 (Novacore Edition)

<2a44824c-2758-46a2-b996-8aee6929be2dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=9989&group=comp.lang.prolog#9989

  copy link   Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog
X-Received: by 2002:a05:620a:4010:b0:758:898b:8973 with SMTP id h16-20020a05620a401000b00758898b8973mr943433qko.3.1684544360144;
Fri, 19 May 2023 17:59:20 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a81:b619:0:b0:561:356b:e445 with SMTP id
u25-20020a81b619000000b00561356be445mr2294383ywh.9.1684544359851; Fri, 19 May
2023 17:59:19 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!news.misty.com!border-2.nntp.ord.giganews.com!border-1.nntp.ord.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 17:59:19 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <u48i5a$7h8b$1@solani.org>
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=77.57.53.44; posting-account=UjEXBwoAAAAOk5fiB8WdHvZddFg9nJ9r
NNTP-Posting-Host: 77.57.53.44
References: <u308br$4vtl$1@solani.org> <261e8b25-266d-47c4-a98f-21a164c511e5n@googlegroups.com>
<u48i5a$7h8b$1@solani.org>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <2a44824c-2758-46a2-b996-8aee6929be2dn@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: ANN: Dogelog Runtime 1.5.6 (Novacore Edition)
From: burse...@gmail.com (Mostowski Collapse)
Injection-Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 00:59:20 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Lines: 104
 by: Mostowski Collapse - Sat, 20 May 2023 00:59 UTC

Here is a summary via ChatGPT itself how to make an OpenAI API client:

- Node.js: You can use the OpenAI API with Node.js by making
HTTP requests to the API endpoint using libraries like axios
or the built-in http module. You can send a POST request to
https://api.openai.com/v1/engines/{engine-id}/completions
with the necessary parameters and your API key in the request headers.

- Python: OpenAI provides an official Python library called openai
that simplifies the process of interacting with the API. You can
install the library using pip (pip install openai) and then import it
into your Python script. The library provides functions like
openai.Completion.create() to send requests and retrieve
completions from the API.

- cURL: cURL is a command-line tool for making HTTP requests. You
can use cURL to interact with the OpenAI API by constructing the
appropriate cURL command with the necessary request parameters
and headers. You’ll need to include your API key as an authorization
header in the cURL command.

Since cURL works, you might guess how simple it is.

Mostowski Collapse schrieb am Freitag, 19. Mai 2023 um 21:20:12 UTC+2:
> OpenAI’s ChatGPT is fast-growing and poses quite some
> challenges to society, rules and regulations. We were
> currious about the API of ChatGPT that permits weaving
> your own applications using the OpenAI services. So we
> tried building a primitive client for formerly Jekejeke Prolog.
>
> As an example we ask ChatGPT to generate a quizz about
> Switzerland. The body of the request is quickly written in
> Prolog itself, using affine JSON from our new library(json).
> Was it worth the pain? See for yourself! We hope the new
> open/[3,4] options appear in Dogelog Player as well.
>
> See also:
>
> ChatGPT Client for Jekejeke Prolog
> https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1659638183166967808
>
> ChatGPT Client for Jekejeke Prolog
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog/
>
> Mostowski Collapse schrieb:
> > We are currently in conciliation mode for Dogelog Player
> > and formerly Jekejeke Prolog. The common denominator
> > should be Novacore, a much smaller Prolog core than usual.
> > It features a 100% Prolog implemented Term read and write
> > routine, that can now pretty print literals.
> >
> > Neither SWI-Prologs ‘$VAR’/1 compound loophole to accept
> > an atom satisfied us. Nor does Trealla/Scryer Prologs
> > character lists seem worth the pain. Instead there is a
> > new read and write option annotation/1 that supports
> > ‘$STR’/1, ‘$CHR’/1 and ‘$RDX’/2 compounds.
> >
> > See also:
> >
> > More Pretty Printing in Novacore
> > https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1654503234751307776
> >
> > More Pretty Printing in Novacore
> > https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog
> >
> > Mostowski Collapse schrieb am Donnerstag, 4. Mai 2023 um 14:29:15 UTC+2:
> >> Dear All,
> >>
> >> We are happy to announce a new version of the
> >> former Jekejeke runtime 1.5.6, now called Dogelog
> >> runtime. The most important new features relate
> >> to the alignment between the Dogelog player and
> >> the previous Jekejeke runtime.
> >>
> >> - Runtime reduction: Libraries like library(expand),
> >> library(gamble) and library(apply) have been moved
> >> to the Jekejeke Minlog extension. Libraries like
> >> library(char), library(byte), library(pipe),
> >> library(lock), library(distributed) and library(tabling)
> >> have been moved to the Jekejeke development environment.
> >>
> >> - Shallow DCG expansion: There is a light-weight
> >> expansion framework that does not call term_expansion/2
> >> but term_conversion/2 without calling goal_expansion/2
> >> as well. First application is shallow DCG expansion
> >> adapted from Dogelog Player. Deep expansion can be
> >> unlocked with library(expansion).
> >>
> >> - 100% Prolog Term I/O: The interpreter now uses the
> >> read and write routines known from Dogelog Player,
> >> which are written 100% in Prolog. We noticed a
> >> negligible drop in performance. There exists currently
> >> in parallel a read routine written in Java for
> >> bootstrapping and if modules are loaded.
> >>
> >> For download:
> >> Dogelog Player - Downloads
> >> Dogelog Runtime - Downloads
> >>
> >> Have Fun!
> >> Jan Burse, 04.05.2023, http://www.xlog.ch/

Re: ANN: Dogelog Runtime 1.5.6 (Novacore Edition)

<906b470c-db35-4520-8c60-1b1e18a59511n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=9990&group=comp.lang.prolog#9990

  copy link   Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog
X-Received: by 2002:a05:622a:1a97:b0:3ec:8ffc:e232 with SMTP id s23-20020a05622a1a9700b003ec8ffce232mr1227571qtc.7.1684544536789;
Fri, 19 May 2023 18:02:16 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a25:9989:0:b0:ba2:2d0e:a752 with SMTP id
p9-20020a259989000000b00ba22d0ea752mr2026407ybo.6.1684544536361; Fri, 19 May
2023 18:02:16 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!news.misty.com!border-2.nntp.ord.giganews.com!border-1.nntp.ord.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 18:02:16 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <2a44824c-2758-46a2-b996-8aee6929be2dn@googlegroups.com>
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=77.57.53.44; posting-account=UjEXBwoAAAAOk5fiB8WdHvZddFg9nJ9r
NNTP-Posting-Host: 77.57.53.44
References: <u308br$4vtl$1@solani.org> <261e8b25-266d-47c4-a98f-21a164c511e5n@googlegroups.com>
<u48i5a$7h8b$1@solani.org> <2a44824c-2758-46a2-b996-8aee6929be2dn@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <906b470c-db35-4520-8c60-1b1e18a59511n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: ANN: Dogelog Runtime 1.5.6 (Novacore Edition)
From: burse...@gmail.com (Mostowski Collapse)
Injection-Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 01:02:16 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Lines: 118
 by: Mostowski Collapse - Sat, 20 May 2023 01:02 UTC

Warning! OpenAI API is fast moving. Even the below
ChatGPT advice is not up to date. For example this
OpenAPI schema has still engines in it:

OpenAPI spec for the OpenAI API
https://github.com/openai/openai-openapi/blob/master/openapi.yaml

But if you read here engines have become deprecated:

Engines
The Engines endpoints are deprecated.
Please use their replacement, Models, instead. Learn more.
https://platform.openai.com/docs/api-reference/engines

Mostowski Collapse schrieb am Samstag, 20. Mai 2023 um 02:59:21 UTC+2:
> Here is a summary via ChatGPT itself how to make an OpenAI API client:
>
> - Node.js: You can use the OpenAI API with Node.js by making
> HTTP requests to the API endpoint using libraries like axios
> or the built-in http module. You can send a POST request to
> https://api.openai.com/v1/engines/{engine-id}/completions
> with the necessary parameters and your API key in the request headers.
>
> - Python: OpenAI provides an official Python library called openai
> that simplifies the process of interacting with the API. You can
> install the library using pip (pip install openai) and then import it
> into your Python script. The library provides functions like
> openai.Completion.create() to send requests and retrieve
> completions from the API.
>
> - cURL: cURL is a command-line tool for making HTTP requests. You
> can use cURL to interact with the OpenAI API by constructing the
> appropriate cURL command with the necessary request parameters
> and headers. You’ll need to include your API key as an authorization
> header in the cURL command.
>
> Since cURL works, you might guess how simple it is.
> Mostowski Collapse schrieb am Freitag, 19. Mai 2023 um 21:20:12 UTC+2:
> > OpenAI’s ChatGPT is fast-growing and poses quite some
> > challenges to society, rules and regulations. We were
> > currious about the API of ChatGPT that permits weaving
> > your own applications using the OpenAI services. So we
> > tried building a primitive client for formerly Jekejeke Prolog.
> >
> > As an example we ask ChatGPT to generate a quizz about
> > Switzerland. The body of the request is quickly written in
> > Prolog itself, using affine JSON from our new library(json).
> > Was it worth the pain? See for yourself! We hope the new
> > open/[3,4] options appear in Dogelog Player as well.
> >
> > See also:
> >
> > ChatGPT Client for Jekejeke Prolog
> > https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1659638183166967808
> >
> > ChatGPT Client for Jekejeke Prolog
> > https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog/
> >
> > Mostowski Collapse schrieb:
> > > We are currently in conciliation mode for Dogelog Player
> > > and formerly Jekejeke Prolog. The common denominator
> > > should be Novacore, a much smaller Prolog core than usual.
> > > It features a 100% Prolog implemented Term read and write
> > > routine, that can now pretty print literals.
> > >
> > > Neither SWI-Prologs ‘$VAR’/1 compound loophole to accept
> > > an atom satisfied us. Nor does Trealla/Scryer Prologs
> > > character lists seem worth the pain. Instead there is a
> > > new read and write option annotation/1 that supports
> > > ‘$STR’/1, ‘$CHR’/1 and ‘$RDX’/2 compounds.
> > >
> > > See also:
> > >
> > > More Pretty Printing in Novacore
> > > https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1654503234751307776
> > >
> > > More Pretty Printing in Novacore
> > > https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog
> > >
> > > Mostowski Collapse schrieb am Donnerstag, 4. Mai 2023 um 14:29:15 UTC+2:
> > >> Dear All,
> > >>
> > >> We are happy to announce a new version of the
> > >> former Jekejeke runtime 1.5.6, now called Dogelog
> > >> runtime. The most important new features relate
> > >> to the alignment between the Dogelog player and
> > >> the previous Jekejeke runtime.
> > >>
> > >> - Runtime reduction: Libraries like library(expand),
> > >> library(gamble) and library(apply) have been moved
> > >> to the Jekejeke Minlog extension. Libraries like
> > >> library(char), library(byte), library(pipe),
> > >> library(lock), library(distributed) and library(tabling)
> > >> have been moved to the Jekejeke development environment.
> > >>
> > >> - Shallow DCG expansion: There is a light-weight
> > >> expansion framework that does not call term_expansion/2
> > >> but term_conversion/2 without calling goal_expansion/2
> > >> as well. First application is shallow DCG expansion
> > >> adapted from Dogelog Player. Deep expansion can be
> > >> unlocked with library(expansion).
> > >>
> > >> - 100% Prolog Term I/O: The interpreter now uses the
> > >> read and write routines known from Dogelog Player,
> > >> which are written 100% in Prolog. We noticed a
> > >> negligible drop in performance. There exists currently
> > >> in parallel a read routine written in Java for
> > >> bootstrapping and if modules are loaded.
> > >>
> > >> For download:
> > >> Dogelog Player - Downloads
> > >> Dogelog Runtime - Downloads
> > >>
> > >> Have Fun!
> > >> Jan Burse, 04.05.2023, http://www.xlog.ch/

ANN: Dogelog Runtime 1.5.6 (Novacore Edition)

<u308br$4vtl$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=10229&group=comp.lang.prolog#10229

  copy link   Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!reader5.news.weretis.net!news.solani.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: janbu...@fastmail.fm (Mostowski Collapse)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog
Subject: ANN: Dogelog Runtime 1.5.6 (Novacore Edition)
Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 14:27:39 +0200
Message-ID: <u308br$4vtl$1@solani.org>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 12:27:39 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: solani.org;
logging-data="163765"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@news.solani.org"
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.16
Cancel-Lock: sha1:Ae0GyZaUtlBHfSGIpKeJkSE0D4s=
X-User-ID: eJwFwYEBwDAEBMCV8uWFcQj2H6F3FIO9q0ZTLjfrBcf9phAOWzQCqsdtqj3JsBaV2ZzPX5wSne+Ko2Oi8gdGMBVH
X-Mozilla-News-Host: news://news.solani.org:119
 by: Mostowski Collapse - Thu, 4 May 2023 12:27 UTC

Dear All,

We are happy to announce a new version of the
former Jekejeke runtime 1.5.6, now called Dogelog
runtime. The most important new features relate
to the alignment between the Dogelog player and
the previous Jekejeke runtime.

- Runtime reduction: Libraries like library(expand),
library(gamble) and library(apply) have been moved
to the Jekejeke Minlog extension. Libraries like
library(char), library(byte), library(pipe),
library(lock), library(distributed) and library(tabling)
have been moved to the Jekejeke development environment.

- Shallow DCG expansion: There is a light-weight
expansion framework that does not call term_expansion/2
but term_conversion/2 without calling goal_expansion/2
as well. First application is shallow DCG expansion
adapted from Dogelog Player. Deep expansion can be
unlocked with library(expansion).

- 100% Prolog Term I/O: The interpreter now uses the
read and write routines known from Dogelog Player,
which are written 100% in Prolog. We noticed a
negligible drop in performance. There exists currently
in parallel a read routine written in Java for
bootstrapping and if modules are loaded.

For download:
Dogelog Player - Downloads
Dogelog Runtime - Downloads

Have Fun!
Jan Burse, 04.05.2023, http://www.xlog.ch/

Re: ANN: Dogelog Runtime 1.5.6 (Novacore Edition)

<261e8b25-266d-47c4-a98f-21a164c511e5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=10232&group=comp.lang.prolog#10232

  copy link   Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog
X-Received: by 2002:a05:622a:15c4:b0:3bf:b9d9:6759 with SMTP id d4-20020a05622a15c400b003bfb9d96759mr562097qty.8.1683299552955;
Fri, 05 May 2023 08:12:32 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a81:ac21:0:b0:54c:bdc:ef18 with SMTP id
k33-20020a81ac21000000b0054c0bdcef18mr1117251ywh.5.1683299551204; Fri, 05 May
2023 08:12:31 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!usenet.goja.nl.eu.org!3.eu.feeder.erje.net!feeder.erje.net!feeder1.feed.usenet.farm!feed.usenet.farm!peer02.ams4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog
Date: Fri, 5 May 2023 08:12:30 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <u308br$4vtl$1@solani.org>
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=77.57.53.44; posting-account=UjEXBwoAAAAOk5fiB8WdHvZddFg9nJ9r
NNTP-Posting-Host: 77.57.53.44
References: <u308br$4vtl$1@solani.org>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <261e8b25-266d-47c4-a98f-21a164c511e5n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: ANN: Dogelog Runtime 1.5.6 (Novacore Edition)
From: burse...@gmail.com (Mostowski Collapse)
Injection-Date: Fri, 05 May 2023 15:12:32 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Received-Bytes: 3572
 by: Mostowski Collapse - Fri, 5 May 2023 15:12 UTC

We are currently in conciliation mode for Dogelog Player
and formerly Jekejeke Prolog. The common denominator
should be Novacore, a much smaller Prolog core than usual.
It features a 100% Prolog implemented Term read and write
routine, that can now pretty print literals.

Neither SWI-Prologs ‘$VAR’/1 compound loophole to accept
an atom satisfied us. Nor does Trealla/Scryer Prologs
character lists seem worth the pain. Instead there is a
new read and write option annotation/1 that supports
‘$STR’/1, ‘$CHR’/1 and ‘$RDX’/2 compounds.

See also:

More Pretty Printing in Novacore
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1654503234751307776

More Pretty Printing in Novacore
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog

Mostowski Collapse schrieb am Donnerstag, 4. Mai 2023 um 14:29:15 UTC+2:
> Dear All,
>
> We are happy to announce a new version of the
> former Jekejeke runtime 1.5.6, now called Dogelog
> runtime. The most important new features relate
> to the alignment between the Dogelog player and
> the previous Jekejeke runtime.
>
> - Runtime reduction: Libraries like library(expand),
> library(gamble) and library(apply) have been moved
> to the Jekejeke Minlog extension. Libraries like
> library(char), library(byte), library(pipe),
> library(lock), library(distributed) and library(tabling)
> have been moved to the Jekejeke development environment.
>
> - Shallow DCG expansion: There is a light-weight
> expansion framework that does not call term_expansion/2
> but term_conversion/2 without calling goal_expansion/2
> as well. First application is shallow DCG expansion
> adapted from Dogelog Player. Deep expansion can be
> unlocked with library(expansion).
>
> - 100% Prolog Term I/O: The interpreter now uses the
> read and write routines known from Dogelog Player,
> which are written 100% in Prolog. We noticed a
> negligible drop in performance. There exists currently
> in parallel a read routine written in Java for
> bootstrapping and if modules are loaded.
>
> For download:
> Dogelog Player - Downloads
> Dogelog Runtime - Downloads
>
> Have Fun!
> Jan Burse, 04.05.2023, http://www.xlog.ch/


devel / comp.lang.prolog / Re: ANN: Dogelog Runtime 1.5.6 (Novacore Edition)

1
server_pubkey.txt

rocksolid light 0.9.81
clearnet tor