Newsgroups: comp.arch.fpga
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 07:58:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: How to eliminate a troublesome warning from ModelSim
From: wtx...@gmail.com (Tianxiang Weng)
 by: Tianxiang Weng - Thu, 17 Jun 2021 14:58 UTC

Hi,
From the first day when I started using ModelSim, a troublesome warning from ModelSim accompanies me each time I use ModelSim.

I use Notepad++ to edit my *.vhd files, after recompiling the files, it always shows the following error report:

# Compile of *.vhd was successful.
# ** Error:
# g
# Unable to replace existing ini file (xxx.mpf). File can not be renamed.
# ** Error: unrecognized string explaining the reason
# g
# Unable to replace existing ini file (xxx.mpf). File can not be renamed.
# ** Error: unrecognized string explaining the reason
# $
# Unable to replace existing ini file (xxx.mpf). File can not be renamed.

Actually, I never touch or open the *.mpf files.

After several recompiling, I found many *.mpf files, here is a typical file name:
*.mpf
*.mpf_new

I always skip the error report.

What causes ModelSim to generate such an error report and how to avoid its creating?

Thank you.

Weng

devel / comp.arch.fpga / How to eliminate a troublesome warning from ModelSim