Welcome to novaBBS (click a section below)
|mail  files  register  newsreader  login|
|PuTTY 0.77 is released||Simon Tatham|
PuTTY version 0.77 is released
All the pre-built binaries, and the source code, are now available
from the PuTTY website at
New features in this release include:
- PuTTY can now use an SSH server as a proxy, without having to
launch Plink as a subprocess.
- PuTTY can now prompt interactively for passwords required by proxy
servers, or other kinds of interaction. (This is particularly
useful with the new SSH proxy, because it means you can confirm the
host key for the proxy server easily.)
- When talking to HTTP proxy servers, PuTTY can now use digest
authentication as well as the deprecated HTTP Basic.
- Available from the download page (but not yet in the installer
package), 'pterm.exe', a wrapper for the Windows console based on
the PuTTY terminal window.
Bug fixes in this release include:
- Fixed a crash when reconfiguring remote port forwardings (which
only happened the second time you did it in a session).
- Fixed hang when making many simultaneous connections to Pageant
(either locally, or via frantic port forwarding).
- Fixed display corruption if the server sent a terminal resize
control sequence and then immediately redrew its screen at the new
- Fixed handling of bidirectional text (Arabic, Hebrew etc) to be up
to date with Unicode 14.0. In particular, this fixes a bug where a
string of digits near Hebrew letters would sometimes appear in
- Fixed two separate bugs in remote window-title setting: the title
no longer terminates early, and is interpreted in the right
Enjoy using PuTTY!
for k in [pow(x,37,0x1a1298d262b49c895d47f) for x in [0x50deb914257022de7fff,
0x213558f2215127d5a2d1, 0x90c99e86d08b91218630, 0x109f3d0cfbf640c0beee7,
0xc83e01379a5fbec5fdd1, 0x19d3d70a8d567e388600e, 0x534e2f6e8a4a33155123]]:
print("".join([chr(32+3*((k>>x)&1))for x in range(79)])) # <email@example.com>