It is better to be bow-legged than no-legged.

interests / alt.obituaries / Horrific Building Collapse in Miami Beach

SubjectAuthor
* Horrific Building Collapse in Miami Beachansaman
+* Re: Horrific Building Collapse in Miami BeachLove
|+* Re: Horrific Building Collapse in Miami BeachJulian
||+* Re: Horrific Building Collapse near Miami BeachAdam H. Kerman
|||`* Re: Horrific Building Collapse near Miami BeachLouis Epstein
||| +- Re: Horrific Building Collapse near Miami BeachA Friend
||| `* Re: Horrific Building Collapse near Miami BeachLouis Epstein
|||  `* Re: Horrific Building Collapse near Miami BeachLouis Epstein
|||   `* Re: Horrific Building Collapse near Miami BeachLarc
|||    +* Re: Horrific Building Collapse near Miami BeachKenny McCormack
|||    |`- Re: Horrific Building Collapse near Miami BeachTerry del Fuego
|||    `* Re: Horrific Building Collapse near Miami BeachLouis Epstein
|||     `* Re: Horrific Building Collapse near Miami BeachLarc
|||      `- Re: Horrific Building Collapse near Miami BeachLouis Epstein
||`- Re: Horrific Building Collapse in Miami BeachLove
|`* Re: Horrific Building Collapse in Miami Beachansaman
| `* Re: Horrific Building Collapse in Miami BeachTerry del Fuego
|  +- Re: Horrific Building Collapse in Miami BeachTerry del Fuego
|  `* Re: Horrific Building Collapse in Miami BeachLouis Epstein
|   `* Re: Horrific Building Collapse in Miami BeachAdam H. Kerman
|    +* Re: Horrific Building Collapse in Miami BeachLarc
|    |+- Re: Horrific Building Collapse in Miami BeachAdam H. Kerman
|    |`* Re: Horrific Building Collapse in Miami BeachJohn M.
|    | `- Re: Horrific Building Collapse in Miami BeachLouis Epstein
|    `- Re: Horrific Building Collapse in Miami BeachLouis Epstein
+- Re: Horrific Building Collapse in Miami BeachBermuda999
`- Re: Horrific Building Collapse in Miami BeachLouis Epstein

Pages:12
Re: Horrific Building Collapse near Miami Beach

<scfb30$ht8$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10196&group=alt.obituaries#10196

From: le...@top.put.com (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Re: Horrific Building Collapse near Miami Beach
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 17:51:28 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 17:51 UTC

Larc <larc@notmyaddress.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Jul 2021 17:56:23 -0000 (UTC), Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:
>
> | A ninth-floor feline survivor was spotted just recently and reunited
> | with cohabiting humans,but has not elaborated on the details of survival.
> | https://nypost.com/2021/07/09/cat-missing-in-florida-condo-collapse-found-alive/
> | https://nypost.com/2021/07/05/deven-gonzalez-haunted-by-nightmares-after-condo-rescue/
> | tells of the family.
>
> Cats have a way of sensing when something is wrong before humans can. Binx was
> probably one of the first to leave the building.

They are not very capable of opening human-designed doors,so it may have
taken an opening crack to provide an escape route.

Toll now 90 dead,71 of them identified,31 others "potentially unaccounted for":

https://cnn.com/2021/07/11/us/miami-dade-building-collapse-sunday/index.html

-=-=-

Re: Horrific Building Collapse near Miami Beach

<4sfoeg93bpm2m6c66ljatlnh5dl7ij1cph@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10203&group=alt.obituaries#10203

From: t_del_fu...@hotmail.com (Terry del Fuego)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 06:14:38 -0700
 by: Terry del Fuego - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 13:14 UTC

<https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/florida/os-ne-florida-legislature-collecting-condo-fees-allocating-money-general-fund-20210709-rrkmrnfbkzantekhlguyo7hn6a-story.html>

Florida Legislature has been collecting condo fees and allocating
money into general fund: report
By GARFIELD HYLTON
ORLANDO SENTINEL |
JUL 09, 2021 AT 3:25 PM

A new report details how the state Legislature takes condo owners’
associations fees and sweeps them into a general fund.

In 2020, condominium owners associations, vacation timeshares, and
mobile home parks paid $13.7 million in fees, but legislators kept $5
million in the state’s general fund, according to The Daytona Beach
News-Journal.

The money was supposed to be used for various situations like training
condo associations about subjects like maintenance, investigating
complaints by condo owners, and teaching board members their
responsibilities as stewards of their buildings.

Instead, fees filled holes in the state budget, particularly during
times of economic downturn.

Since 2008, the state Legislature took $65 million, roughly 40% of the
$167 million raised by those associate fees, according to The
News-Journal.

The actions are coming to light after the June 24 collapse of the
Surfside condo in Miami-Dade County.

As questions arise regarding the responsibility a building’s
homeowners association board played in the disaster, experts believe
timely repairs could’ve made a difference in the collapse.

"I don’t know if it would have averted the collapse because we still
don’t know all the factors, but had they repaired the building
properly, it would have been stronger," Joel Figeuroa-Vallines, an
Orlando-based structural engineering consultant who is also a fellow
with the American Society of Civil Engineers, told The News-Journal.

Florida contains more than 1.5 million condo units, many built in the
‘60s, ‘70s, and ‘80s.

The state has more condo units than any other in America.

Read the full report on news-journalonline.com.

--
All birth is abuse.

interests / alt.obituaries / Horrific Building Collapse in Miami Beach