Two wrongs are only the beginning. -- Kohn

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union Speech

SubjectAuthor
* Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union SpeechUbiquitous
`* Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union Speectrotsky
 `* Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union SpeecFPP
  +- Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union Speectrotsky
  `* Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union Speectrotsky
   `* Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union SpeecFPP
    `* Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union Speectrotsky
     `* Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union SpeecFPP
      `* Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union Speectrotsky
       +- Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union SpeecmoviePig
       +- Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union Speecsuper70s
       `* Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union SpeecFPP
        `- Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union Speectrotsky

1
Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union Speech

<usf08c$1m3o8$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218221&group=rec.arts.tv#218221

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union Speech
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2024 04:30:46 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 09:30 UTC

Sen. Katie Britt (R-AL), the youngest Republican woman ever elected to the
U.S. Senate, delivered an energetic rebuttal on Thursday night to President
Joe Biden�s highly criticized State of the Union address.

The Republican Party�s decision to have a vibrant Britt, 42, deliver the
rebuttal was a stark contrast from watching the 81-year-old president yell
throughout much of his speech.

�The true, unvarnished State of our Union begins and ends with this: Our
families are hurting. Our country can do better,� Britt said, later adding:
�Hardworking families are struggling to make ends meet today. And with
soaring mortgage rates and sky-high childcare costs, they�re also struggling
to plan for tomorrow. The American people are scraping by while the President
proudly proclaims Bidenomics is working! Bless his heart. We know better.�

Britt hit Biden hard on the border crisis that he caused and the subsequent
flood of illegal aliens that have poured onto America�s streets.

�President Biden inherited the most secure border of all-time,� Britt said.
�But minutes after taking office, he suspended all deportations, halted
construction of the border wall, and announced a plan to give amnesty to
millions. We know that President Biden didn�t just create this border crisis.
He invited it with 94 executive actions in his first 100 days. � President
Biden�s border crisis is a disgrace. It�s despicable. And it�s almost
entirely preventable.�

Britt said that Biden was �not in command,� a reference to his advanced age
and the concerns that the majority of Americans say that they have about his
mental fitness for office.

�The free world deserves better than a dithering and diminished leader,� she
said. �America deserves leaders who recognize that secure borders, stable
prices, safe streets, and a strong defense are the cornerstones of a great
nation.�

Watch the full Republican Response to the State of the Union by Sen.
@KatieBrittforAL: pic.twitter.com/cHmYjVRR2P

� GOP (@GOP) March 8, 2024

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union Speech

<17bb5d45f6ceb542$475$2601257$cad58068@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218414&group=rec.arts.tv#218414

Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 04:30:38 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sun, 10 Mar 2024 09:30 UTC

On 3/8/24 3:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> Sen. Katie Britt (R-AL), the youngest Republican woman ever elected to the
> U.S. Senate, delivered an energetic rebuttal on Thursday night to President
> Joe Biden’s highly criticized State of the Union address.

That was one of the funniest things I've seen it a long time. Hilarious
actually.

Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union Speech

<uskfca$307pd$12@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218439&group=rec.arts.tv#218439

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The
Union Speech
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 10:16:42 -0400
 by: FPP - Sun, 10 Mar 2024 14:16 UTC

On 3/10/24 5:30 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 3/8/24 3:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> Sen. Katie Britt (R-AL), the youngest Republican woman ever elected to
>> the
>> U.S. Senate, delivered an energetic rebuttal on Thursday night to
>> President
>> Joe Biden’s highly criticized State of the Union address.
>

> That was one of the funniest things I've seen it a long time. Hilarious
> actually.

Her lies didn't even survive through the weekend. So young, and already
a proven liar.

She'll go far in the Republican party.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union Speech

<17bb7a533eca44e8$50$3602787$2d54864@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218456&group=rec.arts.tv#218456

Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 13:23:01 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sun, 10 Mar 2024 18:23 UTC

On 3/10/24 9:16 AM, FPP wrote:
> On 3/10/24 5:30 AM, trotsky wrote:
>> On 3/8/24 3:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>>> Sen. Katie Britt (R-AL), the youngest Republican woman ever elected
>>> to the
>>> U.S. Senate, delivered an energetic rebuttal on Thursday night to
>>> President
>>> Joe Biden’s highly criticized State of the Union address.
>>

>> That was one of the funniest things I've seen it a long time.
>> Hilarious actually.
>
> Her lies didn't even survive through the weekend.  So young, and already
> a proven liar.
>
> She'll go far in the Republican party.

Yeah, just as soon as she makes it out of the kitchen.

Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union Speech

<6JyHN.48712$hN14.27793@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218521&group=rec.arts.tv#218521

Union Speech
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 02:51:10 -0500
 by: trotsky - Mon, 11 Mar 2024 07:51 UTC

On 3/10/24 9:16 AM, FPP wrote:
> On 3/10/24 5:30 AM, trotsky wrote:
>> On 3/8/24 3:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>>> Sen. Katie Britt (R-AL), the youngest Republican woman ever elected
>>> to the
>>> U.S. Senate, delivered an energetic rebuttal on Thursday night to
>>> President
>>> Joe Biden’s highly criticized State of the Union address.
>>

>> That was one of the funniest things I've seen it a long time.
>> Hilarious actually.
>
> Her lies didn't even survive through the weekend.  So young, and already
> a proven liar.
>
> She'll go far in the Republican party.

I started watching SNL about fifteen minutes in Sat. and thus missed the
"cold opening." People on social media were raving about Scarlet
Johansson's take on Britt. She was excellent, but the material itself
didn't seem that funny other than it was good mimicry of Britt. Britt
herself was the real comedy act. So pious, so fake. I wonder what Oath
Keeper Twat's email blast will tell him to say about her.

Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union Speech

<usn0ii$3kncg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218558&group=rec.arts.tv#218558

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Union Speech
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 09:22:25 -0400
 by: FPP - Mon, 11 Mar 2024 13:22 UTC

On 3/11/24 3:51 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 3/10/24 9:16 AM, FPP wrote:
>>>

>>> That was one of the funniest things I've seen it a long time.
>>> Hilarious actually.
>>
>> Her lies didn't even survive through the weekend.  So young, and
>> already a proven liar.
>>
>> She'll go far in the Republican party.
>

> I started watching SNL about fifteen minutes in Sat. and thus missed the
> "cold opening."  People on social media were raving about Scarlet
> Johansson's take on Britt.  She was excellent, but the material itself
> didn't seem that funny other than it was good mimicry of Britt.  Britt
> herself was the real comedy act.  So pious, so fake.  I wonder what Oath
> Keeper Twat's email blast will tell him to say about her.

Did you see it finally?

Selling bejeweled crosses on QVC.

Migrants on the top shelf of your fridge.

Everything was accurate... EXCEPT 1) when it happened 2) where it
happened and 3) who was president when it happened.

And her delivery was spot on.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union Speech

<3CVHN.690299$p%Mb.470313@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218683&group=rec.arts.tv#218683

Union Speech
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 04:53:03 -0500
 by: trotsky - Tue, 12 Mar 2024 09:53 UTC

On 3/11/24 8:22 AM, FPP wrote:
> On 3/11/24 3:51 AM, trotsky wrote:

>>> Her lies didn't even survive through the weekend.  So young, and
>>> already a proven liar.
>>>
>>> She'll go far in the Republican party.
>>

>> I started watching SNL about fifteen minutes in Sat. and thus missed
>> the "cold opening."  People on social media were raving about Scarlet
>> Johansson's take on Britt.  She was excellent, but the material itself
>> didn't seem that funny other than it was good mimicry of Britt.  Britt
>> herself was the real comedy act.  So pious, so fake.  I wonder what
>> Oath Keeper Twat's email blast will tell him to say about her.
>>

> Did you see it finally?
>
> Selling bejeweled crosses on QVC.
>
> Migrants on the top shelf of your fridge.
>
> Everything was accurate... EXCEPT 1) when it happened  2) where it
> happened and 3) who was president when it happened.
>
> And her delivery was spot on.

It was good. I didn't laugh though. Scarlett was amazing to do such a
great job mimicking her on such short notice.

Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union Speech

<usqm3i$hnqa$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218761&group=rec.arts.tv#218761

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Union Speech
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 18:48:18 -0400
 by: FPP - Tue, 12 Mar 2024 22:48 UTC

On 3/12/24 5:53 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 3/11/24 8:22 AM, FPP wrote:

>>> I started watching SNL about fifteen minutes in Sat. and thus missed
>>> the "cold opening."  People on social media were raving about Scarlet
>>> Johansson's take on Britt.  She was excellent, but the material
>>> itself didn't seem that funny other than it was good mimicry of
>>> Britt.  Britt herself was the real comedy act.  So pious, so fake.  I
>>> wonder what Oath Keeper Twat's email blast will tell him to say about
>>> her.
>>>

>> Did you see it finally?
>>
>> Selling bejeweled crosses on QVC.
>>
>> Migrants on the top shelf of your fridge.
>>
>> Everything was accurate... EXCEPT 1) when it happened  2) where it
>> happened and 3) who was president when it happened.
>>
>> And her delivery was spot on.
>

> It was good. I didn't laugh though. Scarlett was amazing to do such a
> great job mimicking her on such short notice.

I don't know about laughing, but my mouth did drop open.
Scarlett did for Katie Britt what Tina Fey did for Sarah Palin.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union Speech

<17bc47bf3eac9d32$44836$1585792$4ad50060@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218850&group=rec.arts.tv#218850

Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 04:07:24 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 09:07 UTC

On 3/12/24 5:48 PM, FPP wrote:
> On 3/12/24 5:53 AM, trotsky wrote:

>>> Did you see it finally?
>>>
>>> Selling bejeweled crosses on QVC.
>>>
>>> Migrants on the top shelf of your fridge.
>>>
>>> Everything was accurate... EXCEPT 1) when it happened  2) where it
>>> happened and 3) who was president when it happened.
>>>
>>> And her delivery was spot on.
>>

>> It was good. I didn't laugh though. Scarlett was amazing to do such a
>> great job mimicking her on such short notice.
>>

> I don't know about laughing, but my mouth did drop open.
> Scarlett did for Katie Britt what Tina Fey did for Sarah Palin.

It terms of the quality of the presentation, yes. I think this is a
one-off and won't become part of the national dialogue like Tina's did.
That was something else.

Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union Speech

<17bc6ad3610ded19$133204$1098985$c8d58268@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218886&group=rec.arts.tv#218886

Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 15:50:14 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: nev...@nothere.com (moviePig)
 by: moviePig - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 19:50 UTC

On 3/13/2024 5:07 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 3/12/24 5:48 PM, FPP wrote:

>>> It was good. I didn't laugh though. Scarlett was amazing to do such a
>>> great job mimicking her on such short notice.
>>>

>> I don't know about laughing, but my mouth did drop open.
>> Scarlett did for Katie Britt what Tina Fey did for Sarah Palin.
>

> It terms of the quality of the presentation, yes.  I think this is a
> one-off and won't become part of the national dialogue like Tina's did.
> That was something else.

Well, Britt's sure to feature her "martyrdom" in her own next campaign.

Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union Speech

<ust51k$15b9v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=218890&group=rec.arts.tv#218890

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 16:15:32 -0500
 by: super70s - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 21:15 UTC

On 2024-03-13 09:07:24 +0000, trotsky said:

> On 3/12/24 5:48 PM, FPP wrote:

>>> It was good. I didn't laugh though. Scarlett was amazing to do such a
>>> great job mimicking her on such short notice.
>>>

>> I don't know about laughing, but my mouth did drop open.
>> Scarlett did for Katie Britt what Tina Fey did for Sarah Palin.
>

> It terms of the quality of the presentation, yes. I think this is a
> one-off and won't become part of the national dialogue like Tina's did.
> That was something else.

The best cold open celebrity guest in my recent memory was when Matt
Damon turned Brett Kavanaugh up to 11.

Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union Speech

<ut1fno$29a9s$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=219068&group=rec.arts.tv#219068

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Union Speech
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 08:42:32 -0400
 by: FPP - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 12:42 UTC

On 3/13/24 5:07 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 3/12/24 5:48 PM, FPP wrote:

>>> It was good. I didn't laugh though. Scarlett was amazing to do such a
>>> great job mimicking her on such short notice.
>>>

>> I don't know about laughing, but my mouth did drop open.
>> Scarlett did for Katie Britt what Tina Fey did for Sarah Palin.
>

> It terms of the quality of the presentation, yes.  I think this is a
> one-off and won't become part of the national dialogue like Tina's did.
> That was something else.

Well, Britt is a Senator from Bug Tussle, and Palin was a possible VP.
She's had her 15 minutes.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union Speech

<17bd3ef61e494f56$1624$3331982$c2d58868@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=219121&group=rec.arts.tv#219121

Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 07:37:39 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 12:37 UTC

On 3/15/24 7:42 AM, FPP wrote:
> On 3/13/24 5:07 AM, trotsky wrote:

>>> I don't know about laughing, but my mouth did drop open.
>>> Scarlett did for Katie Britt what Tina Fey did for Sarah Palin.
>>

>> It terms of the quality of the presentation, yes.  I think this is a
>> one-off and won't become part of the national dialogue like Tina's
>> did. That was something else.
>>

> Well, Britt is a Senator from Bug Tussle, and Palin was a possible VP.
> She's had her 15 minutes.

Unless Oath Keeper Twat tells us otherwise.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Katie Britt Delivers Republican Rebuttal To Biden's State Of The Union Speech