From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Kiev on Pelosi
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 18:06:26 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 15:06 UTC

As far as I know the Kiev regime didn't make notable official statements
with regard to the recent Taiwan-related events, but their second-tier
figures and the regime's propaganda outlets commented on it.

Pavel Klimkin <https://is.gd/ryVbjy> (ex-"MFA") posted in Twitter about
the Pelosi's visit: "The US has shown its teeth .. These teeth were seen
in the Kremlin. The signal is very simple: we are not afraid of anyone
and will destroy anyone who threatens the security of the United States."
<https://tinyurl.com/2bc8kdak>

The chief hypnotic-propagandist Arestovich <http://tinyurl.com/2yawtngf>
commented as follows <https://tinyurl.com/28eo6o6c>: "Americans simply
pushed through and brazenly landed on Taiwan, showing everyone who is
the boss on the globe. At last, we see the good old USA, which was never
afraid of anyone."

The regime's propaganda outlets were happy to notice the fact that the
Taiwanese activists were wearing blue and yellow masks when greeting the
arrival of Pelosi <https://t.me/uniannet/66719>.

Here is an example of the regime's more "detailed" propaganda narratives.

Beijing is now not ready to challenge America, as it understands the
US won't forgive them for the attack on Taiwan, just as it hasn't
forgive the Putin's attack on the Ukraine. The fearless leader of the
US Congress, Nancy Pelosi, despite the hysteria in Moscow and Beijing,
successfully landed on Taiwan. The Chinese should have thought before,
when China was pushing Putin to war against the Ukraine to show the
world the supposed America's weakness and decay of the West. But now
the West has awakened instead. Brave American congresswoman Pelosi has
challenged Beijing and exposed limits of China's capabilities. Beijing
hasn't dared to strike at America back, despite its humiliation. All
China's threats remained in words. And now an Asian NATO will begin to
form around Taiwan. Washington has shown higher class of the game to
Beijing and Moscow <https://tinyurl.com/277wdvbp>

When it comes to the Ukraine, one needs to realize that after the 2014
coup it's not really an independent state. The post-coup regime could
not, in principle, survive on its own. It stands solely due to the
support from the Atlanticist powers, and its "brave" boorishness toward
Russia and Russians is solely due to their assurance of support.

The current ruling class of the regime had little chances to get power
if situation there evolved in a regular way without shocks, via normal
procedures (the Ukraine's regular presidential election would have been
in February 2015). They've gotten power through the coup supported by
the Atlanticist powers. Now they're firmly attached to the Atlanticism.

So they see the Atlanticism, mainly the US, as the only "warrantor" of
their existence, they're afloat solely thanks to the Atlanticist money
and weapons. And given quite a primitive mindset of these species, the
over-dramatic simplistic-animalistic metaphors in their narratives are
natural: whose teeth are stronger and the like. There's nothing about
"democracy and values" etc, as well as in the recent American analysts'
reflections on the Taiwan issue there's little about democracy, their
real concerns are that the unification with Taiwan would change balance
in certain important economic-technological fields in favor to China.

China once opportunistically tried to play the Motor Sich affair with
the post-coup Kiev, but when it came to finalization, the Atlanticism
had meddled reining in the regime, and it had been rolled back quickly.

With regard to China, the regime can make some ritualistic noises and
gestures, but if it comes to principal things or substantial interests,
they'd surely do what the Atlanticism orders them to do.

Re: Kiev on Pelosi

<0d533ab7-2701-45ef-804e-6ec24aeaf296n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10331&group=soc.culture.china#10331

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 06:30:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Kiev on Pelosi
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 13:30 UTC

On Thursday, August 11, 2022 at 11:07:48 AM UTC-4, Oleg Smirnov wrote:
> [...]
> over-dramatic simplistic-animalistic metaphors in their narratives are
> natural: whose teeth are stronger and the like. There's nothing about
> "democracy and values" etc, as well as in the recent American analysts'
> reflections on the Taiwan issue there's little about democracy, their
> real concerns are that the unification with Taiwan would change balance
> in certain important economic-technological fields in favor to China.
>
> China once opportunistically tried to play the Motor Sich affair with
> the post-coup Kiev, but when it came to finalization, the Atlanticism
> had meddled reining in the regime, and it had been rolled back quickly.
>
> With regard to China, the regime can make some ritualistic noises and
> gestures, but if it comes to principal things or substantial interests,
> they'd surely do what the Atlanticism orders them to do.

You had commented on the diversity of opinion in Russia. My feeling is that
Ukraine also has diversified opinions on various issues.

Re: Kiev on Pelosi

<tddl4q$3m5jf$2@os.motzarella.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10333&group=soc.culture.china#10333

From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 17:26:11 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 14:26 UTC

ltlee1, <news:0d533ab7-2701-45ef-804e-6ec24aeaf296n@googlegroups.com>
> On Thursday, August 11, 2022 at 11:07:48 AM UTC-4, Oleg Smirnov wrote:

>> As far as I know the Kiev regime didn't make notable official statements
>> with regard to the recent Taiwan-related events, but their second-tier
>> figures and the regime's propaganda outlets commented on it.
>>
>> Pavel Klimkin <https://is.gd/ryVbjy> (ex-"MFA") posted in Twitter about
>> the Pelosi's visit: "The US has shown its teeth .. These teeth were seen
>> in the Kremlin. The signal is very simple: we are not afraid of anyone
>> and will destroy anyone who threatens the security of the United States."
>> <https://tinyurl.com/2bc8kdak>
>>
>> The chief hypnotic-propagandist Arestovich <http://tinyurl.com/2yawtngf>
>> commented as follows <https://tinyurl.com/28eo6o6c>: "Americans simply
>> pushed through and brazenly landed on Taiwan, showing everyone who is
>> the boss on the globe. At last, we see the good old USA, which was never
>> afraid of anyone."
>>
>> The regime's propaganda outlets were happy to notice the fact that the
>> Taiwanese activists were wearing blue and yellow masks when greeting the
>> arrival of Pelosi <https://t.me/uniannet/66719>.

> You had commented on the diversity of opinion in Russia. My feeling is that
> Ukraine also has diversified opinions on various issues.

Read also <https://tinyurl.com/2zhphfhy>

Re: Kiev on Pelosi

<tdmb3k$15q63$1@os.motzarella.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10363&group=soc.culture.china#10363

From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 00:31:12 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 21:31 UTC

Oleg Smirnov, <news:tddl4q$3m5jf$2@os.motzarella.org>
> ltlee1, <news:0d533ab7-2701-45ef-804e-6ec24aeaf296n@googlegroups.com>
>> On Thursday, August 11, 2022 at 11:07:48 AM UTC-4, Oleg Smirnov wrote:

>>> The chief hypnotic-propagandist Arestovich <http://tinyurl.com/2yawtngf>
>>> commented as follows <https://tinyurl.com/28eo6o6c>: "Americans simply
>>> pushed through and brazenly landed on Taiwan, showing everyone who is
>>> the boss on the globe. At last, we see the good old USA, which was never
>>> afraid of anyone."
>>>
>>> The regime's propaganda outlets were happy to notice the fact that the
>>> Taiwanese activists were wearing blue and yellow masks when greeting the
>>> arrival of Pelosi <https://t.me/uniannet/66719>.
>
>> You had commented on the diversity of opinion in Russia. My feeling is that
>> Ukraine also has diversified opinions on various issues.
>
> Read also <https://tinyurl.com/2zhphfhy>

<https://tinyurl.com/2zub3mga> focustaiwan.tw

Ukrainian lawmakers on Wednesday established a cross-
parliamentary group .. Oleksandr Merezhko, head of the
Parliament's Committee on Foreign Policy and Interparliamentary
Cooperation, told CNA .. To start cooperation between Ukrainian
and Taiwanese MPs at the official level ..

Regime official has confirmed <https://tinyurl.com/2flvwdp5>

Re: Kiev on Pelosi

<tgqkue$3h4dt$2@os.motzarella.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10863&group=soc.culture.china#10863

From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 01:30:50 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 22:30 UTC

> <https://tinyurl.com/2zub3mga> focustaiwan.tw
>
> Ukrainian lawmakers on Wednesday established a cross-
> parliamentary group .. Oleksandr Merezhko, head of the
> Parliament's Committee on Foreign Policy and Interparliamentary
> Cooperation, told CNA .. To start cooperation between Ukrainian
> and Taiwanese MPs at the official level ..

<https://tinyurl.com/mr4dx74c> axios.com

"I have experienced living in the Soviet Union for 20 years. I know what
it's like to live in a totalitarian state, which tramples human rights
and undermines the world order," Merezhko said. "To me, China is exactly
like that, like the Soviet Union but more dangerous .. And [China] is a
very cynical force, which absolutely doesn't care about anything except
for its own interests." .. Merezhko also emphasized that the Chinese
government's repressive policies in Xinjiang are a matter of grave
international concern. "Genocide is a crime of crimes," Merezhko said.
"It is a crime against all humankind ..

As one can see from the cited article, he has expressed support to the
Atlanticist major narratives employed to stigmatize China, including
this the most strong "Xinjiang genocide" claim. Merezhko is the chief on
foreign policy in the Kiev regime's "parliament". That's a second-tier
figure, but not insignificant.

Btw the guy's claim about "life in the Soviet Union for 20 years" is BS.
In 1991, he was 20 years old. I.e. it means that in his conscious years
he might experience firsthand only the Gorbachyov's reform (1985+).

Re: Kiev on Pelosi

<902d0b9e-5efc-4d32-8d52-f3dc0e26f08en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10864&group=soc.culture.china#10864

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 19:17:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Mon, 26 Sep 2022 02:17 UTC

On Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 10:32:50 PM UTC, Oleg Smirnov wrote:
> > <https://tinyurl.com/2zub3mga> focustaiwan.tw
> >
> > Ukrainian lawmakers on Wednesday established a cross-
> > parliamentary group .. Oleksandr Merezhko, head of the
> > Parliament's Committee on Foreign Policy and Interparliamentary
> > Cooperation, told CNA .. To start cooperation between Ukrainian
> > and Taiwanese MPs at the official level ..
> <https://tinyurl.com/mr4dx74c> axios.com
>
> "I have experienced living in the Soviet Union for 20 years. I know what
> it's like to live in a totalitarian state, which tramples human rights
> and undermines the world order," Merezhko said. "To me, China is exactly
> like that, like the Soviet Union but more dangerous .. And [China] is a
> very cynical force, which absolutely doesn't care about anything except
> for its own interests." .. Merezhko also emphasized that the Chinese
> government's repressive policies in Xinjiang are a matter of grave
> international concern. "Genocide is a crime of crimes," Merezhko said.
> "It is a crime against all humankind ..

> As one can see from the cited article, he has expressed support to the
> Atlanticist major narratives employed to stigmatize China, including
> this the most strong "Xinjiang genocide" claim. Merezhko is the chief on
> foreign policy in the Kiev regime's "parliament". That's a second-tier
> figure, but not insignificant.
>
> Btw the guy's claim about "life in the Soviet Union for 20 years" is BS.
> In 1991, he was 20 years old. I.e. it means that in his conscious years
> he might experience firsthand only the Gorbachyov's reform (1985+).

Yes. A lot readers did claim in their comments that they have many many
years of experience in this and that country. They then repeated some
senseless accusations. I don't let these kind of nonsense bother me. I
also guest many of these posts were bot-generated.

On the other hand, the world is indeed entering a more dangerous phase.
The more the US is weakened by its domestic polarization, the more likely
it will lash out. China and Russia are its obvious targets.