Circumstances rule men; men do not rule circumstances. -- Herodotus

interests / soc.culture.china / PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiang

SubjectAuthor
* PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiangbmoore
+* Re: PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiangstoney
|`* Re: PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiangbmoore
| `* Re: PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiangstoney
|  `* Re: PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiangbmoore
|   `* Re: PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiangstoney
|    `* Re: PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiangbmoore
|     `* Re: PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiangwog wacker
|      `* Re: PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiangbmoore
|       `* Re: PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiangstoney
|        `- Re: PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiangbmoore
`- Re: PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiangwog wacker

1
PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiang

<04756573-1d7e-4690-bea7-8875bde38f88n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10422&group=soc.culture.china#10422

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 16:31:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiang
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 23:31 UTC

https://www.state.gov/prc-efforts-to-manipulate-global-public-opinion-on-xinjiang/

The People’s Republic of China (PRC) actively attempts to manipulate and dominate global discourse on Xinjiang and to discredit independent sources reporting ongoing genocide and crimes against humanity conducted against predominantly Muslim Uyghurs and members of other ethnic and religious minority groups in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region. PRC-directed and -affiliated actors lead a coordinated effort to amplify Beijing’s preferred narratives on Xinjiang, to drown out and marginalize narratives that are critical of the PRC’s repression of Uyghurs, and to harass those critical of the PRC.

[...]

Re: PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiang

<b07955a3-2b2c-4101-b4fd-e47f6fe03b44n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10455&group=soc.culture.china#10455

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 09:29:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 16:29 UTC

On Friday, August 26, 2022 at 7:31:03 AM UTC+8, bmoore wrote:
> https://www.state.gov/prc-efforts-to-manipulate-global-public-opinion-on-xinjiang/
>
> The People’s Republic of China (PRC) actively attempts to manipulate and dominate global discourse on Xinjiang and to discredit independent sources reporting ongoing genocide and crimes against humanity conducted against predominantly Muslim Uyghurs and members of other ethnic and religious minority groups in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region. PRC-directed and -affiliated actors lead a coordinated effort to amplify Beijing’s preferred narratives on Xinjiang, to drown out and marginalize narratives that are critical of the PRC’s repression of Uyghurs, and to harass those critical of the PRC.
>
> [...]

Another lie produced by the "lie& lie production department" in the State Department. Have you checked if these people who wrote it had gone there or not. The lady commissioner of the UN human right commission had gone there to take a good look in May 2022 and when she returned and told the UN that she was pleased with the inspection, the Americans in the UN organized a team of 5 eyes to say the human right commissioner was wrong and should resign. She resigned and left the post. This showed US is bad principled country in that they twisted and lied and fabricated stories against any countries not happy by them.

Re: PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiang

<8269892a-ea28-4234-85d8-d6f46ab60928n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10457&group=soc.culture.china#10457

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 10:36:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 17:36 UTC

On Saturday, August 27, 2022 at 9:29:36 AM UTC-7, stoney wrote:
> On Friday, August 26, 2022 at 7:31:03 AM UTC+8, bmoore wrote:
> > https://www.state.gov/prc-efforts-to-manipulate-global-public-opinion-on-xinjiang/
> >
> > The People’s Republic of China (PRC) actively attempts to manipulate and dominate global discourse on Xinjiang and to discredit independent sources reporting ongoing genocide and crimes against humanity conducted against predominantly Muslim Uyghurs and members of other ethnic and religious minority groups in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region. PRC-directed and -affiliated actors lead a coordinated effort to amplify Beijing’s preferred narratives on Xinjiang, to drown out and marginalize narratives that are critical of the PRC’s repression of Uyghurs, and to harass those critical of the PRC.
> >
> > [...]
> Another lie produced by the "lie& lie production department" in the State Department. Have you checked if these people who wrote it had gone there or not. The lady commissioner of the UN human right commission had gone there to take a good look in May 2022 and when she returned and told the UN that she was pleased with the inspection, the Americans in the UN organized a team of 5 eyes to say the human right commissioner was wrong and should resign. She resigned and left the post. This showed US is bad principled country in that they twisted and lied and fabricated stories against any countries not happy by them.

She has not left the post. She did not resign. She will remain at the post until her term expires.

Re: PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiang

<597bcbf9-5141-47c5-bcf0-5d41f9284e99n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10458&group=soc.culture.china#10458

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 17:25:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 00:25 UTC

On Sunday, August 28, 2022 at 1:36:21 AM UTC+8, bmoore wrote:
> On Saturday, August 27, 2022 at 9:29:36 AM UTC-7, stoney wrote:
> > On Friday, August 26, 2022 at 7:31:03 AM UTC+8, bmoore wrote:
> > > https://www.state.gov/prc-efforts-to-manipulate-global-public-opinion-on-xinjiang/
> > >
> > > The People’s Republic of China (PRC) actively attempts to manipulate and dominate global discourse on Xinjiang and to discredit independent sources reporting ongoing genocide and crimes against humanity conducted against predominantly Muslim Uyghurs and members of other ethnic and religious minority groups in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region. PRC-directed and -affiliated actors lead a coordinated effort to amplify Beijing’s preferred narratives on Xinjiang, to drown out and marginalize narratives that are critical of the PRC’s repression of Uyghurs, and to harass those critical of the PRC.
> > >
> > > [...]
> > Another lie produced by the "lie& lie production department" in the State Department. Have you checked if these people who wrote it had gone there or not. The lady commissioner of the UN human right commission had gone there to take a good look in May 2022 and when she returned and told the UN that she was pleased with the inspection, the Americans in the UN organized a team of 5 eyes to say the human right commissioner was wrong and should resign. She resigned and left the post. This showed US is bad principled country in that they twisted and lied and fabricated stories against any countries not happy by them.
> She has not left the post. She did not resign. She will remain at the post until her term expires.

More or less the same. Who would say so early that she will end her term when she is entitled to seek reelection or be extended or reappointed at the end of the term, but she decided to announce ahead of it. It showed that there were "dark forces" in the US and its 5 dark eyes were working against her in the UN. Hence she thrown in the towel early in order to let them and especially the world know that she is quitting her job. When she announced early to the world, the world would know she was being threatened of writing real report for her job commissioned. She received verbal harassments, verbal lectures and psychological abuses and wicked behaviors thrown at her.

Re: PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiang

<3cf7a7b6-04e0-40b0-8717-274ad030e293n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10467&group=soc.culture.china#10467

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 09:56:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 16:56 UTC

On Saturday, August 27, 2022 at 5:25:35 PM UTC-7, stoney wrote:
> On Sunday, August 28, 2022 at 1:36:21 AM UTC+8, bmoore wrote:

> > > Another lie produced by the "lie& lie production department" in the State Department. Have you checked if these people who wrote it had gone there or not. The lady commissioner of the UN human right commission had gone there to take a good look in May 2022 and when she returned and told the UN that she was pleased with the inspection, the Americans in the UN organized a team of 5 eyes to say the human right commissioner was wrong and should resign. She resigned and left the post. This showed US is bad principled country in that they twisted and lied and fabricated stories against any countries not happy by them.
> > She has not left the post. She did not resign. She will remain at the post until her term expires.
> More or less the same. Who would say so early that she will end her term when she is entitled to seek reelection or be extended or reappointed at the end of the term, but she decided to announce ahead of it. It showed that there were "dark forces" in the US and its 5 dark eyes were working against her in the UN. Hence she thrown in the towel early in order to let them and especially the world know that she is quitting her job. When she announced early to the world, the world would know she was being threatened of writing real report for her job commissioned. She received verbal harassments, verbal lectures and psychological abuses and wicked behaviors thrown at her..

Maybe, maybe not.

But there is so much evidence of Uyghur mistreatment, that's really undeniable.

Re: PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiang

<40d650d3-1b00-4c49-b3c3-f64e2049c604n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10468&group=soc.culture.china#10468

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 10:17:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 17:17 UTC

On Monday, August 29, 2022 at 12:56:18 AM UTC+8, bmoore wrote:
> On Saturday, August 27, 2022 at 5:25:35 PM UTC-7, stoney wrote:

> > > She has not left the post. She did not resign. She will remain at the post until her term expires.
> > More or less the same. Who would say so early that she will end her term when she is entitled to seek reelection or be extended or reappointed at the end of the term, but she decided to announce ahead of it. It showed that there were "dark forces" in the US and its 5 dark eyes were working against her in the UN. Hence she thrown in the towel early in order to let them and especially the world know that she is quitting her job. When she announced early to the world, the world would know she was being threatened of writing real report for her job commissioned. She received verbal harassments, verbal lectures and psychological abuses and wicked behaviors thrown at her.
> Maybe, maybe not.
>
> But there is so much evidence of Uyghur mistreatment, that's really undeniable.

Show evidence. Undeniable is often an American usage of democracy again.

Re: PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiang

<1ebc6f1e-6d76-472c-8be3-0a790e2e9bc7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10472&group=soc.culture.china#10472

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 12:48:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 19:48 UTC

On Sunday, August 28, 2022 at 10:17:51 AM UTC-7, stoney wrote:
> On Monday, August 29, 2022 at 12:56:18 AM UTC+8, bmoore wrote:

> > > More or less the same. Who would say so early that she will end her term when she is entitled to seek reelection or be extended or reappointed at the end of the term, but she decided to announce ahead of it. It showed that there were "dark forces" in the US and its 5 dark eyes were working against her in the UN. Hence she thrown in the towel early in order to let them and especially the world know that she is quitting her job. When she announced early to the world, the world would know she was being threatened of writing real report for her job commissioned. She received verbal harassments, verbal lectures and psychological abuses and wicked behaviors thrown at her.
> > Maybe, maybe not.
> >
> > But there is so much evidence of Uyghur mistreatment, that's really undeniable.
> Show evidence. Undeniable is often an American usage of democracy again.

Undeniable means it cannot be reasonably denied by reasonable folks.

https://xjdp.aspi.org.au/

The Xinjiang Data Project brings together rigorous, empirical research on the human rights situation for Uyghurs and other non-Han nationalities in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region (XUAR) in western China. It focuses on a core set of topics including mass internment camps, surveillance and emerging technologies, forced labour and supply chains, the ‘re-education’ campaign, deliberate cultural destruction and other human rights issues.

Drawing on open source data including satellite imagery, Chinese government documents, official statistics and a range of authoritative reports and academic studies, the Xinjiang Data Project documents the Chinese Communist Party’s ongoing program of human rights abuses and tech-enhanced authoritarianism in Xinjiang, and explores its global implications.

Re: PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiang

<a8da05bb-ffd9-411f-8fb2-62ba4c171133n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10479&group=soc.culture.china#10479

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 18:47:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: wogwac...@gmail.com (wog wacker)
 by: wog wacker - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 01:47 UTC

On Thursday, August 25, 2022 at 11:31:03 PM UTC, bmoore wrote:
> https://www.state.gov/prc-efforts-to-manipulate-global-public-opinion-on-xinjiang/
>
> The People’s Republic of China (PRC) actively attempts to manipulate and dominate global discourse on Xinjiang and to discredit independent sources reporting ongoing genocide and crimes against humanity conducted against predominantly Muslim Uyghurs and members of other ethnic and religious minority groups in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region. PRC-directed and -affiliated actors lead a coordinated effort to amplify Beijing’s preferred narratives on Xinjiang, to drown out and marginalize narratives that are critical of the PRC’s repression of Uyghurs, and to harass those critical of the PRC.
>
> [...]

The Chinese effort is nothing compared to Western political and media power which spew fake news, disinformation, misinformation and downright lies about China, 24/7.

Re: PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiang

<1050b82d-6c19-4f61-b1b6-7e24fc853cf3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10480&group=soc.culture.china#10480

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 18:57:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: wogwac...@gmail.com (wog wacker)
 by: wog wacker - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 01:57 UTC

On Sunday, August 28, 2022 at 7:48:56 PM UTC, bmoore wrote:
> On Sunday, August 28, 2022 at 10:17:51 AM UTC-7, stoney wrote:

> > > Maybe, maybe not.
> > >
> > > But there is so much evidence of Uyghur mistreatment, that's really undeniable.
> > Show evidence. Undeniable is often an American usage of democracy again..
> Undeniable means it cannot be reasonably denied by reasonable folks.
>
> https://xjdp.aspi.org.au/
>
> The Xinjiang Data Project brings together rigorous, empirical research on the human rights situation for Uyghurs and other non-Han nationalities in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region (XUAR) in western China. It focuses on a core set of topics including mass internment camps, surveillance and emerging technologies, forced labour and supply chains, the ‘re-education’ campaign, deliberate cultural destruction and other human rights issues.
>
> Drawing on open source data including satellite imagery, Chinese government documents, official statistics and a range of authoritative reports and academic studies, the Xinjiang Data Project documents the Chinese Communist Party’s ongoing program of human rights abuses and tech-enhanced authoritarianism in Xinjiang, and explores its global implications.

Right across the Chinese border from Xinjiang is Indian-occupied Jammu-Kashmir. The atrocities committed by the Indian Army on the population there are so intolerable that the Chief Minister there has openly stated that he would prefer Chinese rule! Yet there is no "open source data including satellite imagery, documents, official statistics and a range of authoritative reports and academic studies" on that part of the world!? The West interest in Xinjiang is purely political - Use Xinjiang as another means to demonise China.

Re: PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiang

<06a31c83-04c0-4d80-9a64-05927ad0b3f8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10492&group=soc.culture.china#10492

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 11:50:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 18:50 UTC

On Sunday, August 28, 2022 at 6:57:20 PM UTC-7, wog wacker wrote:
> On Sunday, August 28, 2022 at 7:48:56 PM UTC, bmoore wrote:

> > > Show evidence. Undeniable is often an American usage of democracy again.
> > Undeniable means it cannot be reasonably denied by reasonable folks.
> >
> > https://xjdp.aspi.org.au/
> >
> > The Xinjiang Data Project brings together rigorous, empirical research on the human rights situation for Uyghurs and other non-Han nationalities in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region (XUAR) in western China. It focuses on a core set of topics including mass internment camps, surveillance and emerging technologies, forced labour and supply chains, the ‘re-education’ campaign, deliberate cultural destruction and other human rights issues.
> >
> > Drawing on open source data including satellite imagery, Chinese government documents, official statistics and a range of authoritative reports and academic studies, the Xinjiang Data Project documents the Chinese Communist Party’s ongoing program of human rights abuses and tech-enhanced authoritarianism in Xinjiang, and explores its global implications.
> Right across the Chinese border from Xinjiang is Indian-occupied Jammu-Kashmir. The atrocities committed by the Indian Army on the population there are so intolerable that the Chief Minister there has openly stated that he would prefer Chinese rule! Yet there is no "open source data including satellite imagery, documents, official statistics and a range of authoritative reports and academic studies" on that part of the world!? The West interest in Xinjiang is purely political - Use Xinjiang as another means to demonise China.

Wog wacker, you are right that Indian (and/or Pakistani, depending on who you believe) forces are messing up Kashmir.

But there is so much stuff going on in Xinjiang.

Re: PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiang

<b10f7be1-ee53-43b4-a75e-225d794316c9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10495&group=soc.culture.china#10495

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 14:46:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Mon, 29 Aug 2022 21:46 UTC

On Tuesday, August 30, 2022 at 2:50:23 AM UTC+8, bmoore wrote:
> On Sunday, August 28, 2022 at 6:57:20 PM UTC-7, wog wacker wrote:

> > > Undeniable means it cannot be reasonably denied by reasonable folks.
> > >
> > > https://xjdp.aspi.org.au/
> > >
> > > The Xinjiang Data Project brings together rigorous, empirical research on the human rights situation for Uyghurs and other non-Han nationalities in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region (XUAR) in western China. It focuses on a core set of topics including mass internment camps, surveillance and emerging technologies, forced labour and supply chains, the ‘re-education’ campaign, deliberate cultural destruction and other human rights issues.
> > >
> > > Drawing on open source data including satellite imagery, Chinese government documents, official statistics and a range of authoritative reports and academic studies, the Xinjiang Data Project documents the Chinese Communist Party’s ongoing program of human rights abuses and tech-enhanced authoritarianism in Xinjiang, and explores its global implications.
> > Right across the Chinese border from Xinjiang is Indian-occupied Jammu-Kashmir. The atrocities committed by the Indian Army on the population there are so intolerable that the Chief Minister there has openly stated that he would prefer Chinese rule! Yet there is no "open source data including satellite imagery, documents, official statistics and a range of authoritative reports and academic studies" on that part of the world!? The West interest in Xinjiang is purely political - Use Xinjiang as another means to demonise China.
> Wog wacker, you are right that Indian (and/or Pakistani, depending on who you believe) forces are messing up Kashmir.
>
> But there is so much stuff going on in Xinjiang.

Bmoore, seek and post your American shits of fabricated tricks and lies of open source data and satellite imagery, reports and studies regarding atrocities committed by Indian Army on the population in Indian-occupied Jammu-Kashmir. that the people there prefer Chinese rule. Let see how and why US never demonize India because India is friend of US but not China.

Re: PRC Efforts to Manipulate Global Public Opinion on Xinjiang

<18f26256-7b34-445c-83bd-e4fac600b578n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10499&group=soc.culture.china#10499

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 07:03:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: bmo...@nyx.net (bmoore)
 by: bmoore - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 14:03 UTC

On Monday, August 29, 2022 at 2:46:28 PM UTC-7, stoney wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 30, 2022 at 2:50:23 AM UTC+8, bmoore wrote:

> > > Right across the Chinese border from Xinjiang is Indian-occupied Jammu-Kashmir. The atrocities committed by the Indian Army on the population there are so intolerable that the Chief Minister there has openly stated that he would prefer Chinese rule! Yet there is no "open source data including satellite imagery, documents, official statistics and a range of authoritative reports and academic studies" on that part of the world!? The West interest in Xinjiang is purely political - Use Xinjiang as another means to demonise China.
> > Wog wacker, you are right that Indian (and/or Pakistani, depending on who you believe) forces are messing up Kashmir.
> >
> > But there is so much stuff going on in Xinjiang.
> Bmoore, seek and post your American shits of fabricated tricks and lies of open source data and satellite imagery, reports and studies regarding atrocities committed by Indian Army on the population in Indian-occupied Jammu-Kashmir. that the people there prefer Chinese rule. Let see how and why US never demonize India because India is friend of US but not China.

Not lies. Wake up.