I have hardly ever known a mathematician who was capable of reasoning. -- Plato

interests / alt.food.fast-food / Re: Deluxe and Meatzilla Cheesesteak Sandwiches

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Deluxe and Meatzilla Cheesesteak SandwichesScott Oaf - (I'm really Chudnozzle)
+- Re: Deluxe and Meatzilla Cheesesteak SandwichesScott Oaf - (I'm really Chudnozzle)
+- Re: Deluxe and Meatzilla Cheesesteak SandwichesScott Oaf - (I'm really Chudnozzle)
`* Re: Deluxe and Meatzilla Cheesesteak SandwichesJerry Sauk
 +* Re: Deluxe and Meatzilla Cheesesteak SandwichesKlausSchadenfreude
 |`* Re: Deluxe and Meatzilla Cheesesteak SandwichesJerry Sauk
 | `- Re: Deluxe and Meatzilla Cheesesteak SandwichesKlausSchadenfreude
 `- Re: Deluxe and Meatzilla Cheesesteak SandwichesKlausSchadenfreude

1
Re: Deluxe and Meatzilla Cheesesteak Sandwiches

<XnsAE35C8A032B89CowardlyChadRunsAway@144.76.35.252>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10048&group=alt.food.fast-food#10048

From: ChadLu...@zoho.com (Scott Oaf - (I'm really Chudnozzle))
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Re: Deluxe and Meatzilla Cheesesteak Sandwiches
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2022 00:43:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Scott Oaf - (I' - Sun, 6 Feb 2022 00:43 UTC

KlausSchadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in

> On Wed, 02 Feb 2022 01:56:15 -0800, KWills <a@b.c> wrote:
>

>>https://www.chewboom.com/2022/01/27/erbert-gerberts-launches-new-meatzi
>>lla-cheesesteak-sandwich-and-new-deluxe-cheesesteak-sandwich/
>>
>> I'll say this. The description certainly makes them look good.
>>But then, it should.
>> And they use actual provolone cheese. They probably won't be as
>>good as an authentic Philly cheese steak. But few ever are.
>
> They have some interesting sandwiches.
>
> https://www.erbertandgerberts.com/sandwiches/

They're using brisket in place of ribeye. I'm not a purist, either works as
long as it's chopped small enough. But most places in Philly use American
cheese. I prefer one with Vermont white cheddar, sweet peppers, fried
onions and pickles when I can find it available. But the important part of
a Philly cheesesteak is the (toasted or not) roll.

Obligatory horror story: I once went to one of those "hoagie" chains once
and they tried to charge extra for fried onions. Run, don't walk.

PS: Burn the place to the ground if they use provolone instead of
mozzarella on the pizza steaks. All those fuckers must die.

Re: Deluxe and Meatzilla Cheesesteak Sandwiches

<XnsAE36AE4C853AFCowardlyChadRunsAway@144.76.35.252>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10049&group=alt.food.fast-food#10049

From: ChadLu...@zoho.com (Scott Oaf - (I'm really Chudnozzle))
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2022 22:08:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Scott Oaf - (I' - Sun, 6 Feb 2022 22:08 UTC

> On Sun, 6 Feb 2022 00:43:22 -0000 (UTC), "Scott Oaf - (I'm really
> Chudnozzle)" <ChadLuzer@zoho.com> wrote:
>
>>KlausSchadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in

>>> They have some interesting sandwiches.
>>>
>>> https://www.erbertandgerberts.com/sandwiches/
>>
>>They're using brisket in place of ribeye. I'm not a purist, either
>>works as long as it's chopped small enough. But most places in Philly
>>use American cheese. I prefer one with Vermont white cheddar, sweet
>>peppers, fried onions and pickles when I can find it available. But
>>the important part of a Philly cheesesteak is the (toasted or not)
>>roll.
>>
>>Obligatory horror story: I once went to one of those "hoagie" chains
>>once and they tried to charge extra for fried onions. Run, don't walk.
>>
>>PS: Burn the place to the ground if they use provolone instead of
>>mozzarella on the pizza steaks. All those fuckers must die.
>>

> Some of the "original" places use Cheeze Whiz. You can mail order
> Amoroso rolls.

Yeah, they're tourist traps. Pat's, Geno's and a few like scum use
Sleeze-Jiz because they're lazy and it's cheaper.

I can get rolls like Amoroso's near me but at home I actually prefer
making one in bread I toast.It's basically a grilled cheese with onions
and steak.
> https://www.webstaurantstore.com/amorosos-12-philadelphia-hearth-baked-
> sliced-hoagie-rolls-case/876AMO7120.html

for that matter, I can get rolls like Amoroso's in a surprising number of
places. It's actually popular enough that a bakery in San Diego makes a
very good cheesesteak roll for the local Philly Cheesesteak place.

http://www.philadelphiasandwichco.com/

They may still do so. The above link used to mention the bakery somewhere
on the site.

Re: Deluxe and Meatzilla Cheesesteak Sandwiches

<XnsAE36AF114F48DCowardlyChadRunsAway@144.76.35.252>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10050&group=alt.food.fast-food#10050

From: ChadLu...@zoho.com (Scott Oaf - (I'm really Chudnozzle))
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2022 22:12:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Scott Oaf - (I' - Sun, 6 Feb 2022 22:12 UTC

> On Sun, 06 Feb 2022 07:41:37 -0800, KWills <a@b.c> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 6 Feb 2022 00:43:22 -0000 (UTC), "Scott Oaf - (I'm really
>>Chudnozzle)" <ChadLuzer@zoho.com> wrote:
>>
>>>KlausSchadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in

>>>They're using brisket in place of ribeye. I'm not a purist, either
>>>works as long as it's chopped small enough.
>>
>> I honestly never paid attention to the cut of beef used.
>>
>>>But most places in Philly use American
>>>cheese.
>>
>> It's been decades since I last had a Philly from Philly. But the
>>ones I had were all provolone. It's more than possible this has
>>changed.
>
> The "classic" recipes seem to be either Kraft Cheez Whiz or provolone.
> I don't know if you can even call Cheez Whiz "cheese."

You can't, Sleeze jiz is like "nacho cheese".

> There are a lot of variations out there, though, and American Cheese
> is certainly one of them.
Some shops in south Philly may use provolone, up in the northern parts of
Philly and the suburbs, it's usually American if you don't ask.

Re: Deluxe and Meatzilla Cheesesteak Sandwiches

<dqmdndT_KaFOaP__nZ2dnUU7-SXNnZ2d@supernews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10476&group=alt.food.fast-food#10476

From: jerrys...@hotmail.com (Jerry Sauk)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 00:38:25 -0500
 by: Jerry Sauk - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 05:38 UTC

"KlausSchadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 13 Mar 2022 22:10:09 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
> <jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>"KlausSchadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in
>>message

>>> The "classic" recipes seem to be either Kraft Cheez Whiz or provolone.
>>> I don't know if you can even call Cheez Whiz "cheese."
>>

>>It is a type of cheese. So YES,
>>

> I will teach you something about cheese, son.
>
> Processed cheese (also known as process cheese, prepared cheese,
> cheese product, or plastic cheese) is a food product made from cheese
> and unfermented dairy ingredients mixed with emulsifiers. Additional
> ingredients, such as vegetable oils, salt, food coloring, or sugar may
> be included. As a result, many flavors, colors, and textures of
> processed cheese exist. Processed cheese typically contains around 50
> to 60% traditional cheese. The best known processed cheese in the
> United States is marketed as American cheese by Kraft Foods, Borden,
> and other companies. It is yellow or off-white, mild, has a medium
> consistency and melts easily. It is typically made from a blend of
> cheeses, most often Colby and cheddar.
>
> Now, here comes the important part.
>
> Owing to its highly mechanized (i.e., assembly line) methods of
> production, and additive ingredients (e.g., oils, salts, or colors),
> some softer varieties of processed cheese cannot legally be labeled as
> actual "cheese" in many countries, even those in which slightly harder
> varieties can be. Such products tend to be classified as "cheese
> food", "cheese spread", or "cheese product" (depending primarily on
> the amount of cheese, moisture, and milkfat present in the final
> product).
>
> In the United States, which is the only place on earth you seem to
> care about, processed cheese is defined, categorized, and regulated by
> the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under the U.S. Code of Federal
> Regulations Title 21, Section 133 ("Cheeses and Cheese-Related
> Products"). Pasteurized process cheese can be made from a single
> cheese, or a blend of several cheeses. Cream, milk fat, water, salt,
> color, and spices may also be added. The mixture is heated with an
> emulsifier, poured into a mold, and allowed to cool. The definitions
> include:

And I'm from wisconsin, do you have NO FUCKING RIGHT to tell me about
cheese. Especially in a off-topic newsgroup.

Re: Deluxe and Meatzilla Cheesesteak Sandwiches

<fda66hdtr7odeu1qp1gtrhjmoesh9vl87r@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10485&group=alt.food.fast-food#10485

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 15:19:16 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 22:19 UTC

On Fri, 22 Apr 2022 00:38:25 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
<jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"KlausSchadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 13 Mar 2022 22:10:09 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
>> <jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>"KlausSchadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in
>>>message

>>>It is a type of cheese. So YES,
>>>

>> I will teach you something about cheese, son.
>>
>> Processed cheese (also known as process cheese, prepared cheese,
>> cheese product, or plastic cheese) is a food product made from cheese
>> and unfermented dairy ingredients mixed with emulsifiers. Additional
>> ingredients, such as vegetable oils, salt, food coloring, or sugar may
>> be included. As a result, many flavors, colors, and textures of
>> processed cheese exist. Processed cheese typically contains around 50
>> to 60% traditional cheese. The best known processed cheese in the
>> United States is marketed as American cheese by Kraft Foods, Borden,
>> and other companies. It is yellow or off-white, mild, has a medium
>> consistency and melts easily. It is typically made from a blend of
>> cheeses, most often Colby and cheddar.
>>
>> Now, here comes the important part.
>>
>> Owing to its highly mechanized (i.e., assembly line) methods of
>> production, and additive ingredients (e.g., oils, salts, or colors),
>> some softer varieties of processed cheese cannot legally be labeled as
>> actual "cheese" in many countries, even those in which slightly harder
>> varieties can be. Such products tend to be classified as "cheese
>> food", "cheese spread", or "cheese product" (depending primarily on
>> the amount of cheese, moisture, and milkfat present in the final
>> product).
>>
>> In the United States, which is the only place on earth you seem to
>> care about, processed cheese is defined, categorized, and regulated by
>> the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under the U.S. Code of Federal
>> Regulations Title 21, Section 133 ("Cheeses and Cheese-Related
>> Products"). Pasteurized process cheese can be made from a single
>> cheese, or a blend of several cheeses. Cream, milk fat, water, salt,
>> color, and spices may also be added. The mixture is heated with an
>> emulsifier, poured into a mold, and allowed to cool. The definitions
>> include:
>>

>And I'm from wisconsin, do you have NO FUCKING RIGHT to tell me about
>cheese. Especially in a off-topic newsgroup.

I have EVERY RIGHT to try and educate you about cheese, since you
obviously know very little about cheese.

Living in Wisconsin doesn't seem to have helped you any at all.

Re: Deluxe and Meatzilla Cheesesteak Sandwiches

<qb9d6hdv0tc8n7bcinuhivkptai4mnrfoj@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10493&group=alt.food.fast-food#10493

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 06:50:35 -0700
References: <q9lkvgtgdu9073odavbbhm0i3idl47qaa0@4ax.com> <7c0lvgh56mbs75hmmu6dbt5j9s2ab9s1kd@4ax.com> <XnsAE35C8A032B89CowardlyChadRunsAway@144.76.35.252> <h0rvvg14b2ito7lnanftjaa67mdgkt885p@4ax.com> <cgtvvg5g7kasrm6l8q8h4sthotq97ukts2@4ax.com> <7_mdne3qCtlMJLP_nZ2dnUU7-dPNnZ2d@supernews.com> <809u2hpnsa8bvm9rfrfn52l9hk0ghaknsm@4ax.com> <dqmdndT_KaFOaP__nZ2dnUU7-SXNnZ2d@supernews.com> <5od76h50u511bs7kjk3gd2np4qgqshat99@4ax.com>
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 13:50 UTC

On Sat, 23 Apr 2022 01:21:52 -0700, KWills <a@b.c> wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Apr 2022 00:38:25 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
><jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>And I'm from wisconsin, do you have NO FUCKING RIGHT to tell me about
>>cheese.
>
> In fact, he does have such a right.

Such an odd thing for him to say. Does the education system in
Wisconsin teach students about cheese? Is cheese knowledge on the
Wisconsin SAT's? Are there cheese questions when you get your
Wisconsin driver's license?

Because it sure doesn't seem to teach students about spelling or
punctuation. Seems odd they would concentrate on cheese. While it
produces about a quarter of America's cheese, it grows more than half
the national crop of cranberries. I wonder if Jenny thinks I can talk
about cranberries.

>>Especially in a off-topic newsgroup.
>
> So fast food no longer uses cheese? At all?
> When did this happen? Or are you lying, still?
>
>[Crickets]

What is he babbling about now? *WHAT* "off-topic" newsgroup? Did he
sneak into his parent's liquor cabinet again?

Re: Deluxe and Meatzilla Cheesesteak Sandwiches

<X76dnYIeuoItdRT_nZ2dnUU7-Y_NnZ2d@supernews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10766&group=alt.food.fast-food#10766

From: jerrys...@hotmail.com (Jerry Sauk)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
References: <q9lkvgtgdu9073odavbbhm0i3idl47qaa0@4ax.com> <7c0lvgh56mbs75hmmu6dbt5j9s2ab9s1kd@4ax.com> <XnsAE35C8A032B89CowardlyChadRunsAway@144.76.35.252> <h0rvvg14b2ito7lnanftjaa67mdgkt885p@4ax.com> <cgtvvg5g7kasrm6l8q8h4sthotq97ukts2@4ax.com> <7_mdne3qCtlMJLP_nZ2dnUU7-dPNnZ2d@supernews.com> <809u2hpnsa8bvm9rfrfn52l9hk0ghaknsm@4ax.com> <dqmdndT_KaFOaP__nZ2dnUU7-SXNnZ2d@supernews.com> <fda66hdtr7odeu1qp1gtrhjmoesh9vl87r@4ax.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 03:33:30 -0500
 by: Jerry Sauk - Fri, 20 May 2022 08:33 UTC

> On Fri, 22 Apr 2022 00:38:25 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
> <jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>"KlausSchadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in
>>message

>>> I will teach you something about cheese, son.
>>>
>>> Processed cheese (also known as process cheese, prepared cheese,
>>> cheese product, or plastic cheese) is a food product made from cheese
>>> and unfermented dairy ingredients mixed with emulsifiers. Additional
>>> ingredients, such as vegetable oils, salt, food coloring, or sugar may
>>> be included. As a result, many flavors, colors, and textures of
>>> processed cheese exist. Processed cheese typically contains around 50
>>> to 60% traditional cheese. The best known processed cheese in the
>>> United States is marketed as American cheese by Kraft Foods, Borden,
>>> and other companies. It is yellow or off-white, mild, has a medium
>>> consistency and melts easily. It is typically made from a blend of
>>> cheeses, most often Colby and cheddar.
>>>
>>> Now, here comes the important part.
>>>
>>> Owing to its highly mechanized (i.e., assembly line) methods of
>>> production, and additive ingredients (e.g., oils, salts, or colors),
>>> some softer varieties of processed cheese cannot legally be labeled as
>>> actual "cheese" in many countries, even those in which slightly harder
>>> varieties can be. Such products tend to be classified as "cheese
>>> food", "cheese spread", or "cheese product" (depending primarily on
>>> the amount of cheese, moisture, and milkfat present in the final
>>> product).
>>>
>>> In the United States, which is the only place on earth you seem to
>>> care about, processed cheese is defined, categorized, and regulated by
>>> the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under the U.S. Code of Federal
>>> Regulations Title 21, Section 133 ("Cheeses and Cheese-Related
>>> Products"). Pasteurized process cheese can be made from a single
>>> cheese, or a blend of several cheeses. Cream, milk fat, water, salt,
>>> color, and spices may also be added. The mixture is heated with an
>>> emulsifier, poured into a mold, and allowed to cool. The definitions
>>> include:
>>>

>>And I'm from wisconsin, do you have NO FUCKING RIGHT to tell me about
>>cheese. Especially in a off-topic newsgroup.
>>

> I have EVERY RIGHT to try and educate you about cheese, since you
> obviously know very little about cheese.

Key word there is "try" Yes you can try to tell me all you want but it just
comes out as blathering.

Re: Deluxe and Meatzilla Cheesesteak Sandwiches

<3e6k8hlalpt9qgn2rr9586u0orpv07k1bj@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10773&group=alt.food.fast-food#10773

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 04:09:17 -0700
References: <q9lkvgtgdu9073odavbbhm0i3idl47qaa0@4ax.com> <7c0lvgh56mbs75hmmu6dbt5j9s2ab9s1kd@4ax.com> <XnsAE35C8A032B89CowardlyChadRunsAway@144.76.35.252> <h0rvvg14b2ito7lnanftjaa67mdgkt885p@4ax.com> <cgtvvg5g7kasrm6l8q8h4sthotq97ukts2@4ax.com> <7_mdne3qCtlMJLP_nZ2dnUU7-dPNnZ2d@supernews.com> <809u2hpnsa8bvm9rfrfn52l9hk0ghaknsm@4ax.com> <dqmdndT_KaFOaP__nZ2dnUU7-SXNnZ2d@supernews.com> <fda66hdtr7odeu1qp1gtrhjmoesh9vl87r@4ax.com> <X76dnYIeuoItdRT_nZ2dnUU7-Y_NnZ2d@supernews.com>
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Sun, 22 May 2022 11:09 UTC

On Fri, 20 May 2022 03:33:30 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
<jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"KlausSchadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 22 Apr 2022 00:38:25 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
>> <jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>"KlausSchadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in
>>>message

>>>And I'm from wisconsin, do you have NO FUCKING RIGHT to tell me about
>>>cheese. Especially in a off-topic newsgroup.
>>>

>> I have EVERY RIGHT to try and educate you about cheese, since you
>> obviously know very little about cheese.
>

>Key word there is "try" Yes you can try to tell me all you want

I know. You're just not intelligent enough to learn.