From: t_del_fu...@hotmail.com (Terry del Fuego)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Lawrence and Lydia Rodriguez, moronic baby factories
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 16:28:58 -0700
 by: Terry del Fuego - Sat, 21 Aug 2021 23:28 UTC

<https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/08/20/mothers-dying-wish-kids-get-covid-vaccine/8191942002/>

Before dying of COVID-19, mom of four pleads: 'I need my kids to get
vaccinated'

Gabriela Miranda
USA TODAY

Neonatal nurse practitioner Dottie Jones warned her cousin, Lydia
Rodriguez, of the "brutal" death and complications that come from
COVID-19. But Jones said her warnings didn't make a difference; her
cousin was adamantly against vaccinations.

Weeks later, Rodriguez and her husband died after testing positive for
COVID-19. The couple left behind four children.

"She spent her whole life against vaccines, and then before she was
intubated, she asked doctors for the vaccine, but it was too late,"
Jones told USA TODAY.

Last month, Rodriguez, her husband and their kids attended a weeklong
church camp. Each member of the family contracted COVID-19 afterward.
While the kids remained asymptomatic, conditions for Rodriguez and her
husband Lawrence Rodriguez worsened.

Jones said Rodriguez's last plea was that her family made sure her
kids received the COVID-19 vaccine.

"She said, 'I need my kids to get vaccinated. Please make sure,'"
Jones said. "It was too late to save her life, but she wanted them to
be safe."

Lydia Rodriguez, 42, died Monday, two weeks after her husband also
died following COVID-19 related complications. Lawrence Rodriguez was
49.

Although Jones said she told Lydia and Lawrence about the hundreds of
COVID-19 patients at a hospital in Sugar Land, Texas, it didn't make a
difference. The Texas couple practiced social distancing and wore
masks in public, but they also remained fearful of vaccines.

"She was never outspoken or pushed her anti-vaccine views on people,
she was just scared of them. She was scared until she was dying and
realized her family needs them," Jones said.

On July 12, Lawrence drove Lydia Rodriguez to the hospital after she
experienced issues breathing. Rodriguez was immediately admitted into
the ICU. Jones said Lawrence Rodriguez was admitted to the ICU days
later and died on Aug. 2. Lawrence also asked to be given the COVID-19
vaccine, which doctors declined to do at his already declining state.

Jones said the Rodriguez children were made aware of their mother's
wishes and the two 18-year-olds will be allowed to make their own
decision. She is nervous that after years of hearing horror stories
about the vaccine, the two oldest children won't get vaccinated.

However, the 16-year-old child has already made a vaccine appointment
and the youngest who is 11 will get vaccinated once she's eligible,
Jones said.

As Jones now works with other families to support the Rodriguez
children, she's created a GoFundMe fundraiser. Her biggest concern
lies with the healing and support the four children now need. But
Jones hopes the Rodriguez's story will prevent other "unnecessary"
deaths and family tragedies.

Jones urged all Americans who are eligible to get vaccinated while
they have the option.

"I can't excuse their choice. I look at the four kids who are now
orphans and I get really angry. But I loved her. When you love
somebody, you love all of them, even some mistakes," Jones said. "But
I hope everyone reading follows Lydia's last wish and words. Get
vaccinated."