Those who don't know, talk. Those who don't talk, know.

interests / alt.obituaries / HEALTHWATCH: Jesse Jackson laid up with Kung Flu in Chicago

SubjectAuthor
* HEALTHWATCH: Jesse Jackson laid up with Kung Flu in Chicagoradioacti...@gmail.com
+- Re: HEALTHWATCH: Jesse Jackson laid up with Kung Flu in ChicagoA Friend
+- Re: HEALTHWATCH: Jesse Jackson laid up with Kung Flu in ChicagoTerry del Fuego
`* Re: HEALTHWATCH: Jesse Jackson laid up with Kung Flu in ChicagoAdam H. Kerman
 `* Re: HEALTHWATCH: Jesse Jackson laid up with Kung Flu in ChicagoMeteorite Debris
  `* Re: HEALTHWATCH: Jesse Jackson laid up with Kung Flu in Chicagoradioacti...@gmail.com
   `* Re: HEALTHWATCH: Jesse Jackson laid up with Kung Flu in Chicagoradioacti...@gmail.com
    +- Re: HEALTHWATCH: Jesse Jackson laid up with Kung Flu in Chicagoradioacti...@gmail.com
    `- Re: HEALTHWATCH: Jesse Jackson laid up with Kung Flu in ChicagoMJ Emigh

1
HEALTHWATCH: Jesse Jackson laid up with Kung Flu in Chicago

<9c64396e-1672-44ba-bd09-636b3384ff3en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10543&group=alt.obituaries#10543

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 21:57:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: HEALTHWATCH: Jesse Jackson laid up with Kung Flu in Chicago
From: radioact...@gmail.com (radioacti...@gmail.com)
 by: radioacti...@gmail.c - Sun, 22 Aug 2021 04:57 UTC

While I'm certainly no fan of the PUSH founder and world-class demagogue--having thusly never revered him and ergo don't employ that "reverend" honorific to which he, Sharpton, et al. have brought such dishonor--I sure hope this is but a mild case he is stricken with

Even at age 79, Jackson is a rather massive* and presumably still strong man, so there's reason to believe he'll be well again soon.

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
* I was startled by how tall and broad-shouldered Jackson is when I encountered him in Chicago at WGN-TV during the summer of 1999.
______________________________
https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/jesse-jackson-sr-jacqueline-jackson-test-positive-for-covid-19-currently-hospitalized-at-northwestern/

Re: HEALTHWATCH: Jesse Jackson laid up with Kung Flu in Chicago

<220820210704059834%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10548&group=alt.obituaries#10548

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 07:04:05 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sun, 22 Aug 2021 11:04 UTC

In article <9c64396e-1672-44ba-bd09-636b3384ff3en@googlegroups.com>,
<"radioacti...@gmail.com"> wrote:

> While I'm certainly no fan of the PUSH founder and world-class
> demagogue--having thusly never revered him and ergo don't employ that
> "reverend" honorific to which he, Sharpton, et al. have brought such
> dishonor--I sure hope this is but a mild case he is stricken with
>
> Even at age 79, Jackson is a rather massive* and presumably still strong man,
> so there's reason to believe he'll be well again soon.
>
> BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
> * I was startled by how tall and broad-shouldered Jackson is when I
> encountered him in Chicago at WGN-TV during the summer of 1999.
> ______________________________
>
> https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/jesse-jackson-sr-jacqueline-jackson-test-po
> sitive-for-covid-19-currently-hospitalized-at-northwestern/

Met the Rev once or twice while I was on the road during the 1984
primary campaigns in, um, Texas and Ohio. He had a centered presence
the others didn't seem to have. I'll give him that.

Should add here that Walter Mondale was a good guy and Gary Hart was a
bozo. Met Debra Winger, who was campaigning with some governor (Bob
Kerrey?) she was boffing.

Re: HEALTHWATCH: Jesse Jackson laid up with Kung Flu in Chicago

<g6j4igdtpgg0iqocn91kupebmm6ljm3pqn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10557&group=alt.obituaries#10557

From: t_del_fu...@hotmail.com (Terry del Fuego)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 06:38:24 -0700
 by: Terry del Fuego - Sun, 22 Aug 2021 13:38 UTC

On Sat, 21 Aug 2021 21:57:38 -0700 (PDT), "radioacti...@gmail.com"
<radioactiveseattle@gmail.com> wrote:

>While I'm certainly no fan of the PUSH founder and world-class demagogue

I'm breaking a personal rule I made for myself some time back by
openly acknowledging the shit-stench of your worthless fucking
existence simply because I just want to point out to anyone who may
have missed it that your Ass-Burger sewer of a "mind" openly dismisses
Jackson as a "demagogue" (which he in fact may well be) while your
filthy tongue snakes up Limbaugh's rotting asshole and declares him a
world-class whatever the fuck.*

Gosh, I wonder what the difference could be between the two of them to
make you do that?

Also, anyone who, after a year and half of this bullshit and literally
*millions* of deaths, including well over half a million right here in
Shitlandia, not only says "kung flu" but says it *again* after a
functional adult pointed out how inappropriate and stupid it is to do
so will hopefully soon find out first hand exactly why it's
inappropriate and stupid.

Then again, maybe it would be even funnier if you instead experienced
a nasty mishap during your next cross-burning.

Fuck you. But not in the fun way.

Cuing up the logorrheic outrage over my vocabulary while desperately
attempting to deny what you've gleefully made obvious in 3...2...1...

*FYIYAMWTSF

Re: HEALTHWATCH: Jesse Jackson laid up with Kung Flu in Chicago

<sftmgb$5n9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10558&group=alt.obituaries#10558

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 14:20:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 22 Aug 2021 14:20 UTC

radioacti...@gmail.com <radioactiveseattle@gmail.com> wrote:

>While I'm certainly no fan of the PUSH founder and world-class
>demagogue--having thusly never revered him and ergo don't employ that
>"reverend" honorific to which he, Sharpton, et al. have brought such
>dishonor--I sure hope this is but a mild case he is stricken with

"Reverend" is not an honorific. "Minister" could be used that way. It's
supposed to be "The Reverend John Smith" because usually the speaker
doesn't revere the man in question.

I also disagree that Jackson is a "world-class demagogue". Over the
decades, he's attempted to be a typical Chicago politician, running
political allies on the south side and south suburbs but his political
power has largely waned at this point.

>Even at age 79, Jackson is a rather massive* and presumably still strong
>man, so there's reason to believe he'll be well again soon.

>BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
>* I was startled by how tall and broad-shouldered Jackson is when I
>encountered him in Chicago at WGN-TV during the summer of 1999.
>______________________________
>https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/jesse-jackson-sr-jacqueline-jackson-test-positive-for-covid-19-currently-hospitalized-at-northwestern/

They took him to hospital so the symptoms must have been pretty serious.

Re: HEALTHWATCH: Jesse Jackson laid up with Kung Flu in Chicago

<8c2e2fdb-76a7-436c-bfd2-cff8fdf9cacen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10565&group=alt.obituaries#10565

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 03:00:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: peter.gr...@gmail.com (Meteorite Debris)
 by: Meteorite Debris - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 10:00 UTC

On Sunday, 22 August 2021 at 23:51:02 UTC+9:30, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> radioacti...@gmail.com <radioacti...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >While I'm certainly no fan of the PUSH founder and world-class
> >demagogue--having thusly never revered him and ergo don't employ that
> >"reverend" honorific to which he, Sharpton, et al. have brought such
> >dishonor--I sure hope this is but a mild case he is stricken with
> "Reverend" is not an honorific. "Minister" could be used that way. It's
> supposed to be "The Reverend John Smith" because usually the speaker
> doesn't revere the man in question.
>
> I also disagree that Jackson is a "world-class demagogue". Over the
> decades, he's attempted to be a typical Chicago politician, running
> political allies on the south side and south suburbs but his political
> power has largely waned at this point.
> >Even at age 79, Jackson is a rather massive* and presumably still strong
> >man, so there's reason to believe he'll be well again soon.
>
> >BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
> >_____________________________________________
> >* I was startled by how tall and broad-shouldered Jackson is when I
> >encountered him in Chicago at WGN-TV during the summer of 1999.
> >______________________________
> >https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/jesse-jackson-sr-jacqueline-jackson-test-positive-for-covid-19-currently-hospitalized-at-northwestern/
> They took him to hospital so the symptoms must have been pretty serious.

It's not an influenza virus. It's a corona virus type. Difference. And "Kung" is no place.

Re: HEALTHWATCH: Jesse Jackson laid up with Kung Flu in Chicago

<sg0d8a$hcb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10568&group=alt.obituaries#10568

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 15:01:30 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 15:01 UTC

Meteorite Debris <peter.gregory.kelly@gmail.com> wrote:

>It's not an influenza virus. It's a corona virus type. Difference. And "Kung" is no place.

For your next demonstration in stating the obvious, can you explain
humor versus pedantry?

What I like about you (Was: HEALTHWATCH: Jesse Jackson laid up with Kung Flu in Chicago)

<sg0dtl$15t67$1@news.xmission.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10570&group=alt.obituaries#10570

From: gaze...@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 15:12:53 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: gazelle@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
 by: Kenny McCormack - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 15:12 UTC

In article <sg0d8a$hcb$1@dont-email.me>, Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>Meteorite Debris <peter.gregory.kelly@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>It's not an influenza virus. It's a corona virus type. Difference. And "Kung" is
>no place.
>
>For your next demonstration in stating the obvious, can you explain
>humor versus pedantry?

That's what I like about you.

You never fail to disappoint.

--
Which of these is the crazier bit of right wing lunacy?
1) We've just had another mass shooting; now is not the time to be talking about gun control.

2) We've just had a massive hurricane; now is not the time to be talking about climate change.

Kenny is highly offended (was: What I like about you)

<sg0ejh$hcb$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10571&group=alt.obituaries#10571

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Kenny is highly offended (was: What I like about you)
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 15:24:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 15:24 UTC

Kenny McCormack <gazelle@shell.xmission.com> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>Meteorite Debris <peter.gregory.kelly@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>It's not an influenza virus. It's a corona virus type. Difference. And "Kung" is no place.

>>For your next demonstration in stating the obvious, can you explain
>>humor versus pedantry?

>That's what I like about you.

>You never fail to disappoint.

Everybody should take your sensibilities into account to determine the
way they live, Kenny. Give the umbrage back.

Re: HEALTHWATCH: Jesse Jackson laid up with Kung Flu in Chicago

<d4bcc44f-4f6f-4016-adeb-27f44d78a8f2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10573&group=alt.obituaries#10573

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 11:31:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: radioact...@gmail.com (radioacti...@gmail.com)
 by: radioacti...@gmail.c - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 18:31 UTC

I have zero doubt you know precisely what you're factually outlining there, Meteorite. I just like jokey names, that's all.

I mean, even though during the late '80s I improbably was a white bassist in a reggae band, it's not like I'm necessarily a particular fan of reggae stalwart Carl Douglas--last I checked, he's still alive and, I hope, performing in Jamaica--though his sole AM hit sure DOES have some catchy if non-PC lyrics:

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting!
Those kicks came fast as lightning.
(In fact, it was a little bit frightening.)
There were funky Chinamen in funky Chinatown
They were chopping; them up, and
They were chopping them down.

Oh, and speaking of misnomers, Sir or Madam Meteorite, I figure (given your pseudonym) you may find this interesting:

I toured Barringer Crater in northern Arizona southeast of Flagstaff in conjunction with my run early this century in conjunction as an Albuquerque commercial radio news talker. I used the visit as an opportunity to persuade a couple front-office folk there that (as a proudly astronomy- and physics-literate media yakker), it is an insult to the English language that the world-famed site is colloquially--and all-but-, ahem, UNIVERSALLY--known as Meteor Crater.

As you sure know but too many folks are simply ignorant of, the moment any incoming meteor strikes the ground its identify becomes, forever, a meteorite! (And in the Barringer case, a rather sizable one, especially for the era some 50,000 years back when it seems to have arrived*).

The on-duty manager I was earnestly making this case to was, I should report, a perfectly nice lady. And she cheerfully acknowledged the perfect correctness of my argument. And then firmly informed me they would perfectly maintain the mistak--er, misnomer.

BRAN STYBLE/Florida
* Presumably rather thunderously to boot, for sure, but this raises a philosophical question: If a meteorite strikes the planet but there is no one to hear it, does its impact make a sound?

Re: HEALTHWATCH: Jesse Jackson laid up with Kung Flu in Chicago

<a2918986-8dbb-4dd0-ace7-5f6c83ba0593n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10574&group=alt.obituaries#10574

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 11:43:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: radioact...@gmail.com (radioacti...@gmail.com)
 by: radioacti...@gmail.c - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 18:43 UTC

Sorry for the "conjunction" malfunction above, and (though I enjoy raisin bran) my name is not Bran but Bryan.

STYBLE/Florida

Re: HEALTHWATCH: Jesse Jackson laid up with Kung Flu in Chicago

<84183c76-c13d-4da6-9e16-c7c0cde9b452n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10575&group=alt.obituaries#10575

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 11:51:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: radioact...@gmail.com (radioacti...@gmail.com)
 by: radioacti...@gmail.c - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 18:51 UTC

Oh, and I might point out, that in that aforementioned "Kung Fu Fighting" lyric--"There were funky Chinamen, in funky Chinatown"--one or more of those cited funky Chinamen MAY WELL have been named How Long (and, thus, finally answering that oft-posed question!).

STYBLE/Florida

Re: HEALTHWATCH: Jesse Jackson laid up with Kung Flu in Chicago

<23d09185-7eeb-4959-beba-2b83215c8117n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10576&group=alt.obituaries#10576

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 11:57:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: mj...@mjmagician.com (MJ Emigh)
 by: MJ Emigh - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 18:57 UTC

On Monday, August 23, 2021 at 1:43:40 PM UTC-5, radioacti...@gmail.com wrote:
> Sorry for the "conjunction" malfunction above,

As a recent convert to a high fiber diet, I find your new name appealing. Although, Avocado may have been a tastier choice.