From: tfe...@snl.com (Turd Ferguson)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: "Sweet, Sweet" Connie Hamzy, 66, Rock Groupie
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 12:28:05 -0400
 by: Turd Ferguson - Sun, 22 Aug 2021 16:28 UTC

“Sweet, Sweet” Connie Hamzy has passed away after a brief illness.

An Arkansan whose name is known around the world thanks to a number one
record, Grand Funk Railroad’s “We’re an American Band”.

Hamzy claims to have given oral sex to various members of the many bands
that have traveled through Little Rock.[1] Her alleged groupie escapades
were detailed in a Cosmopolitan profile in 1974, and in 1992 she wrote a
tell-all article for Penthouse.

She is mentioned in Grand Funk Railroad's song "We're an American Band"
("Last night in Little Rock, put me in a haze / Sweet, sweet Connie,
doin' her act / She had the whole show and that's a natural fact.")Hamzy
published a memoir in 1995 under the title Rock Groupie: The Intimate
Adventures of "Sweet Connie" from Little Rock.

She is mentioned again in the title track from Cheap Trick's "Standing
on the Edge (Cheap Trick album)"

In 1991, Hamzy was briefly in the news because of her claim that in 1984
she had been approached by an Arkansas state trooper on behalf of Bill
Clinton. She claimed that she and Clinton had looked for "a place where
they could have some privacy for an assignation, but couldn't find
one."[4] George Stephanopoulos later recounted that Clinton told him a
different story of his meeting with Hamzy. According to Clinton, Hamzy
had approached him in a hotel lobby, flipped down her bikini top, and
asked him, "What do you think of these?" Stephanopoulos secured
affidavits from three people who had been accompanying Clinton and
confirmed Clinton's recollection. When asked about Hamzy by reporters,
Stephanopoulos responded by denying the story off the record and
offering to provide the affidavits, also off the record. CNN Headline
News reported Hamzy's allegations once, neither CNN nor other mainstream
news organizations pursued the story further.

Hamzy was featured in a segment of the Insomniac with Dave Attell
episode in Little Rock.

She was interviewed on the Howard Stern Show on December 4, 1991, and
again on December 8, 2010.