"Freedom is still the most radical idea of all." -- Nathaniel Branden

interests / alt.food.fast-food / Re: Remembering Tim May and Goeff Miller

SubjectAuthor
* Remembering Tim May and Goeff MillerSqwertz
+* Re: Remembering Tim May and Goeff MillerCiccio
|`- Re: Remembering Tim May and Goeff MillerDavid Arnstein
`- Re: Remembering Tim May and Goeff MillerJerry Sauk

1
Remembering Tim May and Goeff Miller

<1766e7xly1b4r.dlg@sqwertz.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10504&group=alt.food.fast-food#10504

From: sqwert...@gmail.invalid (Sqwertz)
Subject: Remembering Tim May and Goeff Miller
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food,ba.food,scruz.general
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 01:52:00 -0500
 by: Sqwertz - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 06:52 UTC

We all lived within 30 miles each other for a few decades but never
met in person while first interacting online in unison in 1992-1993.

Then after years of kinda seldom posts to ba.* and scruz.* the three
of us were somehow sucked into and almost obsessed with a character
in alt.food.fast-food and carried on there for years with gusto.
The three of us being veteran Usenet personalities, it's odd that we
spent so much time 'battling wits' with the dimmest of them all in
the later, and final, years <sigh>.

As the last survivor of, "The Three Wisest Men on Usenet" (according
to Jerry Sauk of aff-f), I feel obligated and honored to remember my
two comrades every so often, publicly and respectfully.

And with a shout-out to kilikini (RIP), who was instrumental in all
this as well. She even got PM's from Jerry - Jerry's first and only
crush in his (now) 48 years of obtuse virginity. That was sweet!(?)

I can't help recounting a Jerry Sauk quote when he was trying to
convince the Three Of Us that he was a "Man of the World":

"Ive had more jobs in the last 3 years than you 3 have had in your
whole life's!!!"

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/santacruzsentinel/name/geoffrey-miller-obituary?id=16696101

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_C._May

-sw (u/SpicyBeefChowFun)

Re: Remembering Tim May and Goeff Miller

<t53nf3$h8n$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10645&group=alt.food.fast-food#10645

From: frances...@comcast.net (Ciccio)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food,ba.food,scruz.general
Subject: Re: Remembering Tim May and Goeff Miller
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 10:55:46 -0700
 by: Ciccio - Fri, 6 May 2022 17:55 UTC

On 4/25/2022 11:52 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> We all lived within 30 miles each other for a few decades but never
> met in person while first interacting online in unison in 1992-1993.
>
> Then after years of kinda seldom posts to ba.* and scruz.* the three
> of us were somehow sucked into and almost obsessed with a character
> in alt.food.fast-food and carried on there for years with gusto.
> The three of us being veteran Usenet personalities, it's odd that we
> spent so much time 'battling wits' with the dimmest of them all in
> the later, and final, years <sigh>.
>
> As the last survivor of, "The Three Wisest Men on Usenet" (according
> to Jerry Sauk of aff-f), I feel obligated and honored to remember my
> two comrades every so often, publicly and respectfully.
>
> And with a shout-out to kilikini (RIP), who was instrumental in all
> this as well. She even got PM's from Jerry - Jerry's first and only
> crush in his (now) 48 years of obtuse virginity. That was sweet!(?)
>
> I can't help recounting a Jerry Sauk quote when he was trying to
> convince the Three Of Us that he was a "Man of the World":
>
> "Ive had more jobs in the last 3 years than you 3 have had in your
> whole life's!!!"
>
> https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/santacruzsentinel/name/geoffrey-miller-obituary?id=16696101
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_C._May
>
> -sw (u/SpicyBeefChowFun)

The rumors [rumours per Julian} of my death have been greatly exaggerated!

Ciccio

Re: Remembering Tim May and Goeff Miller

<t53rjp$sik$1@reader1.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10646&group=alt.food.fast-food#10646

From: arnstein...@pobox.com (David Arnstein)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food,ba.food,scruz.general
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 19:06:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: David Arnstein - Fri, 6 May 2022 19:06 UTC

In article <t53nf3$h8n$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
Ciccio <francescod@comcast.net> wrote:
>The rumors [rumours per Julian} of my death have been greatly exaggerated!

Hat-tip to Ciccio. As I have aged, my taste in beers has, well, aged.
Now I appreciate BUD. I also like Blue Moon and Longboard. When my son
is around, we drink 805.
--
David Arnstein (00)
arnstein+usenet@pobox.com {{ }}

Re: Remembering Tim May and Goeff Miller

<_ZWdnSlgsMuQ7Qv_nZ2dnUU7-VHNnZ2d@supernews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10833&group=alt.food.fast-food#10833

From: jerrys...@hotmail.com (Jerry Sauk)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food,ba.food,scruz.general
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 14:38:38 -0500
 by: Jerry Sauk - Tue, 31 May 2022 19:38 UTC

"Sqwertz" <sqwertzme@gmail.invalid> wrote in message

> The three of us being veteran Usenet personalities, it's odd that we
> spent so much time 'battling wits' with the dimmest of them all in
> the later, and final, years <sigh>.

Are you saying that I'm NOT usenet veteran???

> As the last survivor of, "The Three Wisest Men on Usenet" (according
> to Jerry Sauk of aff-f),

WRONG. YOU were the first to identify the three of you as the "three
smartest men" on Usenet. proof of this is reference in the book of sqwertz.

I may have been the first to use teh term "three wise men" but trust me I
was mocking you.

> I feel obligated and honored to remember my
> two comrades every so often, publicly and respectfully.

GAY

> And with a shout-out to kilikini (RIP), who was instrumental in all
> this as well. She even got PM's from Jerry - Jerry's first and only
> crush in his (now) 48 years of obtuse virginity.

Kili was a decent human being. And NO I never had a crush on her. She
was A.) Old and b.) already married to TFM.

Oh and BTW Steve i have received PM's from you as well, by your logic you
have a crush on me.