When your memory goes, forget it!

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely in Next 10 Years

SubjectAuthor
* 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely in Nextltlee1
+* Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely instoney
|`* Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely inltlee1
| `* Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely instoney
|  `* Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely inltlee1
|   `- Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely instoney
+* Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely inltlee1
|`* Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely inltlee1
| `* Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely instoney
|  `* Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely inltlee1
|   +- Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely instoney
|   `* Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely instoney
|    `- Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely inltlee1
`* Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely in Next 10 YearA. Filip
 `- Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely inltlee1

1
43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely in Next 10 Years

<ef89df0f-8600-4640-9cb3-400884b69be0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10505&group=soc.culture.china#10505

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 12:39:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely in Next
10 Years
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 19:39 UTC

"A recent poll by YouGov and The Economist found that 43% believe a civil war was either “very” or “somewhat likely.” People who identified as “strong Republicans” were the most likely to anticipate a conflict. One in three of total respondents said it’s not very or at all likely, and 22% are unsure.

“Polarization right now is at the highest level in decades, if not going all the way back to the civil war,” Thomas Gift, director of the University College London’s Center on US Politics said in an interview. But he urged caution interpreting the data; he noted this type of conflict doesn’t typically break out in wealthy, democratic countries and it’s unclear what respondents imagine when they think of a “civil war.”

The survey, conducted among 1,500 US adults, also found that two-thirds of Americans—66%—believe political divisions have gotten worse since the beginning of 2021. In comparison, only 8% said the United States has grown less divided."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/43-americans-civil-war-least-140849765.html

Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely in Next 10 Years

<afa947ef-bf34-49eb-bfc6-1009abee7078n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10515&group=soc.culture.china#10515

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 02:19:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely in
Next 10 Years
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 09:19 UTC

On Wednesday, August 31, 2022 at 3:39:26 AM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> "A recent poll by YouGov and The Economist found that 43% believe a civil war was either “very” or “somewhat likely.” People who identified as “strong Republicans” were the most likely to anticipate a conflict. One in three of total respondents said it’s not very or at all likely, and 22% are unsure.
>
> “Polarization right now is at the highest level in decades, if not going all the way back to the civil war,” Thomas Gift, director of the University College London’s Center on US Politics said in an interview. But he urged caution interpreting the data; he noted this type of conflict doesn’t typically break out in wealthy, democratic countries and it’s unclear what respondents imagine when they think of a “civil war.”
>
> The survey, conducted among 1,500 US adults, also found that two-thirds of Americans—66%—believe political divisions have gotten worse since the beginning of 2021. In comparison, only 8% said the United States has grown less divided."
>
> https://finance.yahoo.com/news/43-americans-civil-war-least-140849765.html

With the flux of civil war is the mode, it can heat up very fast. It can accelerate very fast to 70 to 90 percent even in a year if the polarization between two groups of American people can manifest deep inside the two parties and people working with invisible powers below the political levels,.

Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely in Next 10 Years

<6e807ce0-7093-4e64-b9e2-43bc5ad4767bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10516&group=soc.culture.china#10516

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 06:05:11 -0700 (PDT)
Next 10 Years
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 13:05 UTC

On Wednesday, August 31, 2022 at 5:19:28 AM UTC-4, stoney wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 31, 2022 at 3:39:26 AM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> > "A recent poll by YouGov and The Economist found that 43% believe a civil war was either “very” or “somewhat likely.” People who identified as “strong Republicans” were the most likely to anticipate a conflict. One in three of total respondents said it’s not very or at all likely, and 22% are unsure.
> >
> > “Polarization right now is at the highest level in decades, if not going all the way back to the civil war,” Thomas Gift, director of the University College London’s Center on US Politics said in an interview. But he urged caution interpreting the data; he noted this type of conflict doesn’t typically break out in wealthy, democratic countries and it’s unclear what respondents imagine when they think of a “civil war.”
> >
> > The survey, conducted among 1,500 US adults, also found that two-thirds of Americans—66%—believe political divisions have gotten worse since the beginning of 2021. In comparison, only 8% said the United States has grown less divided."
> >
> > https://finance.yahoo.com/news/43-americans-civil-war-least-140849765.html
> With the flux of civil war is the mode, it can heat up very fast. It can accelerate very fast to 70 to 90 percent even in a year if the polarization between two groups of American people can manifest deep inside the two parties and people working with invisible powers below the political levels,.

You are certainly right.
As present, I still cannot see regarding the shape of this second civil war will take shape and what
is most likely to trigger it. And whether the US could remain united after the war. Nevertheless,
America's second civil war is currently the largest political threat on world peace and the global
economy.

Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely in Next 10 Years

<2f225251-3c55-41dc-bc89-b3dd0a25bcbcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10524&group=soc.culture.china#10524

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 21:38:41 -0700 (PDT)
Next 10 Years
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 04:38 UTC

On Wednesday, August 31, 2022 at 9:05:15 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 31, 2022 at 5:19:28 AM UTC-4, stoney wrote:
> > On Wednesday, August 31, 2022 at 3:39:26 AM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> > > "A recent poll by YouGov and The Economist found that 43% believe a civil war was either “very” or “somewhat likely.” People who identified as “strong Republicans” were the most likely to anticipate a conflict. One in three of total respondents said it’s not very or at all likely, and 22% are unsure.
> > >
> > > “Polarization right now is at the highest level in decades, if not going all the way back to the civil war,” Thomas Gift, director of the University College London’s Center on US Politics said in an interview. But he urged caution interpreting the data; he noted this type of conflict doesn’t typically break out in wealthy, democratic countries and it’s unclear what respondents imagine when they think of a “civil war.”
> > >
> > > The survey, conducted among 1,500 US adults, also found that two-thirds of Americans—66%—believe political divisions have gotten worse since the beginning of 2021. In comparison, only 8% said the United States has grown less divided."
> > >
> > > https://finance.yahoo.com/news/43-americans-civil-war-least-140849765..html
> > With the flux of civil war is the mode, it can heat up very fast. It can accelerate very fast to 70 to 90 percent even in a year if the polarization between two groups of American people can manifest deep inside the two parties and people working with invisible powers below the political levels,..
> You are certainly right.
> As present, I still cannot see regarding the shape of this second civil war will take shape and what
> is most likely to trigger it. And whether the US could remain united after the war. Nevertheless,
> America's second civil war is currently the largest political threat on world peace and the global
> economy.

US will not likely remain united after their own civil war. It's in their God's workings in bringing them to civil war into separation of peoples and states, and ultimately, making them to the use of own nuclear arsenals to destroy themselves in order to bring down the arrogance of US that plagued to the world of countries that they hated and constantly aimed to destroy them at all time.

Putting potential civil war of poll of 43% with 66% poll of political divisions, and adding up much news on sold-out sales of guns and heavy guns in gun shops in one afternoon, it goes to show how people are stockpiling of heavy weapons and ammunitions at home and readying themselves for a civil war at anytime.

Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely in Next 10 Years

<a6e63df3-2bba-40dd-9c25-97bc08b8b58cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10565&group=soc.culture.china#10565

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 05:49:54 -0700 (PDT)
Next 10 Years
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 12:49 UTC

On Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 12:38:43 AM UTC-4, stoney wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 31, 2022 at 9:05:15 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:

> > > With the flux of civil war is the mode, it can heat up very fast. It can accelerate very fast to 70 to 90 percent even in a year if the polarization between two groups of American people can manifest deep inside the two parties and people working with invisible powers below the political levels,.
> > You are certainly right.
> > As present, I still cannot see regarding the shape of this second civil war will take shape and what
> > is most likely to trigger it. And whether the US could remain united after the war. Nevertheless,
> > America's second civil war is currently the largest political threat on world peace and the global
> > economy.

> US will not likely remain united after their own civil war. It's in their God's workings in bringing them to civil war into separation of peoples and states, and ultimately, making them to the use of own nuclear arsenals to destroy themselves in order to bring down the arrogance of US that plagued to the world of countries that they hated and constantly aimed to destroy them at all time.

Don't know anything about God's working. As a matter of definition, God's working is beyond human mind or theory of mind.
The US media, however, can be depended to continue the polarization making the schism bigger and bigger. For profit as well
as as for being on the side of good undoing the evil of the opposite side. Of course, there will be a point media workers would
feel all is not well and they will then try to pull back. The question is where and when.

> Putting potential civil war of poll of 43% with 66% poll of political divisions, and adding up much news on sold-out sales of guns and heavy guns in gun shops in one afternoon, it goes to show how people are stockpiling of heavy weapons and ammunitions at home and readying themselves for a civil war at anytime.

Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely in Next 10 Years

<de3c5951-7ea6-4473-acdd-58eb34193663n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10643&group=soc.culture.china#10643

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 06:21:05 -0700 (PDT)
Next 10 Years
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 13:21 UTC

On Tuesday, August 30, 2022 at 7:39:26 PM UTC, ltlee1 wrote:
> "A recent poll by YouGov and The Economist found that 43% believe a civil war was either “very” or “somewhat likely.” People who identified as “strong Republicans” were the most likely to anticipate a conflict. One in three of total respondents said it’s not very or at all likely, and 22% are unsure.
>
> “Polarization right now is at the highest level in decades, if not going all the way back to the civil war,” Thomas Gift, director of the University College London’s Center on US Politics said in an interview. But he urged caution interpreting the data; he noted this type of conflict doesn’t typically break out in wealthy, democratic countries and it’s unclear what respondents imagine when they think of a “civil war.”
>
> The survey, conducted among 1,500 US adults, also found that two-thirds of Americans—66%—believe political divisions have gotten worse since the beginning of 2021. In comparison, only 8% said the United States has grown less divided."
>
> https://finance.yahoo.com/news/43-americans-civil-war-least-140849765.html

A few days after the "43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely in Next 10 Years"
poll result, Biden delivered a "Continued Battle for the Soul of the Nation" speech.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2022/09/01/remarks-by-president-bidenon-the-continued-battle-for-the-soul-of-the-nation/

Biden denounced MAGA Republicans in the speech. In short MAGA Republicans are portraited as MADGA
Republicans, with D = dictatorship.

"And here, in my view, is what is true: MAGA Republicans do not respect the Constitution. They do not
believe in the rule of law. They do not recognize the will of the people.
They refuse to accept the results of a free election. And they’re working right now, as I speak, in state after
state to give power to decide elections in America to partisans and cronies, empowering election deniers to
undermine democracy itself.
MAGA forces are determined to take this country backwards — backwards to an America where there is no
right to choose, no right to privacy, no right to contraception, no right to marry who you love.
They promote authoritarian leaders, and they fan the flames of political violence that are a threat to our
personal rights, to the pursuit of justice, to the rule of law, to the very soul of this country.
They look at the mob that stormed the United States Capitol on January 6th — brutally attacking law
enforcement — not as insurrectionists who placed a dagger to the throat of our democracy, but they look
at them as patriots.
And they see their MAGA failure to stop a peaceful transfer of power after the 2020 election as preparation
for the 2022 and 2024 elections."

Question: How many MAGA/MADGA Republicans would agree that D = dictatorship?
My bet: They would all say MAGA is also MAGDA with D=Democracy.

Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely in Next 10 Years

<af5d359d-5438-46f9-a805-7101ccac64f6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10645&group=soc.culture.china#10645

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 11:07:23 -0700 (PDT)
Next 10 Years
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 18:07 UTC

On Saturday, September 3, 2022 at 8:49:56 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:

> Don't know anything about God's working. As a matter of definition, God's working is beyond human mind or theory of mind.

Americans pray to their God, and even president seeks his God to allow him to bomb and airstrikes countries abroad. God. For example, it was said George Bush prayed to his God for approval to carry out airstrikes on Iraq and later Afghan, too.

During his God's delivering statement in his office, his office lightings were dimmed and toned down to look very somber and sad to the attack made. The effect of dimmed down lighting in his office and his sombre looks, showed like God had arrived standing behind him bestowing him immense speaking power to go ahead to bomb and kill people in Iraq and Afghans.

As you can see, Biden is now also depended on his God to talk to him or raise his hand to him. It goes to show Americans know about God's workings as he gives in his speech, such as this call made below:

"And may God protect our nation. And may God protect all those who stand watch over our democracy. God bless you all. (Applause.) Democracy. Thank you. (Applause.)"

It goes to show American's God is more powerful than anything else.

Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely in Next 10 Years

<d8a323e3-cede-482c-bacf-0a133653b83fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10651&group=soc.culture.china#10651

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 02:27:45 -0700 (PDT)
Next 10 Years
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 09:27 UTC

On Friday, September 9, 2022 at 1:21:07 PM UTC, ltlee1 wrote:
> [...]
> right to choose, no right to privacy, no right to contraception, no right to marry who you love.
>
> They promote authoritarian leaders, and they fan the flames of political violence that are a threat to our
> personal rights, to the pursuit of justice, to the rule of law, to the very soul of this country.
>
> They look at the mob that stormed the United States Capitol on January 6th — brutally attacking law
> enforcement — not as insurrectionists who placed a dagger to the throat of our democracy, but they look
> at them as patriots.
>
> And they see their MAGA failure to stop a peaceful transfer of power after the 2020 election as preparation
> for the 2022 and 2024 elections."
>
> Question: How many MAGA/MADGA Republicans would agree that D = dictatorship?
> My bet: They would all say MAGA is also MAGDA with D=Democracy.

The remark of the above link is called as "on-the-continued-battle-for-the-soul-of-the-nation".
Biden had a "Battle of the soul of the nation" about 2 years ago during which he compared
quoted Lincoln's Gettysburg speech and compared 2020 America to Lincoln's America.
https://singjupost.com/full-transcript-battle-for-the-soul-of-the-nation-joe-biden-gettysburg-speech/

"Here on this sacred ground, Abraham Lincoln, re-imagined America itself. Here, a president
of the United States spoke of the price of division, and the meaning of sacrifice.
He believed in the rescue, redemption, and rededication of the Union. All this in a time, not just
of ferocious division, but of widespread death, structural inequity, and fear of the future. And
he taught us this, a house divided could not stand. That is a great and timeless truth.

Today, once again, we are a house divided, but that my friends can no longer be. We’re facing
too many crises. We have too much work to do. We have too bright a future to have it shipwrecked
on the shoals of anger and hate, and division.

As we stand here today, a century and a half later after Gettysburg, we should consider again,
what can happen when equal justice is denied, when anger and violence and division are left
unchecked.

As I look across America today, I’m concerned. The country is in a dangerous place. Our trust in
each other is ebbing. Hope seems elusive. Too many Americans see our public life, not as an arena
for mediation of our differences, but rather they see it as an occasion for total, unrelenting, partisan
warfare.

Instead of treating each other’s party as the opposition, we treat them as the enemy. This must
end."

Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely in Next 10 Years

<4e883a70-7f60-42b4-91c0-8738b2c1e299n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10653&group=soc.culture.china#10653

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 09:24:10 -0700 (PDT)
Next 10 Years
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 16:24 UTC

On Saturday, September 10, 2022 at 5:27:46 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> [...]
> too many crises. We have too much work to do. We have too bright a future to have it shipwrecked
> on the shoals of anger and hate, and division.
>
> As we stand here today, a century and a half later after Gettysburg, we should consider again,
> what can happen when equal justice is denied, when anger and violence and division are left
> unchecked.
>
> As I look across America today, I’m concerned. The country is in a dangerous place. Our trust in
> each other is ebbing. Hope seems elusive. Too many Americans see our public life, not as an arena
> for mediation of our differences, but rather they see it as an occasion for total, unrelenting, partisan
> warfare.
>
> Instead of treating each other’s party as the opposition, we treat them as the enemy. This must

From Gettysburg, America is going full circle back to Gettysburg.

Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely in Next 10 Years

<735cbba8-a1f2-4861-9d3b-65b91526e7b0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10671&group=soc.culture.china#10671

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 08:59:28 -0700 (PDT)
Next 10 Years
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sun, 11 Sep 2022 15:59 UTC

On Saturday, September 10, 2022 at 4:24:12 PM UTC, stoney wrote:
> [...]
> > too many crises. We have too much work to do. We have too bright a future to have it shipwrecked
> > on the shoals of anger and hate, and division.
> >
> > As we stand here today, a century and a half later after Gettysburg, we should consider again,
> > what can happen when equal justice is denied, when anger and violence and division are left
> > unchecked.
> >
> > As I look across America today, I’m concerned. The country is in a dangerous place. Our trust in
> > each other is ebbing. Hope seems elusive. Too many Americans see our public life, not as an arena
> > for mediation of our differences, but rather they see it as an occasion for total, unrelenting, partisan
> > warfare.
> >
> > Instead of treating each other’s party as the opposition, we treat them as the enemy. This must

The US is not yet in the midst of a civil war like last time. Yet Biden knew and know the danger.
The US is in a dangerous place, trust among citizens is ebbing. Hope seems elusive. Too many
Americans see their public life as an arena for total, unrelenting, partisan warfare. And Biden
PROMISED to end the practice of treating the other party as the enemy.

Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely in Next 10 Years

<4803786a-0a27-44fa-a6b1-f10b43eaa344n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10672&group=soc.culture.china#10672

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 09:25:28 -0700 (PDT)
Next 10 Years
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Sun, 11 Sep 2022 16:25 UTC

On Sunday, September 11, 2022 at 11:59:30 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:

> The US is not yet in the midst of a civil war like last time. Yet Biden knew and know the danger.
> The US is in a dangerous place, trust among citizens is ebbing. Hope seems elusive. Too many
> Americans see their public life as an arena for total, unrelenting, partisan warfare. And Biden
> PROMISED to end the practice of treating the other party as the enemy.

Yes, not yet, but in the next 3 to 4 years, the tense election will go up another tense again. It good reference is monitor the direct feedback from gun shops as to how many guns were sold per day, per week or per month. The rising number would mean more guns were sold to keep up the needs to prepare for civil war in US. The promised by Biden to end practice of treating the other country as the enemy is not going to change the reality on the ground at all.

Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely in Next 10 Years

<13821dbe-483f-4834-9e7c-db0562c9cf7an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10674&group=soc.culture.china#10674

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 09:30:22 -0700 (PDT)
Next 10 Years
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Sun, 11 Sep 2022 16:30 UTC

On Sunday, September 11, 2022 at 11:59:30 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> On Saturday, September 10, 2022 at 4:24:12 PM UTC, stoney wrote:

> > > The remark of the above link is called as "on-the-continued-battle-for-the-soul-of-the-nation".
> > > Biden had a "Battle of the soul of the nation" about 2 years ago during which he compared
> > > quoted Lincoln's Gettysburg speech and compared 2020 America to Lincoln's America.
> > > https://singjupost.com/full-transcript-battle-for-the-soul-of-the-nation-joe-biden-gettysburg-speech/
> > >
> > > "Here on this sacred ground, Abraham Lincoln, re-imagined America itself. Here, a president
> > > of the United States spoke of the price of division, and the meaning of sacrifice.
> > > He believed in the rescue, redemption, and rededication of the Union. All this in a time, not just
> > > of ferocious division, but of widespread death, structural inequity, and fear of the future. And
> > > he taught us this, a house divided could not stand. That is a great and timeless truth.
> > >
> > > Today, once again, we are a house divided, but that my friends can no longer be. We’re facing
> > > too many crises. We have too much work to do. We have too bright a future to have it shipwrecked
> > > on the shoals of anger and hate, and division.
> > >
> > > As we stand here today, a century and a half later after Gettysburg, we should consider again,
> > > what can happen when equal justice is denied, when anger and violence and division are left
> > > unchecked.
> > >
> > > As I look across America today, I’m concerned. The country is in a dangerous place. Our trust in
> > > each other is ebbing. Hope seems elusive. Too many Americans see our public life, not as an arena
> > > for mediation of our differences, but rather they see it as an occasion for total, unrelenting, partisan
> > > warfare.
> > >
> > > Instead of treating each other’s party as the opposition, we treat them as the enemy. This must
> > > end."
> > From Gettysburg, America is going full circle back to Gettysburg.
> The US is not yet in the midst of a civil war like last time. Yet Biden knew and know the danger.
> The US is in a dangerous place, trust among citizens is ebbing. Hope seems elusive. Too many
> Americans see their public life as an arena for total, unrelenting, partisan warfare. And Biden
> PROMISED to end the practice of treating the other party as the enemy.

Americans are prepared for civil war already. As Chinese proverb says, if you want peace, you have to prepare for war.

Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely in Next 10 Years

<db3a1c55-5fe4-4ff6-a5f8-65d17230ca6cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10689&group=soc.culture.china#10689

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 14:50:05 -0700 (PDT)
Next 10 Years
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 21:50 UTC

On Sunday, September 11, 2022 at 4:30:23 PM UTC, stoney wrote:
> On Sunday, September 11, 2022 at 11:59:30 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:

> > > From Gettysburg, America is going full circle back to Gettysburg.
> > The US is not yet in the midst of a civil war like last time. Yet Biden knew and know the danger.
> > The US is in a dangerous place, trust among citizens is ebbing. Hope seems elusive. Too many
> > Americans see their public life as an arena for total, unrelenting, partisan warfare. And Biden
> > PROMISED to end the practice of treating the other party as the enemy.
> Americans are prepared for civil war already. As Chinese proverb says, if you want peace, you have to prepare for war.

"The original Latin of the expression "if you want peace, prepare for war" comes from the book
"Epitoma Rei Militaris," by the Roman general Vegetius (whose full name was Publius Flavius
Vegetius Renatus). The Latin is, "Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." "
https://www.thoughtco.com/if-you-want-peace-prepare-for-war-121446

Concerning Biden's speech, he said "Instead of treating each other’s party as the opposition, we treat
them as the enemy. This must end" about 2 years ago. A good start.

Will MAGA or MADGA (D= Democracy) Republicans see his recent speech as an offer to end polarization?

Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely in Next 10 Years

<anfi+siwoyg1syf-m9c1@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10690&group=soc.culture.china#10690

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely in Next 10 Years
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 00:11:18 +0200
sha1:uBGT00Jysoi7+AuSM3++VJc1CEw=
 by: A. Filip - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 22:11 UTC

ltlee1 <ltlee1@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "A recent poll by YouGov and The Economist found that 43% believe a
> civil war was either “very” or “somewhat likely.” People who
> identified as “strong Republicans” were the most likely to anticipate
> a conflict. One in three of total respondents said it’s not very or at
> all likely, and 22% are unsure.
>
> “Polarization right now is at the highest level in decades, if not
> going all the way back to the civil war,” Thomas Gift, director of the
> University College London’s Center on US Politics said in an
> interview. But he urged caution interpreting the data; he noted this
> type of conflict doesn’t typically break out in wealthy, democratic
> countries and it’s unclear what respondents imagine when they think of
> a “civil war.”
>
> The survey, conducted among 1,500 US adults, also found that
> two-thirds of Americans—66%—believe political divisions have gotten
> worse since the beginning of 2021. In comparison, only 8% said the
> United States has grown less divided."
>
> https://finance.yahoo.com/news/43-americans-civil-war-least-140849765.html

Could you present similar poll for PRC?

--
A. Filip : Big (Tech) Brother is watching you.
| He has not acquired a fortune; the fortune has acquired him.
| (Bion)

Re: 43% of Americans Say a Civil War Is At Least Somewhat Likely in Next 10 Years

<5ca97f9f-ff0d-49f0-b11b-63dffb84d126n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10696&group=soc.culture.china#10696

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 02:06:35 -0700 (PDT)
Next 10 Years
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 09:06 UTC

On Monday, September 12, 2022 at 10:11:22 PM UTC, A. Filip wrote:
> ltlee1 wrote:
> > "A recent poll by YouGov and The Economist found that 43% believe a
> > civil war was either “very” or “somewhat likely..” People who
> > identified as “strong Republicans” were the most likely to anticipate
> > a conflict. One in three of total respondents said it’s not very or at
> > all likely, and 22% are unsure.
> >
> > “Polarization right now is at the highest level in decades, if not
> > going all the way back to the civil war,” Thomas Gift, director of the
> > University College London’s Center on US Politics said in an
> > interview. But he urged caution interpreting the data; he noted this
> > type of conflict doesn’t typically break out in wealthy, democratic
> > countries and it’s unclear what respondents imagine when they think of
> > a “civil war.”
> >
> > The survey, conducted among 1,500 US adults, also found that
> > two-thirds of Americans—66%—believe political divisions have gotten
> > worse since the beginning of 2021. In comparison, only 8% said the
> > United States has grown less divided."
> >
> > https://finance.yahoo.com/news/43-americans-civil-war-least-140849765.html
> Could you present similar poll for PRC?
>
> --
> A. Filip : Big (Tech) Brother is watching you.
> | He has not acquired a fortune; the fortune has acquired him.
> | (Bion)

Various polls were done by various agencies.
I have started a new thread for readers who are interested in China's polls..