Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 16:56:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: "The Wire" actor Michael K. Williams, 54
From: lenona...@yahoo.com (Lenona)
 by: Lenona - Mon, 6 Sep 2021 23:56 UTC

There must be a dozen obits so far, including one at Rolling Stone.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/06/arts/michael-k-williams-dead.html

First paragraphs:

By Annie Correal and Matthew Haag
Sept. 6, 2021
Updated 7:06 p.m. ET
Michael K. Williams, the actor best known for his role as Omar Little, a stickup man with a sharp wit and a sawed-off shotgun in the HBO series “The Wire,” was found dead on Monday in his home in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn, the police said. He was 54.

Mr. Williams was found at about 2 p.m., according to the New York City Police Department. The death is being investigated, and the city’s medical examiner will determine the cause.

His longtime representative, Marianna Shafran, confirmed the death in a statement and said the family was grappling with “deep sorrow” at “this insurmountable loss.”
Mr. Williams grew up in the East Flatbush neighborhood of Brooklyn, where he said he had never envisioned a life outside the borough. But before he was 30, he had parlayed his love for dance into dancing roles with the singers George Michael and Madonna, and then landed his first acting opportunity with another artist, Tupac Shakur.
Within a few years, he appeared in more roles, including as a drug dealer in the movie “Bringing Out the Dead,” which was directed by Martin Scorsese. Then in 2002 came “The Wire,” David Simon’s five-season epic on HBO that explored the gritty underworld of corruption, drugs and the police in Baltimore.....

Re: "The Wire" actor Michael K. Williams, 54

<sh6cj4$n2u$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10699&group=alt.obituaries#10699

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Re: "The Wire" actor Michael K. Williams, 54
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 00:43:16 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Tue, 7 Sep 2021 00:43 UTC

In <d3584993-83ec-4f21-9e29-8af542c128b4n@googlegroups.com> Lenona <lenona321@yahoo.com> writes:

>There must be a dozen obits so far, including one at Rolling Stone.

>https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/06/arts/michael-k-williams-dead.html

>First paragraphs:

>By Annie Correal and Matthew Haag
>Sept. 6, 2021
>Updated 7:06 p.m. ET
>Michael K. Williams, the actor best known for his role as Omar Little, a st=
>ickup man with a sharp wit and a sawed-off shotgun in the HBO series =E2=80=
>=9CThe Wire,=E2=80=9D was found dead on Monday in his home in the Williamsb=
>urg section of Brooklyn, the police said. He was 54.

Forget all that nonsense. Is the apartment rent regulated?

dannyb@panix.com