Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 14:27:45 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: <Archive Obituaries> Grace Kelly (September 14th 1982)
From: Beaver_F...@live.com (Topic Cop)
 by: Topic Cop - Sun, 12 Sep 2021 21:27 UTC

On Wednesday, September 14, 2005 at 2:59:53 PM UTC-7, Bill Schenley wrote:
> [...]
> Every person who has known Princess Grace emphasizes the
> all-importance of her family. But the family she created was a special
> one, structured around values and rules that her children apparently
> found anachronistic. And yet Grace was her own woman: she made a
> passionate defense of breast-feeding, and in an interview with Playboy
> she showed a startling liberality toward birth control, calling it an
> issue that people should "decide for themselves." She kept in close
> contact with her Philadelphia family, returning there frequently, not
> only for splashy social occasions but also to do such things as shop
> with an old school friend at Woolworth's for ant traps, hard to find
> in Monaco.
> Princess Grace chafed when the media asked intrusive questions,
> especially about her children. But the paradox of celebrity is that it
> insists we make judgments. Grace Kelly was once an artist who gave us
> pleasure and the further pleasure of thinking about it. In her
> penultimate film, "The Swan," she plays a young girl engaged to a
> crown prince. The producers of the film, which was a flop, complained
> that nobody came to see it because they saw the newsreels of Grace's
> real wedding with a real prince. All through her life we seem to feel
> this blurring of reality and nonreality.
> 'Harmony':
> Who was the real Grace? In "My Book of Flowers," Princess
> Grace describes the first attempts at flower arranging by herselfand a
> group offriends: "At first we were all nervous and felt incompetent --
> which of course we were -- but this was only in the beginning, for it
> became the first step toward the awakening of many hidden talents.
> Through working with flowers we began to discover things about
> ourselves that had been dormant. We found agility not only with our
> fingers but with ourinner eyes in searching for line, scale and
> harmony. In bringing out these talents within ourselves, we gained a
> dimension that enabled us not only to search for harmony in an
> arrangement, but also to discover the importance of carrying it into
> our lives and our homes. To create harmony in the home is the woman's
> right and duty. The home must be the oasis for the family -- husband,
> children and others close to us. It should be a place where they can
> find a sense of well-being and strength, replenishment and renewal."
> In this touching passage Grace Kelly and Princess Grace come together.
> We catch a glimpse of what she has been trying to do for 26 years --
> bring art and life together, the wedding of the beautiful and the
> good. There is something Victorian about it, but there is something
> timeless too. We see the connection between the little girl talking to
> her dolls, the beautiful young actress showing Cary Grant that
> gentility can blaze into ecstasy and the matron trying to orchestrate
> a family in the clangor of celebrity. Peace to her spirit.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: <Archive Obituaries> Grace Kelly (September 14th 1982)

<120920211801347234%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10762&group=alt.obituaries#10762

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 18:01:34 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sun, 12 Sep 2021 22:01 UTC

In article <2e20e13f-8380-41f8-9e60-5047c9430245n@googlegroups.com>,
Topic Cop <Beaver_Fever@live.com> wrote:

> I thought she was decapitated or was that someone else?

You're probably thinking of Jayne Mansfield.