To laugh at men of sense is the privilege of fools.

interests / soc.culture.china / DPR, LPR, Kherson & Zaporozhye to Hold Referendum on Joining Russia on September 23-27

SubjectAuthor
* DPR, LPR, Kherson & Zaporozhye to Hold Referendum on Joining Russialtlee1
+- Re: DPR, LPR, Kherson & Zaporozhye to Hold Referendum on Joiningstoney
`* Re: DPR, LPR, Kherson & Zaporozhye to Hold Referendum on Joiningltlee1
 `- Re: DPR, LPR, Kherson & Zaporozhye to Hold Referendum on Joiningstoney

1
DPR, LPR, Kherson & Zaporozhye to Hold Referendum on Joining Russia on September 23-27

<c342926d-e8a5-4def-883a-04e866a14869n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10773&group=soc.culture.china#10773

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 07:29:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: DPR, LPR, Kherson & Zaporozhye to Hold Referendum on Joining Russia
on September 23-27
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Tue, 20 Sep 2022 14:29 UTC

According to the following polls, joining the Russia (annexation from Ukraine's point of view) is almost a certainty. What will the US do?

https://sputniknews.com/20220920/live-updates-turkish-deputy-fm-says-ankara-is-working-with-russia-on-extending-grain-deal-1100992221.html

"According to a survey conducted by the Crimean Republican Institute of Political and Sociological Studies (RIPSI), 94% of DPR residents, 93% in the LPR, 87% in Zaporozhye region in 80% in Kherson support the idea of joining the Russian Federation.

The head of the Zaporozhye regional administration, Yevgeny Balitsky, has said that there will be a referendum on joining Russia on September 23-27, and that an absolute majority of people wants to take part in the vote.

According to the latest INSOMAR poll, the majority of people in the LPR, DPR, Kherson and Zaporozhye regions would like to join Russia after the special military operation is over.

83 percent of people in the LPR, 80 percent in the DPR, 72 percent in Zaporozhye and 65 percent in Kherson intend to vote in a referendum to join Russia, as the poll held on September 19 reveals."

Re: DPR, LPR, Kherson & Zaporozhye to Hold Referendum on Joining Russia on September 23-27

<a772f8eb-3499-480c-bb64-76ee39a8b3a5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10775&group=soc.culture.china#10775

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 09:09:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: DPR, LPR, Kherson & Zaporozhye to Hold Referendum on Joining
Russia on September 23-27
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Tue, 20 Sep 2022 16:09 UTC

On Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 10:29:29 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> According to the following polls, joining the Russia (annexation from Ukraine's point of view) is almost a certainty. What will the US do?
>
> https://sputniknews.com/20220920/live-updates-turkish-deputy-fm-says-ankara-is-working-with-russia-on-extending-grain-deal-1100992221.html
>
> "According to a survey conducted by the Crimean Republican Institute of Political and Sociological Studies (RIPSI), 94% of DPR residents, 93% in the LPR, 87% in Zaporozhye region in 80% in Kherson support the idea of joining the Russian Federation.
>
> The head of the Zaporozhye regional administration, Yevgeny Balitsky, has said that there will be a referendum on joining Russia on September 23-27, and that an absolute majority of people wants to take part in the vote.
>
> According to the latest INSOMAR poll, the majority of people in the LPR, DPR, Kherson and Zaporozhye regions would like to join Russia after the special military operation is over.
>
> 83 percent of people in the LPR, 80 percent in the DPR, 72 percent in Zaporozhye and 65 percent in Kherson intend to vote in a referendum to join Russia, as the poll held on September 19 reveals."

Make no mistake, this will draw US to send more weapons to attack Russia. It will lure US to send troops to fight Russia too. Russia will fight real and will nuke them and will finish them.

Re: DPR, LPR, Kherson & Zaporozhye to Hold Referendum on Joining Russia on September 23-27

<a6b254ec-3cd3-4e39-8ea4-aef627af70d5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10779&group=soc.culture.china#10779

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 14:20:52 -0700 (PDT)
Russia on September 23-27
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Tue, 20 Sep 2022 21:20 UTC

On Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 2:29:29 PM UTC, ltlee1 wrote:
> According to the following polls, joining the Russia (annexation from Ukraine's point of view) is almost a certainty. What will the US do?
>
> https://sputniknews.com/20220920/live-updates-turkish-deputy-fm-says-ankara-is-working-with-russia-on-extending-grain-deal-1100992221.html
>
> "According to a survey conducted by the Crimean Republican Institute of Political and Sociological Studies (RIPSI), 94% of DPR residents, 93% in the LPR, 87% in Zaporozhye region in 80% in Kherson support the idea of joining the Russian Federation.
>
> The head of the Zaporozhye regional administration, Yevgeny Balitsky, has said that there will be a referendum on joining Russia on September 23-27, and that an absolute majority of people wants to take part in the vote.
>
> According to the latest INSOMAR poll, the majority of people in the LPR, DPR, Kherson and Zaporozhye regions would like to join Russia after the special military operation is over.
>
> 83 percent of people in the LPR, 80 percent in the DPR, 72 percent in Zaporozhye and 65 percent in Kherson intend to vote in a referendum to join Russia, as the poll held on September 19 reveals."

Strait Times explain a distinctly US view concerning the implication of the annexation.

"Who wants a referendum?

The self-styled Donetsk (DPR) and the Luhansk People's Republics (LPR), which President Vladimir Putin recognised as independent states just before the invasion of Ukraine on Feb 24, have said they want referendums on joining Russia on Sept 23-27 - that is this Friday to Tuesday.

The Kherson and Zaporizhzhia regions, which have yet to be recognised as independent states by Russia, have also said they will hold votes of their own.

Russia does not fully control any of the four regions, with only around 60 per cent of Donetsk region in Russian hands.
How much territory could Ukraine lose?

The territory that Russia does control amounts to more than 90,000 sq km, or about 15 per cent of Ukraine's total area - equal to the size of Hungary or Portugal.

Russia annexed Crimea in 2014. With Crimea and the territory in the four other regions, Russia would gain an area about the same size as the US state of Pennsylvania.
What's the significance?

If Russia goes ahead with the referendums and joins all four regions to Russia, then Ukraine - and potentially its Western backers too - would, from a Russian perspective, be fighting against Russia itself.

That would raise the risk of a direct military confrontation between Russia and the Nato military alliance, a scenario that President Joe Biden has said could lead to World War III, because Nato-members are supplying arms and giving intelligence to Ukraine.

As such, a rushed Russian move to formally annex another big chunk of Ukrainian territory would be a major escalation just days after potentially the most significant Russian battlefield defeat of the war in north-eastern Ukraine."

The article accuses Russia of a major escalation?
Is it? It hinged on the the NATO's view concerning the recognized independent republic and regions.

Re: DPR, LPR, Kherson & Zaporozhye to Hold Referendum on Joining Russia on September 23-27

<c41b3880-c242-4f69-93fe-ef538f0115e9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10784&group=soc.culture.china#10784

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 02:21:43 -0700 (PDT)
Russia on September 23-27
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Wed, 21 Sep 2022 09:21 UTC

On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 5:20:53 AM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> [...]
>
> If Russia goes ahead with the referendums and joins all four regions to Russia, then Ukraine - and potentially its Western backers too - would, from a Russian perspective, be fighting against Russia itself.
>
> That would raise the risk of a direct military confrontation between Russia and the Nato military alliance, a scenario that President Joe Biden has said could lead to World War III, because Nato-members are supplying arms and giving intelligence to Ukraine.
>
> As such, a rushed Russian move to formally annex another big chunk of Ukrainian territory would be a major escalation just days after potentially the most significant Russian battlefield defeat of the war in north-eastern Ukraine."
>
> The article accuses Russia of a major escalation?
> Is it? It hinged on the the NATO's view concerning the recognized independent republic and regions.

For sure, US will come out and say they will not recognize them. They will get all their gangs of allies to oppose it. USis expect to ask EU to rattle against it.