Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Subject: Palliative Care
Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 15:54:15 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Fri, 7 May 2021 19:54 UTC

Buffy is still here. Despite the weepy eye the vet said she looks much
better! Just as I thought, Buffy has gained back a little of the weight
she'd lost. The cortisone shot last week greatly reduced the
inflammation in her jaw. She said she honestly doesn't think it's
"time" yet. <whew!>

She repeated the shots from last week. She asked if I thought I could
give her small pills. Last time I tried that she threw it up. So she
called in a prescription for steroids to a compounding pharmacy for me
to pick up on Monday (the shot today will carry her through until then).
Just a drop to be mixed in with her food to keep the inflammation down
and keep her comfortable.

Oh, and the sneezing? It's because of the inflammation on the upper jaw
being so close to the sinuses.

At any rate, Buffy is home. She's on my lap trying to stop me from typing.

Thank you everyone for all the purrs. They're working! :)

Jill

Re: Palliative Care

<592952eab8judith@sick-of-spam.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=104&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#104

From: jud...@sick-of-spam.invalid (Judith Latham)
Subject: Re: Palliative Care
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Date: Sat, 08 May 2021 10:11:32 +0100
 by: Judith Latham - Sat, 8 May 2021 09:11 UTC

In article <IVglI.71558$iT.24599@fx19.iad>, jmcquown
<j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
> Buffy is still here. Despite the weepy eye the vet said she looks much
> better! Just as I thought, Buffy has gained back a little of the weight
> she'd lost. The cortisone shot last week greatly reduced the
> inflammation in her jaw. She said she honestly doesn't think it's
> "time" yet. <whew!>

> She repeated the shots from last week. She asked if I thought I could
> give her small pills. Last time I tried that she threw it up. So she
> called in a prescription for steroids to a compounding pharmacy for me
> to pick up on Monday (the shot today will carry her through until then).
> Just a drop to be mixed in with her food to keep the inflammation down
> and keep her comfortable.

> Oh, and the sneezing? It's because of the inflammation on the upper jaw
> being so close to the sinuses.

> At any rate, Buffy is home. She's on my lap trying to stop me from
> typing.

> Thank you everyone for all the purrs. They're working! :)

> Jill

I'm so pleased. I'll post this on FB. In the meantime you'd better stop
typing and give her all the cuddles she requires. :)

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Re: Palliative Care

<592a96a763judith@sick-of-spam.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=107&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#107

From: jud...@sick-of-spam.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 21:07:36 +0100
 by: Judith Latham - Mon, 10 May 2021 20:07 UTC

In article <592952eab8judith@sick-of-spam.invalid>, Judith Latham
<judith@sick-of-spam.invalid> wrote:
> In article <IVglI.71558$iT.24599@fx19.iad>, jmcquown
> <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
> > Buffy is still here. Despite the weepy eye the vet said she looks
> > much better! Just as I thought, Buffy has gained back a little of the
> > weight she'd lost. The cortisone shot last week greatly reduced the
> > inflammation in her jaw. She said she honestly doesn't think it's
> > "time" yet. <whew!>

> > She repeated the shots from last week. She asked if I thought I could
> > give her small pills. Last time I tried that she threw it up. So she
> > called in a prescription for steroids to a compounding pharmacy for me
> > to pick up on Monday (the shot today will carry her through until
> > then). Just a drop to be mixed in with her food to keep the
> > inflammation down and keep her comfortable.

> > Oh, and the sneezing? It's because of the inflammation on the upper
> > jaw being so close to the sinuses.

> > At any rate, Buffy is home. She's on my lap trying to stop me from
> > typing.

> > Thank you everyone for all the purrs. They're working! :)

> > Jill

> I'm so pleased. I'll post this on FB. In the meantime you'd better stop
> typing and give her all the cuddles she requires. :)

> Judith

Hi Jill,

How is Buffy doing? How are you?

I copied your post to FB, here are the responses:-

Messages:-
patrick Califia - "My Best wishes for Buffy"
Mary Stormy Pletsch - "Continued Purrs"
Steve Touchstone - "Still Purring"
Kyla Waterman - Purring cat image
Julie Cook - "purrs"
Cheryl Daniels - "My crew is still purring as well"

Care emogi - Kristi Chong, Beverley Dunlop, Matthew Savage, Kyla Waterman,
Shirley Holland, Steve Touchstone, lena Westberg, Lucy Burr, Diane Welker,
Kim Peterson, Nancy Staight-Frantz.

Like emogi - June Kleinfelder, Kerrie Davis, Daniel Orzel, Brenda Watkins,
Suzanne Thompson, Gen Kiuchi, Denise Owen, Diane Mendenhall, Jeanette
Greaves.

Love emogi - patti Gilson Stott.

Hugs

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Re: Palliative Care

<cmimI.78827$iT.26300@fx19.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=108&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#108

Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 18:21:55 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Mon, 10 May 2021 22:21 UTC

On 5/10/2021 4:07 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
> In article <592952eab8judith@sick-of-spam.invalid>, Judith Latham
> <judith@sick-of-spam.invalid> wrote:
>> In article <IVglI.71558$iT.24599@fx19.iad>, jmcquown
>> <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
>>> Buffy is still here. Despite the weepy eye the vet said she looks
>>> much better! Just as I thought, Buffy has gained back a little of the
>>> weight she'd lost. The cortisone shot last week greatly reduced the
>>> inflammation in her jaw. She said she honestly doesn't think it's
>>> "time" yet. <whew!>
>
>>> She repeated the shots from last week. She asked if I thought I could
>>> give her small pills. Last time I tried that she threw it up. So she
>>> called in a prescription for steroids to a compounding pharmacy for me
>>> to pick up on Monday (the shot today will carry her through until
>>> then). Just a drop to be mixed in with her food to keep the
>>> inflammation down and keep her comfortable.
>
>>> Oh, and the sneezing? It's because of the inflammation on the upper
>>> jaw being so close to the sinuses.
>
>>> At any rate, Buffy is home. She's on my lap trying to stop me from
>>> typing.
>
>>> Thank you everyone for all the purrs. They're working! :)
>
>>> Jill
>

>> I'm so pleased. I'll post this on FB. In the meantime you'd better stop
>> typing and give her all the cuddles she requires. :)
>
>> Judith
>
> Hi Jill,
>
> How is Buffy doing? How are you?
>
> I copied your post to FB, here are the responses:-
>
> Messages:-
> patrick Califia - "My Best wishes for Buffy"
> Mary Stormy Pletsch - "Continued Purrs"
> Steve Touchstone - "Still Purring"
> Kyla Waterman - Purring cat image
> Julie Cook - "purrs"
> Cheryl Daniels - "My crew is still purring as well"
>
> Care emogi - Kristi Chong, Beverley Dunlop, Matthew Savage, Kyla Waterman,
> Shirley Holland, Steve Touchstone, lena Westberg, Lucy Burr, Diane Welker,
> Kim Peterson, Nancy Staight-Frantz.
>
> Like emogi - June Kleinfelder, Kerrie Davis, Daniel Orzel, Brenda Watkins,
> Suzanne Thompson, Gen Kiuchi, Denise Owen, Diane Mendenhall, Jeanette
> Greaves.
>
> Love emogi - patti Gilson Stott.
>
> Hugs
>
> Judith

Thank you, Judith. (Please extend my thanks again to everyone; I simply
don't like - or much trust - FB.)

Buffy seems to be feeling better. I stopped after work at a compounding
pharmacy to pick up the prednisone liquid the vet prescribed (chicken
flavour). She ate her breakfast of gooshy food while I was at work and
had a little snack of the dry food. I dished up some more wet food -
thank goodness she likes the prescription stuff so the bladder stone
isn't an issue anymore). I put a drop of the liquid medication on it.
She's too busy napping to eat right now but I feel sure she will. ;)
She used her litterbox while I was gone and the output appears to be
getting back to normal.

She doesn't seem to be uncomfortable or in pain which is most important.

Jill