Harp not on that string. -- William Shakespeare, "Henry VI"

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerous crossroads as Putin never bluffs

SubjectAuthor
* [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerousltlee1
+- Re: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerousstoney
+- Re: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerousstoney
+* Re: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerousstoney
|`* Re: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerousltlee1
| `- Re: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerousltlee1
+* Re: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerouspzo
|`- Re: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerousltlee1
`* Re: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerous crossroads as PuA. Filip
 +- Re: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerousltlee1
 `* Re: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerous crossroads as PuByker
  `- Re: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerous crossroads as PuA. Filip

1
[Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerous crossroads as Putin never bluffs

<9d14c553-2eeb-48b7-bbfc-435d236339a0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10786&group=soc.culture.china#10786

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 08:00:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerous
crossroads as Putin never bluffs
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Wed, 21 Sep 2022 15:00 UTC

https://english.pravda.ru/world/154069-nato_russia_putin/
"Russian President Vladimir Putin said on September 21 that:

the goals of the special operation remain the same, that is, the demilitarization and denazification of all of Ukraine. For the first time since 2014, Putin referred to the Donbass as Novorossiya (New Russia — ed.). This is his goal after the liberation of Donbass;
the Russian Federation is waging war in Ukraine against NATO. Therefore the special operation has moved to another stage, and Putin signed a decree on partial mobilization;
Russia will not abandon its compatriots in trouble — the Russian people in Ukraine. Therefore, the Donetsk People's Republic, the Luhansk People's Republic, the Kherson region and the Zaporozhye (Zaporizhzhia) regions will be incorporated into the Russian Federation at their request, and as a result of referendums;
Russia will respond with nuclear weapons if anyone poses a threat to its territorial integrity. "The wind rose may turn to your (western — ed.) side," he said.
Putin never bluffs. This clause does not preclude the use of nuclear weapons in the war against the NATO-Ukraine alliance.

The West is not ready to fight with Russia

The reaction from the West was no surprise. German Vice-Chancellor Robert Habeck called this decision "a wrong step." Breaking up Yugoslavia is normal, Serbia is normal, Iraq, Libya is normal, but Ukraine — impossible.. This is "different."

"Russia has challenged NATO to countries to an open war. Partial mobilization means a sharp preponderance of Russian forces against Ukraine. Three hundred thousand contract soldiers and their heavy weapons can break through the defenses of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and reach the western regions of Ukraine in six months. Now NATO is at crossroads:

The hybrid war by proxy in Ukraine becomes pointless. NATO will thus have to decide whether to send regular troops of the alliance to Ukraine or not," political scientist Marat Bashirov believes.

Let's see if NATO countries are ready to fight Russia on their territory. They have no resources, no morale, no ideology, except for "we won't let Putin win.""

Re: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerous crossroads as Putin never bluffs

<28b2fb4d-0d56-4d94-97ac-b4fb8e6c94fdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10793&group=soc.culture.china#10793

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 12:39:24 -0700 (PDT)
crossroads as Putin never bluffs
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Wed, 21 Sep 2022 19:39 UTC

On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 11:00:04 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:

> The West is not ready to fight with Russia
>
> The reaction from the West was no surprise. German Vice-Chancellor Robert Habeck called this decision "a wrong step." Breaking up Yugoslavia is normal, Serbia is normal, Iraq, Libya is normal, but Ukraine — impossible. This is "different."
>
> "Russia has challenged NATO to countries to an open war. Partial mobilization means a sharp preponderance of Russian forces against Ukraine. Three hundred thousand contract soldiers and their heavy weapons can break through the defenses of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and reach the western regions of Ukraine in six months. Now NATO is at crossroads:
>
> The hybrid war by proxy in Ukraine becomes pointless. NATO will thus have to decide whether to send regular troops of the alliance to Ukraine or not," political scientist Marat Bashirov believes.
>
> Let's see if NATO countries are ready to fight Russia on their territory. They have no resources, no morale, no ideology, except for "we won't let Putin win.""

Yes, the speech Putin made on Sept 21 to its people is not a bluff that Russia would use all weapons including nuclear weapons at their disposal, too. It is a prelude to a decision to be made by him.

So two hours ago, Russia announced an immediate partial mobilization of its reservists. The number seems open-ended as it makes no mention of how many reservist troops will be called up in the partial mobilization. Conscription of recruits was not mentioned.

Seriously, Russia must get ready to confront new escalations, now surging by Ukrainian counteroffensive on multiple fronts of its war against Ukraine. The military operation must and should sustain to keep Ukraine out. It is also to bock down US and Ukraine and to divide them, too.

Re: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerous crossroads as Putin never bluffs

<848534e9-9e28-4428-b83f-7e24b1d446e8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10795&group=soc.culture.china#10795

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 23:22:04 -0700 (PDT)
crossroads as Putin never bluffs
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Thu, 22 Sep 2022 06:22 UTC

On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 11:00:04 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:

> The West is not ready to fight with Russia
>
> The reaction from the West was no surprise. German Vice-Chancellor Robert Habeck called this decision "a wrong step." Breaking up Yugoslavia is normal, Serbia is normal, Iraq, Libya is normal, but Ukraine — impossible. This is "different."
>
> "Russia has challenged NATO to countries to an open war. Partial mobilization means a sharp preponderance of Russian forces against Ukraine. Three hundred thousand contract soldiers and their heavy weapons can break through the defenses of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and reach the western regions of Ukraine in six months. Now NATO is at crossroads:
>
> The hybrid war by proxy in Ukraine becomes pointless. NATO will thus have to decide whether to send regular troops of the alliance to Ukraine or not," political scientist Marat Bashirov believes.
>
> Let's see if NATO countries are ready to fight Russia on their territory. They have no resources, no morale, no ideology, except for "we won't let Putin win.""

The West is not ready to fight Russia is because they rather save their men from annihilation by Russia in order to fight China instead.

Re: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerous crossroads as Putin never bluffs

<e3fd4d8e-8468-410a-8dd8-42c85cb5fbefn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10796&group=soc.culture.china#10796

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 23:28:37 -0700 (PDT)
crossroads as Putin never bluffs
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Thu, 22 Sep 2022 06:28 UTC

On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 11:00:04 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:

> The reaction from the West was no surprise. German Vice-Chancellor Robert Habeck called this decision "a wrong step." Breaking up Yugoslavia is normal, Serbia is normal, Iraq, Libya is normal, but Ukraine — impossible. This is "different."

The West has different okays for these broken up countries for their own objectives. But no okay for Ukraine. This goes to show how US and its allies are working for their own objectives and not allowed by others.

Re: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerous crossroads as Putin never bluffs

<ea1191ae-14cb-4b37-83d4-17cdf4a852ddn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10798&group=soc.culture.china#10798

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 00:08:15 -0700 (PDT)
crossroads as Putin never bluffs
From: pzo10...@gmail.com (pzo)
 by: pzo - Thu, 22 Sep 2022 07:08 UTC

On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 11:00:04 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:

> The hybrid war by proxy in Ukraine becomes pointless. NATO will thus have to decide whether to send regular troops of the alliance to Ukraine or not," political scientist Marat Bashirov believes.
>
> Let's see if NATO countries are ready to fight Russia on their territory. They have no resources, no morale, no ideology, except for "we won't let Putin win.""

The US proxy war on Russia will soon be decisive for Biden to decide if US will get its NATO forces to join Ukraine to fight Russia or not.

Re: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerous crossroads as Putin never bluffs

<3d3f3658-eb02-4041-9eb3-685edba90bf1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10805&group=soc.culture.china#10805

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 09:27:40 -0700 (PDT)
crossroads as Putin never bluffs
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Thu, 22 Sep 2022 16:27 UTC

On Thursday, September 22, 2022 at 7:08:17 AM UTC, pzo wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 11:00:04 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> > The hybrid war by proxy in Ukraine becomes pointless. NATO will thus have to decide whether to send regular troops of the alliance to Ukraine or not," political scientist Marat Bashirov believes.
> >
> > Let's see if NATO countries are ready to fight Russia on their territory. They have no resources, no morale, no ideology, except for "we won't let Putin win.""
> The US proxy war on Russia will soon be decisive for Biden to decide if US will get its NATO forces to join Ukraine to fight Russia or not.

It is relatively simple for Biden. Other EU/NATO nations different cost/benefit calculations.

https://www.slobodenpecat.mk/en/cipras-smeta-deka-eu-ima-nedostig-na-liderstvo-vizija-i-strategija/

"Economically and geopolitically, Europe is the big loser from the war in Ukraine, the European Union lacks
leadership, vision, strategy, SYRIZA president Alexis Tsipras said during today's press conference on the
sidelines of the Thessaloniki International Fair.
"We believe that there is a great lack of strategy on the part of the European Union. We believe that from
this great crisis in Ukraine, the big loser, apart from the Ukrainian people and the people who lost their
lives, the big loser, economically, geopolitically, is Europe, which has a huge lack of strategy. The US is
not losing, neither economically nor geostrategically. Economically, Russia is not losing either. The ruble
has become one of the strongest currencies. Since the increase in the price of natural gas and the huge
reserves, it has managed to become a regulator, opening and closing the tap. It is Europe that is in a
vortex and in my opinion, there is a clear lack of leadership, vision, strategy, said Tsipras.""

Re: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerous crossroads as Putin never bluffs

<fb1b6229-f677-4724-9cc8-94bf8a9f7604n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10815&group=soc.culture.china#10815

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 09:16:17 -0700 (PDT)
crossroads as Putin never bluffs
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Fri, 23 Sep 2022 16:16 UTC

On Thursday, September 22, 2022 at 6:28:38 AM UTC, stoney wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 11:00:04 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> > The reaction from the West was no surprise. German Vice-Chancellor Robert Habeck called this decision "a wrong step." Breaking up Yugoslavia is normal, Serbia is normal, Iraq, Libya is normal, but Ukraine — impossible. This is "different."
> The West has different okays for these broken up countries for their own objectives. But no okay for Ukraine. This goes to show how US and its allies are working for their own objectives and not allowed by others.

Yugoslavia was broken up because of its ethnic problems.
Do other European nations also have ethnic problems?
To the extent that residents of the Ukrainian regions are willing to fight on the Russian
side and willing to vote themselves into part of Russia, it is also obvious that Ukraine
also has its share of ethnic problems.

Re: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerous crossroads as Putin never bluffs [pravda.ru]

<anfi+1q01wxbvif-m9n5@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10817&group=soc.culture.china#10817

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerous crossroads as Putin never bluffs [pravda.ru]
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 18:54:08 +0200
sha1:eAXTqJ5Rwbabgiw0FRBoqOAItZE=
 by: A. Filip - Fri, 23 Sep 2022 16:54 UTC

ltlee1 <ltlee1@hotmail.com> wrote:
> https://english.pravda.ru/world/154069-nato_russia_putin/
> "Russian President Vladimir Putin said on September 21 that:
> […]

Putin *never* bluffs => He must be pathetic poker player.
I may believe in "Putin hardly ever bluffs".

--
A. Filip : Big (Tech) Brother is watching you.
| A sine curve goes off to infinity, or at least the end of the
| blackboard. (Prof. Steiner)

Re: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerous crossroads as Putin never bluffs [pravda.ru]

<f0af82a0-015f-4161-8780-cc9df9295929n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10820&group=soc.culture.china#10820

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 16:15:19 -0700 (PDT)
crossroads as Putin never bluffs [pravda.ru]
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Fri, 23 Sep 2022 23:15 UTC

On Friday, September 23, 2022 at 4:54:12 PM UTC, A. Filip wrote:
> ltlee1 wrote:
> > https://english.pravda.ru/world/154069-nato_russia_putin/
> > "Russian President Vladimir Putin said on September 21 that:
> > […]
>
> Putin *never* bluffs => He must be pathetic poker player.
> I may believe in "Putin hardly ever bluffs".

Haven't heard anything on Putin playing poker.
But the following is worth noticing.

"The United States for several months has been sending private communications to Moscow
warning Russia’s leadership of the grave consequences that would follow the use of a nuclear
weapon, ...
The Biden administration generally has decided to keep warnings about the consequences of
a nuclear strike deliberately vague, so the Kremlin worries about how Washington might respond,

The attempt by the White House to cultivate what’s known in the nuclear deterrence world as
“strategic ambiguity” comes as Russia continues to escalate its rhetoric about possible nuclear
weapons use amid a domestic mobilization aimed at stanching Russian military losses in eastern
Ukraine."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/09/22/russia-nuclear-threat-us-options/

The obvious question is where to draw the line between "strategic ambiguity", from
"escalatory ambiguity."

> --
> A. Filip : Big (Tech) Brother is watching you.
> | A sine curve goes off to infinity, or at least the end of the
> | blackboard. (Prof. Steiner)

Re: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerous crossroads as Putin never bluffs [pravda.ru]

<GtqdnattMYF71bP-nZ2dnZfqnPti4p2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10821&group=soc.culture.china#10821

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,sci.military.naval,alt.military
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 19:01:42 -0500
 by: Byker - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 00:01 UTC

"A. Filip" wrote in message news:anfi+1q01wxbvif-m9n5@wp.eu...

> Putin *never* bluffs => He must be pathetic poker player.
> I may believe in "Putin hardly ever bluffs".

His nukes are all past their expiration dates and
will probably land with a thud instead of a bang...

Re: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerous crossroads as Putin never bluffs [pravda.ru]

<anfi+cvno5wabjf-m9o6@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10823&group=soc.culture.china#10823

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 02:23:37 +0200
sha1:QU+tXRV8nEqwHrLx23Hb3pjVf9s=
 by: A. Filip - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 00:23 UTC

"Byker" <byker@do~rag.net> wrote:
> "A. Filip" wrote in message news:anfi+1q01wxbvif-m9n5@wp.eu...
>>
>> Putin *never* bluffs => He must be pathetic poker player.
>> I may believe in "Putin hardly ever bluffs".
>
> His nukes are all past their expiration dates and will probably land
> with a thud instead of a bang...

and the Moon is made of green cheese.

--
A. Filip : Big (Tech) Brother is watching you.
| Wherever you go...There you are. (Buckaroo Banzai)

Re: [Challenging NATO Hypocrisy] NATO finds itself at dangerous crossroads as Putin never bluffs

<ddca2e76-4c2c-4991-b336-576413b11022n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10860&group=soc.culture.china#10860

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 09:59:03 -0700 (PDT)
crossroads as Putin never bluffs
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 16:59 UTC

On Friday, September 23, 2022 at 4:16:18 PM UTC, ltlee1 wrote:
> On Thursday, September 22, 2022 at 6:28:38 AM UTC, stoney wrote:
> > On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 11:00:04 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> > > The reaction from the West was no surprise. German Vice-Chancellor Robert Habeck called this decision "a wrong step." Breaking up Yugoslavia is normal, Serbia is normal, Iraq, Libya is normal, but Ukraine — impossible. This is "different."
> > The West has different okays for these broken up countries for their own objectives. But no okay for Ukraine. This goes to show how US and its allies are working for their own objectives and not allowed by others.
> Yugoslavia was broken up because of its ethnic problems.
> Do other European nations also have ethnic problems?
> To the extent that residents of the Ukrainian regions are willing to fight on the Russian
> side and willing to vote themselves into part of Russia, it is also obvious that Ukraine
> also has its share of ethnic problems.

"At the session of the UN Security Council, I spoke about the similarities between the war
in Yugoslavia and the one happening now in Ukraine. Although almost 30 years have
passed since the war in Yugoslavia, similar effects of external influence can be seen in
Ukraine and should not be ignored.
The West supplied Croats and Muslims in Bosnia and Herzegovina with vast quantities
of weapons, even during an embargo, which was a direct violation of international law.
However, that was not all. Western private military companies trained the Croatian and
Muslim armies but also commanded operations, for example, the operations of ethnic
cleansing of Serbs from Croatia called “Flash” and “Storm.”

Advisers from Croatia instructed Ukraine several times on how to cleanse the Russian
population using the same recipe.

It is also necessary to mention Kosovo and Metohija, the southern Serbian province that
seceded after the bombing of Serbia in 1999. NATO launched aggression against Serbia,
without the approval of the UN Security Council, under the pretext of preventing violations
of the human rights of Kosovo Albanians. However, the Kosovar Albanians had autonomy
guaranteed by the constitution, the right to use their language and culture, schools with the
Albanian language and guaranteed participation in the republic’s authorities.

Unfortunately, a similar arrangement was taken off the table for the Russian-speaking
population in Ukraine. Still, NATO did not decide to bomb Kiev because of it but instead
encouraged them in the violation of all human rights and violence against their own
population.

The double standards applied by the West are visible here. The parallels are that the West
was a critical actor in the Yugoslav conflict and the Ukrainian conflict, where it directly
participated in the battle with the help of a hybrid way of warfare."

https://asiatimes.com/2022/09/how-war-in-ukraine-resembles-past-conflict-in-yugoslavia/