From: t_del_fu...@hotmail.com (Terry del Fuego)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Kali Cook, 4, infanticide
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 13:47:44 -0700
 by: Terry del Fuego - Wed, 22 Sep 2021 20:47 UTC

<https://people.com/health/4-year-old-texas-girl-dies-of-covid-after-unvaccinated-mom-contracts-virus-she-was-beautiful/>

4-Year-Old Texas Girl Dies of COVID After Unvaccinated Mom Contracts
Virus: 'She Was Beautiful'

Kali Cook’s mom said she was "against" the COVID-19 vaccine, but after
her daughter’s sudden death, "I wish I never was"

By Julie Mazziotta September 14, 2021 11:26 AM

A 4-year-old girl from Galveston, Texas, died in her sleep last week
after contracting COVID-19, her family said.

Kali Cook, a preschooler, started showing symptoms in the early
morning of Sept. 6. Just over 24 hours later, at 7 a.m. the next day,
she died of the virus, her mother, Karra Harwood, told the Houston
Chronicle.

"It took her so fast," Harwood said.

Cook's symptoms started after her mom, who is unvaccinated, tested
positive for COVID-19 on Sept. 6. Harwood said she came home and
isolated from the rest of their family, which includes her fiancé and
Cook's brother and 5-month-old sister, both of whom also contracted
COVID-19.

"I tried to stay away from her and didn't want her and my other kids
to get it," Harwood told Galveston County's The Daily News.

But Cook, who had no known preexisting conditions, also got sick and
quickly succumbed to the virus. She is the youngest resident in
Galveston County to die from COVID-19.

"Kali was perfectly fine, and then she was gone," Harwood told the
Houston Chronicle. As the family continues to isolate at home, she's
now worried that her 5-month-old daughter won't make it through the
virus.

Harwood said she now regrets not getting vaccinated.

"I was one of the people that was anti, I was against it," she told
The Daily News. "Now, I wish I never was."

The mom wants Cook to be remembered by her name rather "than just a
little girl."

"She was so funny and sassy," Harwood said. "She wasn't your average
little girl. She'd rather play with worms and frogs than wear bows.
She was just so pretty and full of life … she was beautiful."

Harwood and her fiancé have been out of work during the pandemic, and
she started a GoFundMe to help pay for their bills.

"Our beautiful baby girl gained her wings this morning," Harwood wrote
on the GoFundMe. "Her heart was too pure for this cruel world and God
decided he needed another beautiful angel on his side. We are all so
broken and lost and just trying to figure out how we are gonna get
threw[sic] this life without her light."

Re: Kali Cook, 4, infanticide

<sig61b$7kj$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10859&group=alt.obituaries#10859

From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Re: Kali Cook, 4, infanticide
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 14:08:58 -0700
 by: Travoltron - Wed, 22 Sep 2021 21:08 UTC

They really should be putting these stories on TV as PSAs.

Re: Kali Cook, 4, infanticide

<djgnkgpopm40kmfpk0kklbcebhnuo5g2mk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10864&group=alt.obituaries#10864

From: t_del_fu...@hotmail.com (Terry del Fuego)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 17:00:04 -0700
 by: Terry del Fuego - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 00:00 UTC

On Wed, 22 Sep 2021 14:08:58 -0700, Travoltron
<travoltron@defender.uni> wrote:

>They really should be putting these stories on TV as PSAs.

That's a good idea. I wonder if they'd need the consent of the
families and how easy it would be to get, though. Maybe that wouldn't
be too difficult given that at least some of the stories contain
explicitly stated deathbed regret.