Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 08:19:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [U-turn?] A Ceasefire Can Ensure Ukrainian Independence
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 15:19 UTC

Trial Ballon for US policy U-turn regarding Ukraine.

"Putin hosted a ceremony at the Kremlin this morning declaring all four Ukrainian oblasts a part of Russia. Annexing these territories will increase Russia’s population by approximately 6 million people and effectively mark the end of Russia’s so-called “special military operation,” which has been a war fought for limited objectives and with a fraction of its armed forces. But the start of a full-scale war against Ukraine after mobilization is likely to be even more destructive and could potentially include some of Russia’s powerful but not yet utilized unconventional weapons, with the objective being the total capitulation of Ukraine.

Following the successful Ukrainian counteroffensive in Kharkiv earlier this month which resulted in the liberation of nearly 6 percent of Russian-occupied territory, Western leaders continue to overestimate Ukraine’s chances of winning the war. Reports indicate that Putin’s partial mobilization will not be limited to 300,000 troops, as the Russian government has misleadingly claimed, but rather 1.2 million military reservists that will be used to overrun Ukraine in a planned winter offensive that could bring an end to the country’s independence by early next year.

Even after Putin’s dramatic escalation of the war, the Russian government has declared it continues to remain open to peace negotiations with Ukraine. The Ukrainian government refuses to meet with Russian representatives to negotiate an end to the war, no doubt due to the West’s continued military support. Unfortunately, however, the likelihood of Ukraine gaining more territory is minimal and, even if achieved, could result in a Russian nuclear response. It is likely that no increase in Western weapons shipments to Kyiv will be sufficient to prevent it from being overwhelmed by the massive increase in the number of Russian troops fighting in Ukraine. Accordingly, the momentum in the war is about to shift definitively in Russia’s favor. Now is the time to lock in Ukraine’s battlefield gains, which have seen its forces liberate four out of eight Russian-occupied regions.

There is only one way the West can prevent Ukraine from being defeated on the battlefield over the next several months and avoid a nuclear conflict with Russia: a return to diplomacy. President Joe Biden needs to call for an immediate cease-fire and armistice agreement to save Ukraine, ensure its security, and preserve its political and economic independence with control of at least 81 percent of its territory. It is in the U.S. national security interest to have Russia and Ukraine negotiate a permanent cease-fire as soon as possible and avoid potential nuclear escalation. "

https://nationalinterest.org/feature/ceasefire-can-ensure-ukrainian-independence-205097

Re: [U-turn?] A Ceasefire Can Ensure Ukrainian Independence

<1a8d9538-8931-45f9-b2a8-5f6c329e3335n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10949&group=soc.culture.china#10949

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 10:05:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 17:05 UTC

On Sunday, October 2, 2022 at 11:19:02 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> Trial Ballon for US policy U-turn regarding Ukraine.
>
> "Putin hosted a ceremony at the Kremlin this morning declaring all four Ukrainian oblasts a part of Russia. Annexing these territories will increase Russia’s population by approximately 6 million people and effectively mark the end of Russia’s so-called “special military operation,” which has been a war fought for limited objectives and with a fraction of its armed forces. But the start of a full-scale war against Ukraine after mobilization is likely to be even more destructive and could potentially include some of Russia’s powerful but not yet utilized unconventional weapons, with the objective being the total capitulation of Ukraine.
>
> Following the successful Ukrainian counteroffensive in Kharkiv earlier this month which resulted in the liberation of nearly 6 percent of Russian-occupied territory, Western leaders continue to overestimate Ukraine’s chances of winning the war. Reports indicate that Putin’s partial mobilization will not be limited to 300,000 troops, as the Russian government has misleadingly claimed, but rather 1.2 million military reservists that will be used to overrun Ukraine in a planned winter offensive that could bring an end to the country’s independence by early next year.
>
> Even after Putin’s dramatic escalation of the war, the Russian government has declared it continues to remain open to peace negotiations with Ukraine. The Ukrainian government refuses to meet with Russian representatives to negotiate an end to the war, no doubt due to the West’s continued military support. Unfortunately, however, the likelihood of Ukraine gaining more territory is minimal and, even if achieved, could result in a Russian nuclear response. It is likely that no increase in Western weapons shipments to Kyiv will be sufficient to prevent it from being overwhelmed by the massive increase in the number of Russian troops fighting in Ukraine.. Accordingly, the momentum in the war is about to shift definitively in Russia’s favor. Now is the time to lock in Ukraine’s battlefield gains, which have seen its forces liberate four out of eight Russian-occupied regions.
>
> There is only one way the West can prevent Ukraine from being defeated on the battlefield over the next several months and avoid a nuclear conflict with Russia: a return to diplomacy. President Joe Biden needs to call for an immediate cease-fire and armistice agreement to save Ukraine, ensure its security, and preserve its political and economic independence with control of at least 81 percent of its territory. It is in the U.S. national security interest to have Russia and Ukraine negotiate a permanent cease-fire as soon as possible and avoid potential nuclear escalation. "
>
> https://nationalinterest.org/feature/ceasefire-can-ensure-ukrainian-independence-205097

US will call for war truce but will not participate in war.

Re: [U-turn?] A Ceasefire Can Ensure Ukrainian Independence

<bde9cd76-da80-4c2c-906b-40cf9312d134n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10956&group=soc.culture.china#10956

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 03:02:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: dosaipr...@gmail.com (dosai prata)
 by: dosai prata - Mon, 3 Oct 2022 10:02 UTC

On Sunday, October 2, 2022 at 3:19:02 PM UTC, ltlee1 wrote:
> Trial Ballon for US policy U-turn regarding Ukraine.
>
> "Putin hosted a ceremony at the Kremlin this morning declaring all four Ukrainian oblasts a part of Russia. Annexing these territories will increase Russia’s population by approximately 6 million people and effectively mark the end of Russia’s so-called “special military operation,” which has been a war fought for limited objectives and with a fraction of its armed forces. But the start of a full-scale war against Ukraine after mobilization is likely to be even more destructive and could potentially include some of Russia’s powerful but not yet utilized unconventional weapons, with the objective being the total capitulation of Ukraine.
>
> Following the successful Ukrainian counteroffensive in Kharkiv earlier this month which resulted in the liberation of nearly 6 percent of Russian-occupied territory, Western leaders continue to overestimate Ukraine’s chances of winning the war. Reports indicate that Putin’s partial mobilization will not be limited to 300,000 troops, as the Russian government has misleadingly claimed, but rather 1.2 million military reservists that will be used to overrun Ukraine in a planned winter offensive that could bring an end to the country’s independence by early next year.
>
> Even after Putin’s dramatic escalation of the war, the Russian government has declared it continues to remain open to peace negotiations with Ukraine. The Ukrainian government refuses to meet with Russian representatives to negotiate an end to the war, no doubt due to the West’s continued military support. Unfortunately, however, the likelihood of Ukraine gaining more territory is minimal and, even if achieved, could result in a Russian nuclear response. It is likely that no increase in Western weapons shipments to Kyiv will be sufficient to prevent it from being overwhelmed by the massive increase in the number of Russian troops fighting in Ukraine.. Accordingly, the momentum in the war is about to shift definitively in Russia’s favor. Now is the time to lock in Ukraine’s battlefield gains, which have seen its forces liberate four out of eight Russian-occupied regions.
>
> There is only one way the West can prevent Ukraine from being defeated on the battlefield over the next several months and avoid a nuclear conflict with Russia: a return to diplomacy. President Joe Biden needs to call for an immediate cease-fire and armistice agreement to save Ukraine, ensure its security, and preserve its political and economic independence with control of at least 81 percent of its territory. It is in the U.S. national security interest to have Russia and Ukraine negotiate a permanent cease-fire as soon as possible and avoid potential nuclear escalation. "
>
> https://nationalinterest.org/feature/ceasefire-can-ensure-ukrainian-independence-205097

When Russia is ready to go nuclear, the US is shitting in its pants.

What is the US afraid of? Not Russia using tactical nuclear weapons in Ukraine because it will not affect the US mainland in anyway. Its too far away. Russia is unlikely to use tactical nuclear weapons in Donbass. That's like nuking itself, now that the Donbass is Russian territory.

The US is afraid of Russia nuking it or its allies with strategic nuclear missiles.