From: le...@top.put.com (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Ilene G. Thompson 1948-2021
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 20:15:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Fri, 15 Oct 2021 20:15 UTC

Ilene G. Thompson,born April 27th 1948,died October 14th 2021 according to
a phone call from a mutual acquaintance this morning...her maiden name
was Schwartzer,she married and divorced three times,Thompson was the name she
chose to keep.

I met her through the local Democratic committee something over a decade
ago,when she lived a couple of miles from me,renting from an elderly
couple whose demise she knew would mean she would have to move.
Some time after her resignation from the committee in a personality
clash,she did indeed have to move and became one of my tenants;
during her recent illness I have been tending her cat.

She was a former career postal employee,mainly behind the scenes,
active in the union to the point of spending some years as a shop
steward.

A few months ago she went in for a back operation affecting five
vertebrae,and there was a resulting infection that required further
surgeries...she spent time in nursing homes seeking rehabilitation
but developed sepsis,was taken to the hospital Wednesday night,
and died Thursday morning.(I had visited her Tuesday bringing two
weeks of mail).

Ironically,she had only in recent weeks learned that an ex-husband
had died earlier this year and been found dead months later,and had
named her his sole beneficiary(not that he was wealthy,he was living
in a recreational vehicle in Tennessee).

She is survived by two younger sisters,one of whom she was on speaking
terms with and the other not.

-=-=-

Re: Ilene G. Thompson 1948-2021

<skusjj$qbf$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11083&group=alt.obituaries#11083

From: le...@top.put.com (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Re: Ilene G. Thompson 1948-2021
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 17:32:35 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Fri, 22 Oct 2021 17:32 UTC

Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:
> Ilene G. Thompson,born April 27th 1948,died October 14th 2021 according to
> a phone call from a mutual acquaintance this morning...her maiden name
> was Schwartzer,she married and divorced three times,Thompson was the name she
> chose to keep.
>
> I met her through the local Democratic committee something over a decade
> ago,when she lived a couple of miles from me,renting from an elderly
> couple whose demise she knew would mean she would have to move.
> Some time after her resignation from the committee in a personality
> clash,she did indeed have to move and became one of my tenants;
> during her recent illness I have been tending her cat.
>
> She was a former career postal employee,mainly behind the scenes,
> active in the union to the point of spending some years as a shop
> steward.
>
> A few months ago she went in for a back operation affecting five
> vertebrae,and there was a resulting infection that required further
> surgeries...she spent time in nursing homes seeking rehabilitation
> but developed sepsis,was taken to the hospital Wednesday night,
> and died Thursday morning.(I had visited her Tuesday bringing two
> weeks of mail).
>
> Ironically,she had only in recent weeks learned that an ex-husband
> had died earlier this year and been found dead months later,and had
> named her his sole beneficiary(not that he was wealthy,he was living
> in a recreational vehicle in Tennessee).
>
> She is survived by two younger sisters,one of whom she was on speaking
> terms with and the other not.

Further contact with the friendly sister reveals that the ex-husband
was apparently NOT found dead only after months as Ilene had surmised
(there's an obit four days after his stated death date),and that only
he had legally married her though Ilene had described all three men to
me as husbands.(The sister read this post of mine).