Newsgroups: soc.history.war.misc
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Quora on children in Gaza deaths
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 08:08:35 -0700
 by: a425couple - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 15:08 UTC

Michael Davison
Retired Industrial Engineer and Production Manager in IsraelTue

Do you think that all 65 children who died in Gaza was merely a fake
political effort by Hamas to gain global sympathy?
I have to wonder about the claim, simply because out of the 4,300
rockets Hamas and its associates fired at Israel, more than 1,000 failed
and fell within the Gaza Strip.

Hamas is asking you to believe that not one single Palestinian man,
woman or child was injured by those 1,000-plus rockets that fell and
exploded within the Gaza Strip.

Does that sound logical to anyone here?

2.6K viewsView 214 upvotes
Profile photo for Lee Fjellanger

Profile photo for Barry Brevik
Barry Brevik
Tue
I think that your point is entirely valid.

With ~1,000 rockets falling within the most northern part of Gaza; this
is a very small area. Obviously, I do not have any references to think
this, but I would be all the way to shocked if it turns out that no
Palestinian Arabs were killed, or at least grievously injured!

In any case, we will never know that number, because if it is any value
> 0, it is not in Hamas’ interests to reveal that number.

Thank you for pointing up this issue.

Profile photo for Pawel Tokarczuk
Pawel Tokarczuk
Tue
We can be confident on this point for two reasons:

The Gaza Health Ministry was reporting civilian casualties on its side
of the line on the evening of May 10th., after the expiry of the
“ultimatum” issued by Hamas, but before Israel had begun to return fire
into Gaza.
The IDF has since published its famous colour-coded map of launches and
landings inside the Gaza Strip:

(see the map - 680 Hamas rockets misfired and fell in Gaza
May 10-21, 2021)

Profile photo for Michael Davison
Michael Davison
Tue
The number of 1,000 plus was in the Hebrew newspapers at the time. Even
if the IDF number is the accurate one, can any sane, objective person
actually believe that absolutely no Palestinian casualties were incurred
from those 680 rockets, and that none of them were innocent civilians?

It seems to me that anyone believing this has a naiveté index way above
the legal limit.

Hamas is the one provoking, so your question is directed at the wrong
person. Try asking a Palestinian, although I’m sure that he/she will
blame Israel.

The Palestinian authorities have a long history of lying for foreign
consumption as well as to their own people.

As cold and hard as this may sound, the people of Gaza are paying for
their mistake of supporting Hamas. Now they’re prisoners of their own
decisions. I can feel sorry for them, but that will not lessen my
response when Hamas and their associates attempt to murder Israeli
civilians in an attempt to provoke Israel into providing them with
“martyrs” for the media camera, and if there aren’t enough “martyrs”,
then they make some more themselves.

These are Hamas policies:

Hamas MP Fathi Hammad: We Used Women and Children as Human Shields How
many of these human shields (a war crime on the part of Hamas) were killed?

Hamas PM Ismail Haniya: We Are a Nation of Jihad and Martyrdom

Palestinian Leader Farouq Qaddoumi: We Supported The Nazis In WWII

Message by "Arab Nazi" Threatens Jews with Torment Worse Than the
Holocaust (Warning: Graphic)

Hamas Sermon from the Gaza Strip: Our Doctrine Entails Exterminating the
Jews

May I suggest, Mr. Greene, that instead of trying to impose your morals
and ideologies on the Arab-Israel conflict, you do some serious study
about the cultures, ethics and mentalities involved?