From: le...@top.put.com (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Prince Norodom Ranariddh 1944-2021
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 02:28:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 02:28 UTC

Prince Norodom Ranariddh,born January 2nd 1944,died November 28th 2021
according to Reuters and others.In a maneuver reminiscent of the late
1940s imposition of Communist governments in Eastern Europe,he was
forced to cede power despite winning the 1993 general election,as
Hun Sen refused to accept defeat and was more able than Donald
Trump in 2020 to intimidate the winners.So he first shared and
then was squeezed out of the prime ministership (his father was
and half-brother now is the King of Cambodia).

Hun Sen's party wins all the seats these days in elections the
Prince's party boycotts.

-=-=-

Re: Prince Norodom Ranariddh 1944-2021

<soh6qj$fo5$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11408&group=alt.obituaries#11408

From: le...@top.put.com (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries,alt.talk.royalty
Subject: Re: Prince Norodom Ranariddh 1944-2021
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 02:06:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 02:06 UTC

Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:
> Prince Norodom Ranariddh,born January 2nd 1944,died November 28th 2021
> according to Reuters and others.In a maneuver reminiscent of the late
> 1940s imposition of Communist governments in Eastern Europe,he was
> forced to cede power despite winning the 1993 general election,as
> Hun Sen refused to accept defeat and was more able than Donald
> Trump in 2020 to intimidate the winners.So he first shared and
> then was squeezed out of the prime ministership (his father was
> and half-brother now is the King of Cambodia).

I really should have added this to a.t.r.