From: nob...@home.com (Matthew Kruk)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Jim Warren, Early Influencer in Personal Computing, Dies at 85
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 16:56:58 -0700
 by: Matthew Kruk - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 23:56 UTC

He personified the blend of technical enthusiasm and counterculture values that
shaped the industry, launching the West Coast Computer Faire in the 1970s.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/30/technology/jim-warren-dead.html

Re: Jim Warren, Early Influencer in Personal Computing, Dies at 85

<so9osn$6jb$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11387&group=alt.obituaries#11387

From: le...@top.put.com (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 06:25:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Thu, 2 Dec 2021 06:25 UTC

Matthew Kruk <nobody@home.com> wrote:
> He personified the blend of technical enthusiasm and counterculture values that
> shaped the industry, launching the West Coast Computer Faire in the 1970s.
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/30/technology/jim-warren-dead.html

Remembered by me as founding "Haphazard Editor" of
Doctor Dobb's Journal of Computer Calisthenics and Orthodontia.
(His first successor Tom Williams was promoted on the masthead
from "Associate Editor" to "Actual Editor" before the
"Haphazard" title was retired with Warren).

-=-=-