Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 00:37:02 -0800 (PST)
Subject: ANAGRAMS of World Health Organization:
From: imb...@mindspring.com (Dave P.)
 by: Dave P. - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 08:37 UTC

ANAGRAMS of World Health Organization:
That whale, dozing! (Lion roar)
Lord! Whatzat goin' on, Harlie?
Oh, whoa, Tarzan! *I'll* git'r done!

Re: ANAGRAMS of World Health Organization:

<2acebadb-de61-489b-9a27-6b5b1d63e178n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11544&group=alt.obituaries#11544

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 10:37:39 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: ANAGRAMS of World Health Organization:
From: radioact...@gmail.com (radioacti...@gmail.com)
 by: radioacti...@gmail.c - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 18:37 UTC

Yo Dave...

Inasmuch* as I've doled out well-earned praise for several of your previous anagrammatic efforts posted hereto, consistency AND critical credibility compel me to unenthusiastically inform you these three just aren't up to your established standards.

I render this harsh judgment based upon a single principle--that (unlike palindromes, which merely must make semantic sense) the meaning, however stilted, of the resultant descrambling of the letters should somehow harken back to the words which comprised the set-up. These three, it seems, certainly make stilted sense, but I don't see how they even convolutingly allude to the WHO. (And while Harley is quite common in the culture, I've never previously seen Harlie.)

NOT THAT I COULD DO BETTER,. mind you!

Indeed, anagrams seem to be an ESPECIALLY gargantuan gap in my meager mind's faculties. So much so that during my ill-fated center-lectern Jeopardy! appearance**, I'm just glad that some anagram category didn't appear. (The J! writers have through the entire Trebek era*** and beyond seemed WAY too dependent on them, but maybe that's my bias.) That's because I doubt I would have been able to figure out a single one of the five anagram clues.

So Dave, as a world-class lazy fellow I have absolutely ZERO quarter to tell you this, but this is a fan's plea: Please work harder on your next batch!

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
* Or, as the semi-literate younger folk so ignorantly write, "in as much".
** First Trebek season, and thank G-d the Jeopardy!.com archivists still haven't found the contestant rosters for every edition of that season. (Doubters may suspect I'm just making this up, but I COULD show you the tape. But I wouldn't.****)
*** Can't recall Art Fleming ever serving up an anagram category--and I started watching J! from its premier weeks in 1964.
**** Instead I'd physically force you to watch my victoriously-glorious five-appearance run on Dick Clark's syndicated The Challengers in the spring of 1991.