From: z24ba6....@nowhere (1p166)
Subject: Re: Verboten! Verboten!!!
Newsgroups: alt.atheism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 00:53:23 -0400
 by: 1p166 - Tue, 26 Oct 2021 04:53 UTC

On 10/25/21 11:29 PM, Billford wrote:
> a322x1n <void@void.void> wrote in
>
>> sri atman devi <sri.atman.devi@gmail.com> wrote in

>>> Don't know whether to laugh or cry.
>>>
>>> But hey: get a gander of the Texas GOP Platform for 2020:
>>>
>>> opposing any effort to classify carbon emissions as a pollutant
>>> abolishing the EPA
>>> repealing the Endangered Species Act
>>> prohibiting teaching “sex education, sexual health or sexual
>>> choice or identity in any public school” recognizing pornography
>>> as a “public health crisis” abolishing Child Protective
>>> Services abolishing the Department of Education
>>> teaching American history courses “heavily weighted toward the
>>> study of original founding documents” opposing the use of any
>>> national or international education standards requiring mandatory
>>> daily pledges of allegiance to both the United States and Texas
>>> banning critical race theory from schools
>>> banning any lockdowns, contact tracing, or mask mandates as public
>>> health measures newly limiting the time disabled people can
>>> receive SSDI benefits eliminating the minimum wage
>>> banning cities from passing paid sick leave ordinances, rent
>>> control, or plastic bag bans abolishing school-based mental health
>>> care providers “oppos[ing] all efforts to validate transgender
>>> identity” repealing all limits on campaign contributions to
>>> politicians repealing all estate taxes
>>> eliminating same-sex marriage
>>> eliminating no-fault divorce and supporting covenant marriage
>>> entirely eliminating abortion
>>> introducing a right to use cryptocurrency to the Texas Bill of
>>> Rights requiring employers to verify citizenship status through
>>> E-Verify abolishing all federal welfare programs
>>> drug testing state welfare recipients
>>> adding “the right to refuse vaccination” to the Texas Bill of
>>> Rights stopping fluoridation of the water supply
>>> disallowing prescription drugs manufactured outside the U.S.
>>> limiting Medicaid
>>> banning Drag Queen Story Hour from libraries
>>> allowing people to bring guns into schools
>>> a prohibition on using gas or vehicle taxes for public transit or
>>> bike lanes opposing a path to citizenship for undocumented
>>> immigrants and using mass deportation instead abolishing the
>>> refugee resettlement program eliminating birthright citizenship
>>> new criminal penalties for desecrating the American or Texas flag
>>> revoking the tax-exempt status of any organization that
>>> “knowingly aid[s] and abet[s] illegal immigrants” ending the
>>> H1B foreign worker visa program ending daylight saving time
>>> “support[ing] an aggressive war on terrorism”
>>> requiring cities that cut police budgets to cut property taxes by
>>> the same percentage eliminating all public funding for public
>>> broadcasting repealing the “motor voter” law that allows voter
>>> registration at state DMVs withdrawing from the United Nations
>>> “unequivocally oppos[ing]” the ratification of the UN
>>> Convention on the Rights of the Child
>>>
>>> Dragging us kicking and screaming into the 19th century.

> [...]

Too kind, too quick ... make them work at StarBucks
or some super-Woke job where they can't scratch their
noses without being accused of implying rape or
colonialist patriarchy :-)

On the whole, that Texas Agenda sounded pretty
damned good.

A word of advice however ... just drop the abortion
stuff. That'll turn far too many women against you,
even nominally conservative women. Every vote counts
these days. No pro OR anti abortion stuff - the issue
just doesn't exist ...

interests / alt.politics / Re: Verboten! Verboten!!!