From: dsh...@nospam.invalid (dsh)
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.urban
Subject: Re: New version of the Halloween candy poisoning/razor blade.
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 12:12:06 +0800
 by: dsh - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 04:12 UTC

On Sun, 27 Dec 2020 16:23:50 -0700
Don Freeman <don@cosmoslair.com> wrote:

> Caught it first on a questionable news site called Archiweekend (via
> the news aggregate site SmartNews), which has been since removed. But
> it is still moving around on Facebook (no surprise there), with the
> source being and even more questionable site called AWM. Which still
> has the article posted:
>
> Neighbors Are Furious After Anti-Vax Mom Put Something “Special” In
> The Halloween Candy
>
> <https://awm.com/neighbors-are-furious-after-anti-vax-mom-put-something-special-in-the-halloween-candy-2/>
>
> No names, no location, no source whatsoever. But I heard it on the
> internet so it must be true.
>
> Opening paragraph:
> "A “nurse,” who does not believe in the efficacy of modern medicine
> yet works in the field, has decided to take matters into her own
> hands. Because she is a rabid “anti-vaxxer,” the nurse decided to
> hand out chickenpox infected lollipops to the innocent children
> trick-or-treating in her neighborhood. Because she wanted to infect
> the children with the disease to get them all sick from it, she
> thought she was doing the community a good deed."

i hope the children are okay, really, being infected with chickenpox
and not being vaccinated against it can kill a child

Re: New version of the Halloween candy poisoning/razor blade.

<solm4a$co5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=120&group=alt.folklore.urban#120

From: Don...@cosmoslair.com (Don Freeman)
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.urban
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 11:52:01 -0700
 by: Don Freeman - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 18:52 UTC

On 12/4/2021 9:12 PM, dsh wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Dec 2020 16:23:50 -0700
> Don Freeman <don@cosmoslair.com> wrote:
>
>> Caught it first on a questionable news site called Archiweekend (via
>> the news aggregate site SmartNews), which has been since removed. But
>> it is still moving around on Facebook (no surprise there), with the
>> source being and even more questionable site called AWM. Which still
>> has the article posted:
>>
>> Neighbors Are Furious After Anti-Vax Mom Put Something “Special” In
>> The Halloween Candy
>>
>> <https://awm.com/neighbors-are-furious-after-anti-vax-mom-put-something-special-in-the-halloween-candy-2/>
>>
>> No names, no location, no source whatsoever. But I heard it on the
>> internet so it must be true.
>>
>> Opening paragraph:
>> "A “nurse,” who does not believe in the efficacy of modern medicine
>> yet works in the field, has decided to take matters into her own
>> hands. Because she is a rabid “anti-vaxxer,” the nurse decided to
>> hand out chickenpox infected lollipops to the innocent children
>> trick-or-treating in her neighborhood. Because she wanted to infect
>> the children with the disease to get them all sick from it, she
>> thought she was doing the community a good deed."
>>

> i hope the children are okay, really, being infected with chickenpox
> and not being vaccinated against it can kill a child

I have a feeling that you are not clear on the concept of Urban Legends.