An authority is a person who can tell you more about something than you really care to know.

interests / alt.obituaries / Re: "Apply Precision to the Pandemic"

SubjectAuthor
* "Apply Precision to the Pandemic"Lenona
`* Re: "Apply Precision to the Pandemic"J.D. Baldwin
 +- e-mail address? was: "Apply Precision to the Pandemic"danny burstein
 `* Re: "Apply Precision to the Pandemic"Kenny McCormack
  +- Re: "Apply Precision to the Pandemic"Adam H. Kerman
  `- Re: "Apply Precision to the Pandemic"J.D. Baldwin

1
"Apply Precision to the Pandemic"

<9b2f5400-956c-4750-b8f0-077f756a5df4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11947&group=alt.obituaries#11947

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 11:23:58 -0800 (PST)
Subject: "Apply Precision to the Pandemic"
From: lenona...@yahoo.com (Lenona)
 by: Lenona - Sat, 5 Feb 2022 19:23 UTC

While this is good, I'm kind of disturbed by the fact that he doesn't seem to care much about how young healthy people, when they don't take precautions, can catch the virus and pass it on to the sick and elderly, who can then die even if they DID get vaccinated. (How do we know some little kid didn't infect Colin Powell just by walking past him?)

In other words, how can anyone over 65 have any freedom at all for the rest of their lives if the young are recklessly spreading the virus in stores and such?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or4vncEcuBo
(8:37 minutes)

Re: "Apply Precision to the Pandemic"

<str7a9$84d$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11958&group=alt.obituaries#11958

From: INVALID_...@example.com.invalid (J.D. Baldwin)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Re: "Apply Precision to the Pandemic"
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 13:37:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: J.D. Baldwin - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 13:37 UTC

In the previous article, Lenona <lenona321@yahoo.com> wrote:
> In other words, how can anyone over 65 have any freedom at all for
> the rest of their lives if the young are recklessly spreading the
> virus in stores and such?

OK, I'll take the bait on this one: it's easy to protect yourself.
If you're that paranoid about the Wu Ping Cough, get and wear an N95
or an N100 with a vent every time you go out. Such masks are cheap
and plentiful now, so problem solved. There's no need to demand that
everyone else conform to your idea of good behavior. You set your
risk appetite, I set mine.
\ / baldwin@panix.com|to deny under oath that I ever made it.-T. Lehrer

e-mail address? was: "Apply Precision to the Pandemic"

<strbul$pjo$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11959&group=alt.obituaries#11959

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: e-mail address? was: "Apply Precision to the Pandemic"
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 14:56:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 14:56 UTC

[snip]

Hi, "Terry". Would there be an email address
to send you something or should I just post
it here and hope?

dannyb@panix.com

Re: "Apply Precision to the Pandemic"

<strc1r$5i8g$1@news.xmission.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11960&group=alt.obituaries#11960

From: gaze...@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 14:58:03 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: gazelle@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
 by: Kenny McCormack - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 14:58 UTC

In article <str7a9$84d$1@reader1.panix.com>,
J.D. Baldwin <news@baldwin.users.panix.com> wrote:

>In the previous article, Lenona <lenona321@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> In other words, how can anyone over 65 have any freedom at all for
>> the rest of their lives if the young are recklessly spreading the
>> virus in stores and such?
>
>OK, I'll take the bait on this one: it's easy to protect yourself.
>If you're that paranoid about the Wu Ping Cough, get and wear an N95
>or an N100 with a vent every time you go out. Such masks are cheap
>and plentiful now, so problem solved. There's no need to demand that
>everyone else conform to your idea of good behavior. You set your
>risk appetite, I set mine.

So, you have no problem with me taking an AK47 (or whatever it is the kids
are using these days - I have no interest in and thus no real knowledge of
stupid American "gun culture") down to my local A&P and shooting randomly.
If this bothers you, just do your shopping from an M1 tank.

You set your risk appetite, I set mine.

(Yes, I know you're going to write in and say "Oh, that's not comparable at
all - you're just being silly". But it is. And I'm not (being silly))

--
"They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages.
Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows."

Re: "Apply Precision to the Pandemic"

<strgl3$2at$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11961&group=alt.obituaries#11961

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 16:16:36 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 16:16 UTC

Kenny McCormack <gazelle@shell.xmission.com> wrote:
>J.D. Baldwin <news@baldwin.users.panix.com> wrote:
>>Lenona <lenona321@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>>In other words, how can anyone over 65 have any freedom at all for
>>>the rest of their lives if the young are recklessly spreading the
>>>virus in stores and such?

>>OK, I'll take the bait on this one: it's easy to protect yourself.
>>If you're that paranoid about the Wu Ping Cough, get and wear an N95
>>or an N100 with a vent every time you go out. Such masks are cheap
>>and plentiful now, so problem solved. There's no need to demand that
>>everyone else conform to your idea of good behavior. You set your
>>risk appetite, I set mine.

>So, you have no problem with me taking an AK47 (or whatever it is the kids
>are using these days - I have no interest in and thus no real knowledge of
>stupid American "gun culture") down to my local A&P and shooting randomly.
>If this bothers you, just do your shopping from an M1 tank.

>You set your risk appetite, I set mine.

>(Yes, I know you're going to write in and say "Oh, that's not comparable at
>all - you're just being silly". But it is. And I'm not (being silly))

You are deliberately contributing shit to a discussion, which isn't "just
being silly".

You never learned what an analogy is. You don't care to contribute a
valid argument to a discussion. It's held you back your entire life.

AK-47 is the very famous Soviet-made automatic rifle that contributed
to small wars all throughout the Third World post WWII and made life hell
everywhere. It's not American gun culture. It's literally a weapon of war.

Any country that manufactures weapons has a similar rifle.

Anyway, automatic rifles have been illegal since the 1920s under federal
law, but killers have no problem killing with semi-automatic rifles.

There are semi-automatic versions of similar weapons sold to the public.
Military-grade automatic weapons are not sold to the public.

Re: "Apply Precision to the Pandemic"

<su4c49$e1$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11989&group=alt.obituaries#11989

From: INVALID_...@example.com.invalid (J.D. Baldwin)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 00:54:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: J.D. Baldwin - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 00:54 UTC

In the previous article, Kenny McCormack <gazelle@shell.xmission.com>
wrote:
> So, you have no problem with me taking an AK47 (or whatever it is
> the kids are using these days - I have no interest in and thus no
> real knowledge of stupid American "gun culture") down to my local
> A&P and shooting randomly. If this bothers you, just do your
> shopping from an M1 tank.
>
> You set your risk appetite, I set mine.
>
> (Yes, I know you're going to write in and say "Oh, that's not
> comparable at all - you're just being silly". But it is. And I'm
> not (being silly))

I would never accuse you of being silly. "Silly" implies an element
of fun and whimsy. You're way less serious than a "silly" person.

Stupidity without clever whimsy is just straight-up stupidity.
\ / baldwin@panix.com|to deny under oath that I ever made it.-T. Lehrer