From: a...@b.con (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Petition to halt AB-257 (California law)
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 01:49:38 -0800
 by: KWills - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 09:49 UTC

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fast-food-industry-pushes-to-halt-ab-257-a-california-law-that-could-raise-worker-wages/ar-AA14WAgQ?ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=08c3b65ea05242f4b93793034d3b87c5

If that should wrap: https://tinyurl.com/47f5wu37

I would have linked to the LA Times article directly, but a
subscription is required.
Anyway...
If someone doesn't want to make minimum wage, it would benefit
them to learn a skill that is worth more than minimum wage. But that
is how intelligent people think.
I will state lying to prospective signers about the petition is a
rotten thing to do. Tell the people it's to get a vote for removing
the law onto the ballot. Don't lie and claim it's supporting an
increase in wages.

--
"Hail imp," shouted Vlad, the Imp Hailer.

Re: Petition to halt AB-257 (California law)

<e3guoh9jdmtb99b1rbgdem7n91kjs8fkg4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11997&group=alt.food.fast-food#11997

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Re: Petition to halt AB-257 (California law)
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 05:24:13 -0800
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 13:24 UTC

On Tue, 06 Dec 2022 01:49:38 -0800, KWills <a@b.con> wrote:

>https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fast-food-industry-pushes-to-halt-ab-257-a-california-law-that-could-raise-worker-wages/ar-AA14WAgQ?ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=08c3b65ea05242f4b93793034d3b87c5
>
>If that should wrap: https://tinyurl.com/47f5wu37
>
> I would have linked to the LA Times article directly, but a
>subscription is required.
> Anyway...
> If someone doesn't want to make minimum wage, it would benefit
>them to learn a skill that is worth more than minimum wage. But that
>is how intelligent people think.

I agree.

Here are jobs for someone in high school that needs to make a few
extra bucks.

https://www.monster.com/career-advice/article/teen-jobs-0617

25 Jobs for Teens
Babysitter
What you’d make: The median pay for a babysitter/nanny is $14.29 per
hour.

Barista
What you’d make: The median pay for a barista is $11.57 per hour.

Busser
What you’d make: The median pay for a busser is $11.14 per hour.

Camp Counselor
What you’d make: The median pay for a camp counselor is $13.51 per
hour

Car Wash Attendant
What you’d make: The median pay for a car detailer is $12.36 per hour.

Cashier
What you’d make: The median pay for a cashier is $11.29 per hour.

Dishwasher
What you’d make: The median pay for a dishwasher is $11.16 per hour.

Dog Walker
What you’d make: The median pay for an animal care worker is $13.67
per hour.

Fast Food Worker
What you’d make: Food service team members make a median of $11.66 per
hour.

Gas Station Attendant
What you’d make: The median pay for a fuel attendant is $12.48 per
hour.

Janitor
What you’d make: The median pay for a janitor is $12.38 per hour.

Lawn Care
What you’d make: The median pay for a lawn care worker is $16.58 per
hour.

Lifeguard
What you’d make: The median pay for a lifeguard is $11.90 per hour.

Mover
What you’d make: The median pay for a mover is $14.36 per hour.

Restaurant Host/Hostess
What you’d make: The median pay for a host/hostess is $11.57 per hour.

Find restaurant host jobs on Monster.

Valet Parking
What you'd make: The median pay for a valet attendant is $12.05 per
hour.

Find valet parking jobs on Monster.

Waiter/Waitress
What you'd make: The median pay for a waiter/waitress is $11.24 per
hour.

They take very little skill other than following simple instructions.
They're not meant to support a family or even a single person. They
are barely entry level jobs.

Re: Petition to halt AB-257 (California law)

<e3m0phh0de7mkc3jghk16hq66t7qpnifie@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12005&group=alt.food.fast-food#12005

From: a...@b.con (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2022 01:10:19 -0800
 by: KWills - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 09:10 UTC

On Tue, 06 Dec 2022 05:24:13 -0800, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 06 Dec 2022 01:49:38 -0800, KWills <a@b.con> wrote:
>
>>https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fast-food-industry-pushes-to-halt-ab-257-a-california-law-that-could-raise-worker-wages/ar-AA14WAgQ?ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=08c3b65ea05242f4b93793034d3b87c5
>>
>>If that should wrap: https://tinyurl.com/47f5wu37
>>
>> I would have linked to the LA Times article directly, but a
>>subscription is required.
>> Anyway...
>> If someone doesn't want to make minimum wage, it would benefit
>>them to learn a skill that is worth more than minimum wage. But that
>>is how intelligent people think.
>
>I agree.
>
>Here are jobs for someone in high school that needs to make a few
>extra bucks.
>
>https://www.monster.com/career-advice/article/teen-jobs-0617
>
>25 Jobs for Teens
>Babysitter
>What you’d make: The median pay for a babysitter/nanny is $14.29 per
>hour.

Wow. I wonder where that is.

[...]

>Cashier
>What you’d make: The median pay for a cashier is $11.29 per hour.

MUCH better than when I was one in the late 80's. Though prices
are higher, so the net may not be all that different.

[...]

>Fast Food Worker
>What you’d make: Food service team members make a median of $11.66 per
>hour.

While not the $15/hour people are always whining for, this isn't
bad for flipping burgers.

[...]

>Mover
>What you’d make: The median pay for a mover is $14.36 per hour.

With the physical demands put on movers, I'm actually surprised
it's this low. No, a college education isn't necessary, but it's often
hard work.

[...]

>They take very little skill other than following simple instructions.
>They're not meant to support a family or even a single person. They
>are barely entry level jobs.

True. And most are getting more than I would expect.

--
There once was a girl of society
Who behaved with extreme propriety

interests / alt.food.fast-food / Re: Petition to halt AB-257 (California law)