From: michaelm...@outlook.com (Michael Christ)
Newsgroups: alt.christnet.christianlife,alt.religion.christian.catholic,alt.bible,alt.atheism,soc.culture.israel
Subject: Re: Mark 8: Deny yourself and take up the cross
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 09:23:26 +1100
 by: Michael Christ - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 22:23 UTC

On 4/04/2024 8:57 am, ChristRose wrote:
> [...]
> needs.
>
> 2. The Pharisees Demand a Sign (Mark
> 8:10-13)
>
> The Pharisees ask Jesus for a sign from
> heaven, testing Him. Jesus refuses,
> lamenting their lack of faith and
> inability to recognize the signs already
> given through His miracles.
>
> 3. The Leaven of the Pharisees and Herod
> (Mark 8:14-21)
>
> Jesus warns His disciples about the
> corrupting influence of the Pharisees
> and Herod. This section underscores the
> importance of discernment and the
> dangers of spiritual blindness.
>
> 4. Healing of a Blind Man at Bethsaida
> (Mark 8:22-26)
>
> Jesus heals a blind man at Bethsaida, a
> miracle that symbolizes the gradual
> understanding of His disciples regarding
> His identity and mission.
>
> 5. Peter's Confession of Christ (Mark
> 8:27-30)
>
> Peter declares Jesus as the Christ,
> marking a crucial point in the Gospel.
> This confession underlines the
> recognition of Jesus’ messianic identity
> despite misunderstandings about His
> mission.
>
> 6. Jesus Predicts His Death and
> Resurrection (Mark 8:31-38)
>
> Jesus teaches His disciples about His
> upcoming suffering, death, and
> resurrection, challenging their
> expectations of a political Messiah and
> emphasizing the sacrificial nature of
> His kingdom.
>
> Attitudes to Possess
>
> 1. Faith Over Demand for Signs
>
> Believers should trust in Jesus’
> provision and presence, not constantly
> seeking new signs or wonders to bolster
> faith.
>
> 2. Vigilance Against Corruption
>
> Christians must be alert to the
> influence of corrupt teaching and
> hypocrisy, embodying discernment in
> their spiritual lives.
>
> 3. Understanding of Christ’s Mission
>
> Followers of Jesus need a deep
> understanding of His sacrificial death
> and resurrection, embracing the gospel
> in its full context.
>
> Actions to Take
>
> 1. Deny Oneself
>
> Christians are called to put aside their
> own desires and priorities, focusing
> instead on following Jesus’ example of
> selflessness and service.
>
> 2. Take Up the Cross
>
> Believers must be willing to face
> hardship, persecution, and even death
> for the sake of Christ, understanding
> the cost of discipleship.
>
> 3. Follow Jesus
>
> Following Jesus involves a commitment to
> live according to His teachings and
> example, embodying His love and grace in
> daily life.
>
> Word of Exhortation for the Believer
>
> As you walk the path of discipleship,
> remember that following Jesus is both a
> profound privilege and a profound
> challenge. It requires a heart willing
> to surrender fully to His will, eyes
> open to see His truth, and hands ready
> to serve in His love. Let the journey of

You see how these sinner religionists are always talking about their
bible theology; talkers not doers, or as I call them, shouldas...

(KJV)
Job 42:5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine
eye seeth thee.
Job 42:6 Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

(KJV)
Luke 9:24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever
will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

And no matter how many times you tell them theology can't save them,
they just carry on in their way.

Why? Why do they do it?

It is an attempt to create a sanctuary for not losing their life (sin).

Michael Christ

--
God is God in all His Being.

Jesus is the everlasting Father, Jesus is God, Jesus is the Lord. John
10:30  I and Father are one. If you can't see that the Lord Jesus is the
everlasting Father you are not born again and can't see the Kingdom of God.

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
YET sinners, Christ died for us.

Jeremiah 10:23 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it
is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Psalms 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt
are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that
hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

"To seek your own will is to seek your own glory."

"If God is not first in everything He is not first in anything."

"What makes the bible the truth? The resonance (voice, the Person) of
God. When you find Him you have found the author."

"All men were born sinners. Why? Because all men were born not loving
God with all their heart, soul, and mind. An abomination. Therefore,
sin is not what you do; it is what you are."

"Compromise will condemn you."

"There are no sinners in Christ Jesus."

"My sons are born of Me. In them is no darkness at all."

"You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
know that?"

"The way of truth is the testimony of life."

"I merely speak the truth, what is revealed to me, and the cards fall
where God intends."

"Nothing that is produced is produced without first being faith."

"You can only find proof of God through faith because that is how we all
live, by faith."

"It is not what you do that matters, it is how you treat Me."

"Keep going forward. Forget about the past. Lift up your head, look
ahead."

Click here to read the complete article

interests / alt.bible / Re: Mark 8: Deny yourself and take up the cross