Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 16:08:16 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Hunter Lee Clemons, 22, Jacksonville, Florida, drug overdose
(family's candid obituary)
From: Beaver_F...@live.com (Topic Cop)
 by: Topic Cop - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 00:08 UTC

https://www.williamsfuneralhomes.net/obituaries/Hunter-Clemons/#!/Obituary

ter Lee Clemons
Hunter Lee Clemons, 22, of Jacksonville, Florida passed away Thursday, February 10, 2022 of an overdose after a long battle with addiction. Hunter was born in Jacksonville, Florida on January 26, 2000. He grew up in Lafayette, Louisiana.
Hunter is survived by his mother, Christy Couvillier and her husband, Jeremy Sonnier, Curt Couviller (step-father), Johnny Clemons (biological father), Ashlynn Clemons (sister), Elijah Couvillier (brother), Brooklyn Clemons (sister), grandparents Jerry & Vickie Shanks, Larry & Ann Couvillier, Dorothy Nutt, and Richard & Dolores Demmin. He is also survived by numerous aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews, friends and recovering members of Lafayette.
Hunter had a heart of gold; anyone from his childhood or adult life could confirm. He was kind, funny, charismatic, selfless, loyal, and always tried to find the positive in any situation. In turn, doing his best to block out the negatives, which is where his addiction came into play. Drugs offered Hunter an escape from his demons he faced throughout his life.
On July 23, 2019, he overdosed on heroin laced with fentanyl and was on life support for four days before he woke up. After being released from the hospital, Hunter went and completed drug rehab and decided to start a new life back in Jacksonville, Florida.
He thrived after moving to Florida. He started a job as a valve tech at Flotech, Inc and went fishing every chance he got. He loved spending his days outside on the water or with his roommates. His family would like to speak the truth about his death. Silence would mean Hunter's death was in vain, but if one person's life is saved by his story, we would tell it a million more times. We know the pain of his suffering. We know the pain of our own suffering as his family, and we know there are hundreds of other people here in our community suffering as addicts or as loved ones to them. Speaking the truths (no matter the circumstances) surrounding the epidemic of drug use may be the difference between life and death for someone. In honor of Hunter's life, we ask that truth be spread in regards to this epidemic and awareness be raised.
Hunter’s life will be celebrated at 1:00 PM Saturday, February 19, 2022 at Williams Funeral Home in Opelousas, LA.
Share words of comfort with the family of Hunter Lee Clemons on his Permanent Life Tribute Page at www.williamsfuneralhomes.net. Be the first to post your most treasured memory of Hunter. Show your support by sharing a personal message or story, meaningful photo or video, or record a video message using your webcam. On behalf of the family, we encourage you share your personal experiences and preserve the memory of Hunter Lee Clemons for future generations to come.

Final arrangements entrusted to Williams Funeral Home of Opelousas, 817 E. South Street, 337-942-2037.

To send flowers or a memorial gift to the family of Hunter Lee Clemons please visit our Sympathy Store.