From: le...@top.put.com (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Sir Christopher Mallaby 1936-2022
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 07:33:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 07:33 UTC

The Times of London and others are reporting that
Sir Christopher Mallaby,born July 7th 1936,died on February 28th 2022.

When stationed at the UK Mission to the United Nations in the 1970s
he was among the diplomats who rented weekend cottages from my family;
he went on to become the UK's Ambassador to Germany (1988-1992) and
France (1993-96) (ceremonially travelling through the Channel Tunnel
to take up the latter position before it opened to regular traffic).
He was ultimately made a Knight Grand Cross of both the Order of
St. Michael & St. George (traditionally awarded to diplomats) and
the Royal Victorian Order (associated with personal service to the
Monarch,frequently granted at levels commensurate to rank to those
assisting on a State Visit).

I communicated briefly with him in 2015 since Who's Who had an
email address for him and I wanted one of the diplomat ex-tenants
to pass on word of my father's death to the others.

-=-=-

interests / alt.obituaries / Sir Christopher Mallaby 1936-2022