From: zin...@reno.us (zinn)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.food.fast-food,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sac.politics,alt.politics.democrats
Subject: McDonald's unveils first automated location, social media worried it will cut 'millions' of jobs
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 10:27:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: zinn - Thu, 29 Dec 2022 10:27 UTC

McDonald�s opened its first automated restaurant, with machines handling
everything from taking orders to delivering the food � and dividing
opinions everywhere.

"When you step inside the test restaurant concept, you'll notice it's
considerably smaller than a traditional McDonald's restaurant in the
U.S.," McDonald�s said in a statement. "Why? The features�inside and
outside�are geared toward customers who are planning to dine at home or on
the go."

The Fort Worth, Texas, location uses technology to minimize human
interaction when ordering and picking up food. The restaurant features an
"Order Ahead Lane" where customers can receive orders by conveyor belt,
Newsweek reported.

The initiative is part of McDonald�s "Accelerating the Arches" plan, which
works to grow and innovate the customer experience, but not everyone is
pleased with the direction the restaurant chain has chosen.

MCDONALD'S FRANCHISEE FINED $57K AFTER INVESTIGATION OVER CHILD LABOR
VIOLATION

TikTok user @foodiemunster shared a video of their experience, which
showed the user going into a small but empty McDonald�s with one kiosk to
order food and a conveyor belt that delivers it when ready.

"Inside the restaurant, there's a delivery pick-up room for couriers to
retrieve orders quickly and conveniently," McDonald�s explained in its
statement. "There are also kiosks, where customers can place their orders
to go, and a pick-up shelf for orders."

"Outside the restaurant, there are several parking spaces dedicated to
curbside order pick-up, as well as designated parking spaces for delivery
drivers."

McDonald's stressed that a restaurant crew will remain to help prepare the
orders, and the removal of tasks such as handling the register and
delivering food to the front or drive-thru lanes will help improve the
team's ability to assemble orders.

"The technology in this restaurant not only allows us to serve our
customers in new, innovative ways, it gives our restaurant team the
ability to concentrate more on order speed and accuracy, which makes the
experience more enjoyable for everyone," explains Keith Vanecek, the
franchisee operating the test restaurant.

"I am immensely proud to have this new restaurant concept serving our
customers in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex."

Social media response indicated people did not universally agree whether
this was a positive or negative change: Some people celebrated the
innovation as a move towards faster and more accurate orders, but others
took a more cynical position and predicted that it would lead to a loss of
"millions of jobs."

"Honestly, if they go through with this I'll just boycott McDonald's.
Their food's mid at best anyway," one user said.

McDonald�s did not respond to a FOX Business request for comment by time
of publication.

<https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/mcdonalds-unveils-first-automated-
location-social-media-worried-will-cut-millions-jobs>

Re: McDonald's unveils first automated location, social media worried it will cut 'millions' of jobs

<odctqhdbuahf1hcaf8sbiknugs1ejailg5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12220&group=alt.food.fast-food#12220

From: x...@yz.com (K Wills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 01:39:16 -0800
 by: K Wills - Fri, 30 Dec 2022 09:39 UTC

On Thu, 29 Dec 2022 10:27:13 -0000 (UTC), zinn <zinn@reno.us> wrote:

[...]

>Social media response indicated people did not universally agree whether
>this was a positive or negative change: Some people celebrated the
>innovation as a move towards faster and more accurate orders, but others
>took a more cynical position and predicted that it would lead to a loss of
>"millions of jobs."

It's the logical result of people without any skills wanting more
money for doing high school oriented jobs.

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Re: McDonald's unveils first automated location, social media worried it will cut 'millions' of jobs

<5autqhta6b8kk3os6ak48f82m3c6o9asu4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12225&group=alt.food.fast-food#12225

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 06:50:28 -0800
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Fri, 30 Dec 2022 14:50 UTC

On Fri, 30 Dec 2022 01:39:16 -0800, K Wills <x@yz.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Dec 2022 10:27:13 -0000 (UTC), zinn <zinn@reno.us> wrote:
>
>[...]
>
>>Social media response indicated people did not universally agree whether
>>this was a positive or negative change: Some people celebrated the
>>innovation as a move towards faster and more accurate orders, but others
>>took a more cynical position and predicted that it would lead to a loss of
>>"millions of jobs."
>
> It's the logical result of people without any skills wanting more
>money for doing high school oriented jobs.

Just as an example, a few White Castle locations are experimenting
with a burger making machine called Flippy.

https://misorobotics.com/flippy-2/

Flippy rents for $3,000 a month.

Given that a White Castle can be open 24 hours a day, that's 720 hours
month. $3,000 / 720 = $4.17 per hour.

No sick days. No coming in late. No "family emergencies." No training.
No benefits. No getting pregnant. No screaming racial epithets at
customers.

Re: McDonald's unveils first automated location, social media worried it will cut 'millions' of jobs

<vouvqhlepv37o71204unra8ppje5d6nnpm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12233&group=alt.food.fast-food#12233

From: x...@yz.com (KWILLS)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 01:05:33 -0800
 by: KWILLS - Sat, 31 Dec 2022 09:05 UTC

On Fri, 30 Dec 2022 06:50:28 -0800, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 30 Dec 2022 01:39:16 -0800, K Wills <x@yz.com> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 29 Dec 2022 10:27:13 -0000 (UTC), zinn <zinn@reno.us> wrote:
>>
>>[...]
>>
>>>Social media response indicated people did not universally agree whether
>>>this was a positive or negative change: Some people celebrated the
>>>innovation as a move towards faster and more accurate orders, but others
>>>took a more cynical position and predicted that it would lead to a loss of
>>>"millions of jobs."
>>
>> It's the logical result of people without any skills wanting more
>>money for doing high school oriented jobs.
>
>Just as an example, a few White Castle locations are experimenting
>with a burger making machine called Flippy.
>
>https://misorobotics.com/flippy-2/
>
>Flippy rents for $3,000 a month.
>
>Given that a White Castle can be open 24 hours a day, that's 720 hours
>month. $3,000 / 720 = $4.17 per hour.

The last time I visited a White Castle was when I lived in
suburban Chicago in the early 90's. All of the restaurants were 24
hours at the time. But the use of a robot is still cheaper for the
restaurant.

>No sick days. No coming in late. No "family emergencies." No training.
>No benefits. No getting pregnant. No screaming racial epithets at
>customers.

Some very real benefits.

--
When cryptography is outlawed,
bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir cevinpl.

Re: McDonald's unveils first automated location, social media worried it will cut 'millions' of jobs

<tp1hea$1sfl$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12244&group=alt.food.fast-food#12244

Followup: alt.eat-shit.and-die.asshole
From: david.ke...@pisscent.org (%)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food,alt.atheism,alt.survival
Subject: Re: McDonald's unveils first automated location, social media worried
it will cut 'millions' of jobs
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2023 10:26:02 -0500
 by: % - Tue, 3 Jan 2023 15:26 UTC

KWILLS wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Dec 2022 06:50:28 -0800, KlausSchadenfreude
> <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 30 Dec 2022 01:39:16 -0800, K Wills <x@yz.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, 29 Dec 2022 10:27:13 -0000 (UTC), zinn <zinn@reno.us> wrote:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> It's the logical result of people without any skills wanting more
>>> money for doing high school oriented jobs.
>>
>> Just as an example, a few White Castle locations are experimenting
>> with a burger making machine called Flippy.
>>
>> https://misorobotics.com/flippy-2/
>>
>> Flippy rents for $3,000 a month.
>>
>> Given that a White Castle can be open 24 hours a day, that's 720 hours
>> month. $3,000 / 720 = $4.17 per hour.
>>

> The last time I visited a White Castle was when I lived in
> suburban Chicago in the early 90's. All of the restaurants were 24
> hours at the time. But the use of a robot is still cheaper for the
> restaurant.
>
>> No sick days. No coming in late. No "family emergencies." No training.
>> No benefits. No getting pregnant. No screaming racial epithets at
>> customers.
>
> Some very real benefits.

klaus is a fag like you and unable to deal with anything, hence his
decisison to be the jolly kone cock sucker, Sztajnberg

Klaus Schadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreude.löschen.@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bring Your Cock To the Jolly Kone!!!
> It's The Central Valley's Fellatio Zone!
> If You're On The Left or On The Right
> I'll Suck Your Cock and I Won't Bite!
> I'll Make You Cum and I'll Make you Moan!
> Klaus Will Make Sure You Get Blown!
> On Your Cock My Skills I'll Hone!
> My Expertise Is Quite Well Known!
> That Talent, You Know, Is Unconcealed!
> I've Sucked Every Cock In Bakersfield!
> Watch Me Work That Hardened Bone!
> I'm Right On Top Of The Skull Fuck Throne?!

interests / alt.food.fast-food / McDonald's unveils first automated location, social media worried it will cut 'millions' of jobs