From: x...@yz.com (KWILLS)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: 8 Fast-Food Chains That Use Pure Ground Beef for Their Burgers
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2023 01:16:57 -0800
 by: KWILLS - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 09:16 UTC

https://www.eatthis.com/fast-food-chains-pure-beef-burgers/

Decades ago, my wife and I worked part time for Wendy's while
furthering our education. The patties were 100% beef. But, at the time
at least, more than just muscle meat was used. Well, the parts of the
beef lips that were used did contain muscle, but it's not what most
would think of as muscle meat.
Of course, I have no idea how it's done now. It is possible "beef
lips" are still a part of the ground beef. I do know the burgers were
very good at the time. I'm not aware of anyone getting sick as a
result of the lips being used.
It makes sense from a financial POV. I'll be making up numbers,
but let's say a pound of ground chuck cost $1.00 at the time. Mix 3/4
ground chuck and 1/4 other beef parts, and the cost could drop to 80¢
a pound. I presumed, but never actually knew, all fast food burgers
used similar, if not the same, cost cutting options.

--
When the world ends, there'll be no more air.
That's why it's important to pollute the air now. Before it's too

Re: 8 Fast-Food Chains That Use Pure Ground Beef for Their Burgers

<ropnrhpj6p593gmf3ngkh0jsbpadvqlqrl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12279&group=alt.food.fast-food#12279

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2023 02:07:16 -0800
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Mon, 9 Jan 2023 10:07 UTC

On Mon, 09 Jan 2023 01:16:57 -0800, KWILLS <x@yz.com> wrote:

>https://www.eatthis.com/fast-food-chains-pure-beef-burgers/
>
> Decades ago, my wife and I worked part time for Wendy's while
>furthering our education. The patties were 100% beef. But, at the time
>at least, more than just muscle meat was used. Well, the parts of the
>beef lips that were used did contain muscle, but it's not what most
>would think of as muscle meat.
> Of course, I have no idea how it's done now. It is possible "beef
>lips" are still a part of the ground beef. I do know the burgers were
>very good at the time. I'm not aware of anyone getting sick as a
>result of the lips being used.
> It makes sense from a financial POV. I'll be making up numbers,
>but let's say a pound of ground chuck cost $1.00 at the time. Mix 3/4
>ground chuck and 1/4 other beef parts, and the cost could drop to 80¢
>a pound. I presumed, but never actually knew, all fast food burgers
>used similar, if not the same, cost cutting options.

Well, I suppose beef lips aren't all that appetizing looking unless
you're from a culture that eats that sort of thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNPqBYHdgKs
but beef is beef once it's ground up, I suppose.

interests / alt.food.fast-food / Re: 8 Fast-Food Chains That Use Pure Ground Beef for Their Burgers