From: nos...@home.com (St Paul)
Newsgroups: mn.general,alt.education,talk.politics.guns
Subject: Bemidji State University set to lay off 23 employees
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 19:46:19 -0000 (UTC)
 by: St Paul - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 19:46 UTC

This week Bemidji State University in northwest Minnesota announced it
will lay off 23 employees after this semester.

The decision was made to address a $9 million loss in revenue which also
created a $9 million deficit for the university. BSU attributes this to an
almost 20 percent decrease in enrollment in the dawn of COVID-19.

�We've made some operational cuts and offered some early retirement
incentives that have helped us,� BSU President John Hoffman said, �but in
order to bridge the gap and be good stewards of the dollars that come to
us from students and taxpayers and donors, we do need to enact some
layoffs, to better align our workforce with our current and projected
student enrollment.�

The layoffs are scheduled for May 23.

<https://www.mprnews.org/story/2023/03/17/bemidji-state-university-set-to-
lay-off-23-employees>