Fools rush in -- and get the best seats in the house.

interests / alt.obituaries / Re: June Brown, 95, actress, best known for role of Dot Cotton in the long running British TV soap Eastenders

SubjectAuthor
* June Brown, 95, actress, best known for role of Dot Cotton in theMichael Rhodes
`- Re: June Brown, 95, actress, best known for role of Dot Cotton in the long runniLouis Epstein

1
June Brown, 95, actress, best known for role of Dot Cotton in the long running British TV soap Eastenders

<9232f780-b7d6-437d-8034-1191d4e11ed5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12418&group=alt.obituaries#12418

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 05:31:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: June Brown, 95, actress, best known for role of Dot Cotton in the
long running British TV soap Eastenders
From: mig73all...@yahoo.co.uk (Michael Rhodes)
 by: Michael Rhodes - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 12:31 UTC

British soap star June Brown, best known for her role as Dot Cotton, in the long running BBC soap Eastenders, has died at the age of 95.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/18160596/june-brown-death-dot-cotton-news-cause-eastenders-tributes/

June Brown was an English actress and author. She was best known for her role as Dot Cotton on the BBC soap opera EastEnders (1985–1993; 1997–2020).

In 2005, she won Best Actress at the Inside Soap Awards and received the Lifetime Achievement award at the British Soap Awards.

Brown was appointed a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the 2008 Birthday Honours for services to drama and to charity.

In 2009, she was nominated for the BAFTA TV Award for Best Actress, making her the second performer to receive a BAFTA nomination for their work in a soap opera, after Jean Alexander. It was announced in February 2020 that Brown had decided to leave EastEnders permanently, at the age of 93.

Re: June Brown, 95, actress, best known for role of Dot Cotton in the long running British TV soap Eastenders

<t2grif$oce$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12425&group=alt.obituaries#12425

From: le...@top.put.com (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Re: June Brown, 95, actress, best known for role of Dot Cotton in the long running British TV soap Eastenders
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 07:36:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 07:36 UTC

Michael Rhodes <mig73allenford2002@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> British soap star June Brown, best known for her role as Dot Cotton, in the long running BBC soap Eastenders, has died at the age of 95.
>
> https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/18160596/june-brown-death-dot-cotton-news-cause-eastenders-tributes/
>
> June Brown was an English actress and author. She was best known for her role as Dot Cotton on the BBC soap opera EastEnders (1985?1993; 1997?2020).
>
> In 2005, she won Best Actress at the Inside Soap Awards and received the Lifetime Achievement award at the British Soap Awards.
>
> Brown was appointed a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the 2008 Birthday Honours for services to drama and to charity.
>
> In 2009, she was nominated for the BAFTA TV Award for Best Actress, making her the second performer to receive a BAFTA nomination for their work in a soap opera, after Jean Alexander. It was announced in February 2020 that Brown had decided to leave EastEnders permanently, at the age of 93.

Yet the years-older June Spencer continues on "The Archers" last I heard.

-=-=-