From: nos...@home.com (St Paul)
Subject: Re: Rancher rips Utah teacher's climate assignment encouraging kids
to eat bugs over beef: 'Junk science'
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 06:49:33 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.education, sac.politics, sci.bio.food-science,
talk.politics.guns, utah.general
 by: St Paul - Mon, 20 Mar 2023 05:49 UTC

On 03 Oct 2021, Ken <Ken@invalid.com> posted some

> MattB. wrote
>
> Liberal teachers should all be exterminated. Like bugs.

Ateacher from Utah's Nebo School district went viral for doling out an
extra credit assignment encouraging students to eat insects for a lesson
on climate change and claiming that doing so would alleviate some of the
harm done by raising cattle and eating beef, according to information
obtained by Fox News Digital.

"Should we be eating bugs?" teacher Kim Cutler asked in a video that aired
Sunday on "Fox & Friends Weekend." "Yeah, because we're killing the world
by raising cows and animals," she continued.

Will Harris, a fourth-generation Georgia cattleman, pushed back against
the notion.

UTAH SCHOOL GIVES KIDS �DISGUSTING� INSECTS TO EAT IN CLASS FOR CLIMATE
ASSIGNMENT ON COWS KILLING EARTH

"It's an example of a fanatic attempting to force her interpretation of
science onto someone under her control," he told co-host Rachel Campos-
Duffy. "It's a presupposition and is completely improper."

Harris said he agrees with environmental scientists' consensus that
industrialized cattle production is wreaking havoc on the environment, but
said the Utah teacher's blanket remarks about cattle "killing the planet"
are overreaching.

"For her to extrapolate that, that all cattle production is harmful, is
absolutely a fanatical embracement of junk science."

MOM VOWS TO TAKE ACTION AFTER TEACHER ENCOURAGED HER DAUGHTER TO EAT
INSECTS FOR CLIMATE CHANGE PROJECT

The contentious climate change assignment instructed sixth graders to
write an argumentative essay about the benefits of eating insects for
protein instead of cattle since cows notoriously, according to the climate
agenda, destroy the ozone layer by releasing methane gas.

Students were allegedly not permitted to take a different stance in their
essays, however.

"[My daughter] wasn't given an option to give an argument," concerned mom
Amanda Wright said of the essay during a meeting with administrators.

FARMER SPEAKS OUT AGAINST FORCING COWS TO WEAR DIAPERS TO CONTAIN METHANE
EMISSIONS: �GONE TO LOONY TOWN�

School district administrators defended the decision by claiming the
assignment asked students to provide evidence supporting the viability of
eating insects to save the planet.

"How come we can't state our opinion and write that we shouldn't be eating
bugs?" Wright asked teacher Kim Cutler.

Cutler responded, "Because we don't have any evidence to support it."

Still, Harris said the argument fails to consider other types of farming,
including grassfed farming, that focus more on the land and animal than a
more industrialized approach.

"I am the fourth generation to manage this farm, and those four
generations of 150 years have gone full cycle from a production model that
was very focused on the animals, the land and the community to, under my
father's watch and my early watch, a very industrial commodity, a
centralized approach and now back to production models based on doing the
right thing for the land, the animals and the community," he said.

Harris maintained nutrition should be a personal choice, citing evidence
that other cultures choose to eat insects.

<https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/rancher-rips-utah-teacher-s-climate-
assignment-encouraging-kids-to-eat-bugs-over-beef-junk-science/ar-
AA18ONtf?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=10032bd8b3124a1d9339f08dfcfba9af&ei=72>