From: inva...@gmail.com (Ash)
Subject: Re: Melania Trump's 'high teas' under investigation in Florida
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 19:47:33 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.california, alt.education, alt.politics.homosexuality,
alt.politics.republicans, talk.politics.guns
 by: Ash - Mon, 20 Mar 2023 18:47 UTC

On 05 Mar 2022, PaxPerPoten <PaxPerPoten@magik.beanz.net> posted some

> The country is falling apart and all Rudy can do is cry about Trump.

A former teacher who made national news nearly two decades ago when she
tried to retain her job at a Sacramento-area high school while
transitioning from male to female has been charged in an Oakland triple
homicide. Dana Rivers, 61, of San Jose was arrested early Friday in
Oakland on suspicion of killing Patricia Wright, 57; Wright�s wife,
Charlotte Reed, 56; and the couple�s 19-year-old son, Toto Diambu-Wright.
Police said the two women were both stabbed and shot, and the man was
stabbed. They were pronounced dead at the scene. Police said Rivers was
covered in blood and about to ride away on Reed�s motorcycle when she was
arrested. Authorities say the motive might have been a dispute over
property. She was booked into Alameda County Jail on three counts of
murder, arson and possession of metal knuckles. Police say Rivers set the
house on fire where the three were found in the 9400 block of Dunbar Drive
about 12:30 a.m. Friday. Oakland Fire Department firefighters quickly
extinguished the blaze. Diambu-Wright was an aspiring nurse who was
attending college in Oakland and working at Walmart. Wright and Reed had
been married for more than a year and had three children between them, the
Mercury News reported. Friends said Reed was a veteran of the U.S. Air
Force and owned a hair salon in San Jose. Wright worked part-time at an
elementary school in Oakland as a computer teacher, a school district
spokesman said. Rivers is the former David Warfield, a teacher at Center
High School in Antelope in the 1990s. She taught American history and
broadcast journalism, and was suspended in 1999 after disclosing plans to
undergo sexual reassignment. She eventually resigned. In 1993, she won the
school�s �Stand and Deliver� award given to the teacher who best
demonstrates the standards of the famed math teacher Jaime Escalante.
Rivers grew up in the south Bay Area. As a boy, she served as an acolyte
in the Lutheran church and was occasionally the target of bullies in
school. �From as far back as I can remember, I felt different,� Rivers
said in a Sacramento Bee profile in 1999. �I got Tonka trucks for
Christmas and it didn�t feel right. I was socialized as a boy, but I
didn�t feel as though I belonged. One of our neighbors had a playhouse in
the yard and I remember very clearly wanting to be the mother.� She
rebelled as a teen, skipping classes, experimenting with drugs and moving
out of his family home. She joined the Navy and served for three years, as
the internal struggle with her gender intensified. After leaving the Navy,
Rivers moved to Orange County, where she earned a college degree and
developed an interest in teaching. She served on a school board in
Huntington Beach and worked in an administrative post for the American
Federation of Teachers. In 1990, after moving back to Northern California
and earning a teaching credential, Rivers got a job at Center High School.
She was suspended in 1999 and eventually resigned. Rivers, who had started
hormone therapy, had been accused by the board of trustees of
inappropriately discussing her gender transition with students. She later
accepted a $150,000 settlement from the district. By 2001, at 45 years
old, Rivers was living in the South Bay and had followed intensive
hormonal therapy with complex surgery to create female sex organs. She was
working on a book and was an activist for transgender people like herself.
At the time, Rivers was also hoping to return to the classroom, but it
unclear how she was making a living at the time of her arrest last week.
Bee staff writer Cynthia Hubert and The Associated Press contributed to
this report. Bill Lindelof: 916-321-1079, @Lindelofnews

<https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article115107563.html>