From: inva...@gmail.com (Ash)
Subject: Re: Former Sacramento transgender FAGGOT teacher arrested in Oakland
triple homicide
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 20:52:38 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.california, alt.education, alt.politics.homosexuality,
alt.politics.republicans, talk.politics.guns
 by: Ash - Mon, 20 Mar 2023 19:52 UTC

On 05 Mar 2022, PaxPerPoten <PaxPerPoten@magik.beanz.net> posted some

> The country is falling apart and all Rudy can do is cry about Trump.

A Sacramento area teacher who made national news nearly two decades ago
when she tried to retain her job at a Sacramento high school while
undergoing a sex change, has been charged in an Oakland triple homicide.

Dana Rivers, 61, of San Jose was arrested in Oakland on Friday on
suspicion of killing Patricia Wright, 57, Charlotte Reed, 56, and 19-year-
old Toto Diambu. Police said that the three suffered fatal gunshot and
stab wounds.

Police said Rivers was arrested by officers in the early morning hours
Friday. She was booked into Alameda County Jail on three counts of murder,
arson and possession of metal knuckles.

Police believe that Rivers set the house on fire where the three were
found on the 9400 block of Dunbar Drive about 12:30 a.m. Friday. Oakland
Fire Department firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze.

Rivers was identified by the East Bay Times and other media outlets as the
former David Warfield, a teacher at Center High School in Antelope in the
1990s. Warfield, who taught American history and broadcast journalism, was
suspended in 1999 after disclosing plans to undergo a sex change. He
eventually resigned.

In 1993, she won the school�s �Stand and Deliver� award given to the
teacher who best demonstrates the standards of the late, famed math
teacher Jaime Escalante.

Warfield grew up in the south Bay Area. He served as an acolyte, or altar
boy, in the Lutheran church and was occasionally the target of bullies in
school.

�From as far back as I can remember, I felt different,� Rivers said in a
Sacramento Bee profile in 1999. �I got Tonka trucks for Christmas and it
didn�t feel right. I was socialized as a boy, but I didn�t feel as though
I belonged. One of our neighbors had a play house in the yard and I
remember very clearly wanting to be the mother.�

He rebelled as a teen, skipping classes, experimenting with drugs and
moving out of his family home. He joined the Navy and lasted three years,
as the internal struggle with his gender intensified.

After leaving the Navy, he moved to Orange County, where he earned a
college degree and developed an interest in teaching. He served on a
school board in Huntington Beach and worked in an administrative post for
the American Federation of Teachers.

Along the way, he maintained a close relationship with his daughter.

In 1990, after moving back to Northern California and earning a teaching
credential, he got a job at Center High School. In 1999, he was suspended
after revealing information about a planned sex change.

<https://www.tacticalshit.com/former-sacramento-transgender-teacher-
arrested-in-oakland-triple-homicide/>