Dead? No excuse for laying off work.

interests / alt.obituaries / Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuit

SubjectAuthor
* Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuitLouis Epstein
`* Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuitKenny McCormack
 `* Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuitLouis Epstein
  `* Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuitLouis Epstein
   +* Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuitA Friend
   |+- Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuitAdam H. Kerman
   |`* Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuitLouis Epstein
   | `* Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuitAdam H. Kerman
   |  `* Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuitLouis Epstein
   |   `* Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuitLouis Epstein
   |    `* Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuitLouis Epstein
   |     `- Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuitLouis Epstein
   `- Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuitAdam H. Kerman

1
Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuit

<suh6vh$fod$1@reader1.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12012&group=alt.obituaries#12012

From: le...@top.put.com (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuit
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 21:46:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 21:46 UTC

This Variety article includes a video compiled by the lawyers
for the Hutchins family in their lawsuit,and the text of the
legal complaint.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/halyna-hutchins-wrongful-death-lawsuit-1235182354/

-=-=-

Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuit

<suit5l$hjno$1@news.xmission.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12014&group=alt.obituaries#12014

From: gaze...@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuit
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 13:11:17 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: gazelle@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
 by: Kenny McCormack - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 13:11 UTC

In article <suh6vh$fod$1@reader1.panix.com>,
Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:
>This Variety article includes a video compiled by the lawyers
>for the Hutchins family in their lawsuit,and the text of the
>legal complaint.
>
>https://variety.com/2022/film/news/halyna-hutchins-wrongful-death-lawsuit-1235182354/

When I first saw this thread, the first 5 things that went through my mind
were "Who is Halyna Hutchins?"

Then, after thinking for a bit, I remembered. Most people will think of
this as the "Alec Baldwin" case.

So, that may help other readers in placing this in context.

http://user.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/WeekendAwayFromHome

Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuit

<suscl6$98n$2@reader1.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12034&group=alt.obituaries#12034

From: le...@top.put.com (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 03:30:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Sun, 20 Feb 2022 03:30 UTC

Kenny McCormack <gazelle@shell.xmission.com> wrote:
> In article <suh6vh$fod$1@reader1.panix.com>,
> Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:
>>This Variety article includes a video compiled by the lawyers
>>for the Hutchins family in their lawsuit,and the text of the
>>legal complaint.
>>
>>https://variety.com/2022/film/news/halyna-hutchins-wrongful-death-lawsuit-1235182354/
>
> When I first saw this thread, the first 5 things that went through my mind
> were "Who is Halyna Hutchins?"
>
> Then, after thinking for a bit, I remembered. Most people will think of
> this as the "Alec Baldwin" case.

Well,she's the one who died,so it makes sense to file under
her name in an obituary context.
> So, that may help other readers in placing this in context.

-=-=-

Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuit

<t3qicj$p4k$1@reader1.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12568&group=alt.obituaries#12568

From: le...@top.put.com (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 03:17:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 03:17 UTC

Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:
> Kenny McCormack <gazelle@shell.xmission.com> wrote:
>> In article <suh6vh$fod$1@reader1.panix.com>,
>> Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:
>>>This Variety article includes a video compiled by the lawyers
>>>for the Hutchins family in their lawsuit,and the text of the
>>>legal complaint.
>>>
>>>https://variety.com/2022/film/news/halyna-hutchins-wrongful-death-lawsuit-1235182354/
>>
>> When I first saw this thread, the first 5 things that went through my mind
>> were "Who is Halyna Hutchins?"
>>
>> Then, after thinking for a bit, I remembered. Most people will think of
>> this as the "Alec Baldwin" case.
>
> Well,she's the one who died,so it makes sense to file under
> her name in an obituary context.

After a regulatory finding & fine that his production company is
appealing,Baldwin is saying he has been exonerated in the death
of Hutchins...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10737551/

>> So, that may help other readers in placing this in context.
>>

> -=-=-
> The World Trade Center towers MUST rise again,
> at least as tall as before...or terror has triumphed.

Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuit

<210420220734174396%nope@noway.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12572&group=alt.obituaries#12572

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 07:34:17 -0400
 by: A Friend - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 11:34 UTC

In article <t3qicj$p4k$1@reader1.panix.com>, Louis Epstein
<le@top.put.com> wrote:

> Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:
> > Kenny McCormack <gazelle@shell.xmission.com> wrote:

> >> When I first saw this thread, the first 5 things that went through my mind
> >> were "Who is Halyna Hutchins?"
> >>
> >> Then, after thinking for a bit, I remembered. Most people will think of
> >> this as the "Alec Baldwin" case.
> >
> > Well,she's the one who died,so it makes sense to file under
> > her name in an obituary context.

Sure, but adding "(Alec Baldwin)" to the header might not have been a
bad idea.

> After a regulatory finding & fine that his production company is
> appealing,Baldwin is saying he has been exonerated in the death
> of Hutchins...
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10737551/

He's exonerated only if he didn't aim the gun at her and "playfully"
pull the trigger. If it was truly an accident then yes, he's
exonerated -- legally, at least.

Guns are not toys, and you treat every one of them as if they were
loaded.

> >> So, that may help other readers in placing this in context.
> >>

> > -=-=-
> > The World Trade Center towers MUST rise again,
> > at least as tall as before...or terror has triumphed.

Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuit

<t3rtub$st0$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12575&group=alt.obituaries#12575

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 15:40:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 15:40 UTC

Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:
>Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:
>>Kenny McCormack <gazelle@shell.xmission.com> wrote:

>>>When I first saw this thread, the first 5 things that went through my mind
>>>were "Who is Halyna Hutchins?"

>>>Then, after thinking for a bit, I remembered. Most people will think of
>>>this as the "Alec Baldwin" case.

>>Well,she's the one who died,so it makes sense to file under
>>her name in an obituary context.

>After a regulatory finding & fine that his production company is
>appealing,Baldwin is saying he has been exonerated in the death
>of Hutchins...
>https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10737551/

Fiona: Can't we just shoot him?

>>>So, that may help other readers in placing this in context.

Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuit

<t3rvb1$r78$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12576&group=alt.obituaries#12576

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 16:04:49 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 16:04 UTC

A Friend wrote:
>Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:
>>Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:

>>>Well,she's the one who died,so it makes sense to file under
>>>her name in an obituary context.

>Sure, but adding "(Alec Baldwin)" to the header might not have been a
>bad idea.

>>After a regulatory finding & fine that his production company is
>>appealing,Baldwin is saying he has been exonerated in the death
>>of Hutchins...
>>https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10737551/

>He's exonerated only if he didn't aim the gun at her and "playfully"
>pull the trigger. If it was truly an accident then yes, he's
>exonerated -- legally, at least.

>Guns are not toys, and you treat every one of them as if they were
>loaded.

But that's why he committed a felony. He failed to do so.

Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuit

<t3s2mc$on4$1@reader1.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12577&group=alt.obituaries#12577

From: le...@top.put.com (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 17:02:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 17:02 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> In article <t3qicj$p4k$1@reader1.panix.com>, Louis Epstein
> <le@top.put.com> wrote:
>
>> Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:

>> > Well,she's the one who died,so it makes sense to file under
>> > her name in an obituary context.
>

> Sure, but adding "(Alec Baldwin)" to the header might not have been a
> bad idea.
>

>> After a regulatory finding & fine that his production company is
>> appealing,Baldwin is saying he has been exonerated in the death
>> of Hutchins...
>> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10737551/
>

> He's exonerated only if he didn't aim the gun at her and "playfully"
> pull the trigger. If it was truly an accident then yes, he's
> exonerated -- legally, at least.

His claim is that he only pulled back and released the hammer
without touching the trigger...
> Guns are not toys, and you treat every one of them as if they were
> loaded.

....and that the AD who handed it to him told him it was not loaded,
though there are no indications that either of them checked (I gather
that the by-the-books procedure involves the person handing the gun
to the person who will hold/use it showing what is or isn't in the
chambers then and there)?

>> > -=-=-
>> > The World Trade Center towers MUST rise again,
>> > at least as tall as before...or terror has triumphed.

Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuit

<t3s76b$qkc$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12578&group=alt.obituaries#12578

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 18:18:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 18:18 UTC

Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:
>A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>>Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:

>>. . .

[Alec Baldwin's production company]
>>>After a regulatory finding & fine that his production company is
>>>appealing,Baldwin is saying he has been exonerated in the death
>>>of Hutchins...
>>>https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10737551/

>>He's exonerated only if he didn't aim the gun at her and "playfully"
>>pull the trigger. If it was truly an accident then yes, he's
>>exonerated -- legally, at least.

>His claim is that he only pulled back and released the hammer
>without touching the trigger...

>>Guns are not toys, and you treat every one of them as if they were
>>loaded.

>...and that the AD who handed it to him told him it was not loaded,
>though there are no indications that either of them checked (I gather
>that the by-the-books procedure involves the person handing the gun
>to the person who will hold/use it showing what is or isn't in the
>chambers then and there)?

Each time the gun is transferred from one person to the next, both
parties are required to check that there is no live ammunition in the
chamber. Baldwin is not able to rely upon the unverified statement of
the moronic A.D. who had a history of serious safety violations on movie
sets.

Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuit

<t47r7n$igc$4@reader1.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12643&group=alt.obituaries#12643

From: le...@top.put.com (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 04:08:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 04:08 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:
>>A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>

>>>. . .
>
> [Alec Baldwin's production company]

>>>He's exonerated only if he didn't aim the gun at her and "playfully"
>>>pull the trigger. If it was truly an accident then yes, he's
>>>exonerated -- legally, at least.
>
>>His claim is that he only pulled back and released the hammer
>>without touching the trigger...
>
>>>Guns are not toys, and you treat every one of them as if they were
>>>loaded.
>
>>...and that the AD who handed it to him told him it was not loaded,
>>though there are no indications that either of them checked (I gather
>>that the by-the-books procedure involves the person handing the gun
>>to the person who will hold/use it showing what is or isn't in the
>>chambers then and there)?
>
> Each time the gun is transferred from one person to the next, both
> parties are required to check that there is no live ammunition in the
> chamber. Baldwin is not able to rely upon the unverified statement of
> the moronic A.D. who had a history of serious safety violations on movie
> sets.

Despite the longstanding narrative that the armorer either gave the
gun to the AD or left it outside the building on a table from which
he picked it up (supposedly being kept outside the building for
COVID-precaution reasons rather than being the one to deliver the
gun per her job description),apparently at the time of the incident
Baldwin was saying she was the one had given the gun to him...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10753157/

[article also includes photos of dying Hutchins being treated
by paramedics]

-=-=-

Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuit

<t49qhm$5ks$1@reader1.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12650&group=alt.obituaries#12650

From: le...@top.put.com (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 22:08:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 22:08 UTC

Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:
> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:

>> [Alec Baldwin's production company]

>>>His claim is that he only pulled back and released the hammer
>>>without touching the trigger...

>>>...and that the AD who handed it to him told him it was not loaded,
>>>though there are no indications that either of them checked (I gather
>>>that the by-the-books procedure involves the person handing the gun
>>>to the person who will hold/use it showing what is or isn't in the
>>>chambers then and there)?
>>
>> Each time the gun is transferred from one person to the next, both
>> parties are required to check that there is no live ammunition in the
>> chamber. Baldwin is not able to rely upon the unverified statement of
>> the moronic A.D. who had a history of serious safety violations on movie
>> sets.
>
> Despite the longstanding narrative that the armorer either gave the
> gun to the AD or left it outside the building on a table from which
> he picked it up (supposedly being kept outside the building for
> COVID-precaution reasons rather than being the one to deliver the
> gun per her job description),apparently at the time of the incident
> Baldwin was saying she was the one had given the gun to him...
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10753157/
>
> [article also includes photos of dying Hutchins being treated
> by paramedics]

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10753669/
is a regurgitation focused on the armorer.

> -=-=-
> The World Trade Center towers MUST rise again,
> at least as tall as before...or terror has triumphed.

Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuit

<t4d6p1$a9a$1@reader1.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12662&group=alt.obituaries#12662

From: le...@top.put.com (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 04:56:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 04:56 UTC

Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:
> Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> [Alec Baldwin's production company]

>>> Each time the gun is transferred from one person to the next, both
>>> parties are required to check that there is no live ammunition in the
>>> chamber. Baldwin is not able to rely upon the unverified statement of
>>> the moronic A.D. who had a history of serious safety violations on movie
>>> sets.
>>
>> Despite the longstanding narrative that the armorer either gave the
>> gun to the AD or left it outside the building on a table from which
>> he picked it up (supposedly being kept outside the building for
>> COVID-precaution reasons rather than being the one to deliver the
>> gun per her job description),apparently at the time of the incident
>> Baldwin was saying she was the one had given the gun to him...
>> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10753157/
>>
>> [article also includes photos of dying Hutchins being treated
>> by paramedics]
>
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10753669/
> is a regurgitation focused on the armorer.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10758575/
is today's dribbled-out refocused update with overlapping photos.
Covers Baldwin learning Hutchins died,and pushing a theory about
a rogue box of bullets.

>> -=-=-
>> The World Trade Center towers MUST rise again,
>> at least as tall as before...or terror has triumphed.

Re: Update on Halyna Hutchins lawsuit

<t4iqnq$dso$1@reader1.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12682&group=alt.obituaries#12682

From: le...@top.put.com (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 08:07:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 08:07 UTC

Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:
> Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:
>> Louis Epstein <le@top.put.com> wrote:

>>> Despite the longstanding narrative that the armorer either gave the
>>> gun to the AD or left it outside the building on a table from which
>>> he picked it up (supposedly being kept outside the building for
>>> COVID-precaution reasons rather than being the one to deliver the
>>> gun per her job description),apparently at the time of the incident
>>> Baldwin was saying she was the one had given the gun to him...
>>> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10753157/
>>>
>>> [article also includes photos of dying Hutchins being treated
>>> by paramedics]
>>
>> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10753669/
>> is a regurgitation focused on the armorer.
>
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10758575/
> is today's dribbled-out refocused update with overlapping photos.
> Covers Baldwin learning Hutchins died,and pushing a theory about
> a rogue box of bullets.

Focus on the armorer again:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10767421/