From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Wisconsin Fascism On The Rise
Date: 19 Nov 2021 14:56:20 -0000
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 14:56 UTC

| Republicans in Wisconsin are engaged in an all-out assault
| on the state's election system, building off their attempts
| to challenge the results of the 2020 presidential race by
| pressing to give themselves full control over voting in the
| state.
|
| The Republican effort -- broader and more forceful than
| that in any other state where allies of former President
| Donald J. Trump are trying to overhaul elections -- takes
| direct aim at the bipartisan Wisconsin Elections
| Commission, an agency Republicans created half a decade ago
| that has been under attack since the chaotic aftermath of
| last year's election.
<https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/19/us/politics/wisconsin-republicans-decertify-election.html>

--bks

Re: Wisconsin Fascism On The Rise

<N3QlJ.18003$Vt1.15359@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12685&group=alt.politics#12685

Subject: Re: Wisconsin Fascism On The Rise
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
From: notgen...@gmail.com (Rudy Canoza)
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 08:14:35 -0800
 by: Rudy Canoza - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 16:14 UTC

On 11/19/2021 6:56 AM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:

> | Republicans in Wisconsin are engaged in an all-out assault
> | on the state's election system, building off their attempts
> | to challenge the results of the 2020 presidential race by
> | pressing to give themselves full control over voting in the
> | state.
> |
> | The Republican effort -- broader and more forceful than
> | that in any other state where allies of former President
> | Donald J. Trump are trying to overhaul elections -- takes
> | direct aim at the bipartisan Wisconsin Elections
> | Commission, an agency Republicans created half a decade ago
> | that has been under attack since the chaotic aftermath of
> | last year's election.
> <https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/19/us/politics/wisconsin-republicans-decertify-election.html>

More:

The onslaught picked up late last month after a long-awaited report on the
2020 results that was ordered by Republican state legislators found no
evidence of fraud but made dozens of suggestions for the election commission
and the G.O.P.-led Legislature, fueling Republican demands for more control
of elections.

Then the Trump-aligned sheriff of Racine County, the state’s fifth most
populous county, recommended felony charges against five of the six members
of the election commission for guidance they had given to municipal clerks
early in the pandemic. The Republican majority leader of the State Senate
later seemed to give a green light to that proposal, saying that “prosecutors
around the state” should determine whether to bring charges.

And last week, Senator Ron Johnson, a Republican, said that G.O.P. state
lawmakers should unilaterally assert control of federal elections, claiming
that they had the authority to do so even if Gov. Tony Evers, a Democrat,
stood in their way — an extraordinary legal argument debunked by a 1932
Supreme Court decision and a 1964 ruling from the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
His suggestion was nonetheless echoed by Michael Gableman, a conservative
former State Supreme Court justice who is conducting the Legislature’s
election inquiry.

Republican control of Wisconsin elections is necessary, Mr. Johnson said in
an interview on Wednesday, because he believes Democrats cheat.

“Do I expect Democrats to follow the rules?” said the senator, who over the
past year has promoted fringe theories on topics like the Capitol riot and
Covid vaccines. “Unfortunately, I probably don’t expect them to follow the
rules. And other people don’t either, and that’s the problem.”

It is time to start taking down Republiscums/QAnon. The clear evidence is that
it is Republiscums/QAnon who cheat. This entire proposal is an effort at a
permanent Republiscum/QAnon cheat.