Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent. -- Wittgenstein

interests / alt.obituaries / Nick Cave announces death of son, Jethro, aged 30

SubjectAuthor
* Nick Cave announces death of son, Jethro, aged 30Big Mongo
`- Re: Nick Cave announces death of son, Jethro, aged 30Kenny McCormack

1
Nick Cave announces death of son, Jethro, aged 30

<dcfb61db-083b-49ff-9bd2-50cca897f69an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12765&group=alt.obituaries#12765

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 13:48:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Nick Cave announces death of son, Jethro, aged 30
From: bigmongo...@gmail.com (Big Mongo)
 by: Big Mongo - Mon, 9 May 2022 20:48 UTC

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-61383411

Nick Cave announces death of son, Jethro, aged 30
By Mark Savage
BBC Music Correspondent

Nick Cave has announced the death of his eldest son, Jethro Lazenby, at the age of 30.

"With much sadness, I can confirm that my son, Jethro, has passed away," the musician said in a statement.

"We would be grateful for family privacy at this time."

Lazenby, who worked as an actor and model, had recently been jailed for a violent attack on his mother, Beau Lazenby, at her home in Melbourne, Australia.

His death comes less than seven years after Cave's son Arthur died, aged 15, after falling from a cliff in Brighton.

An inquest heard that the teenager had taken LSD before the fall, which the coroner ruled as accidental.

Cave later wrote about the "vastness" of his grief, and said he felt Arthur with him all the time.

"I hear him talk to me, parent me, guide me, though he may not be there."

The musician, who is best known for his work with The Bad Seeds, later moved to Los Angeles with his wife because "Brighton had just become too sad".

"We did, however, return once we realised that, regardless of where we lived, we just took our sadness with us," he reflected.

Jethro Lazenby was born in Melbourne in 1991 and only learnt that Cave was his father at the age of eight.

He began modelling after being scouted in the city and had acting roles in the 2007 film Corroboree and 2011's My Little Princess, which starred Isabelle Huppert. He had also worked more recently as a photographer.

He had only been released on bail from Melbourne Remand Centre last Thursday, 5 May, after a magistrate instructed that he must undergo substance abuse treatment and avoid contact with his mother for the next two years.

Previously, a court had heard how Beau found her son at her front door on 7 March, 2022, and let him stay for the night.

The following morning, the pair had an argument, during which Lazenby kneed his mother in the face, leaving her bleeding and bruised.

She fled to a local pub and asked them to call the police, the court was told.

Lazenby's lawyer, Sean Ghattas, said that he had been diagnosed with schizophrenia, which had affected his judgement.

He had previously spent time in jail in 2018 for a number of violent attacks on his then-girlfriend.

Re: Nick Cave announces death of son, Jethro, aged 30

<t5dh34$1bbb$1@news.xmission.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12771&group=alt.obituaries#12771

From: gaze...@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Re: Nick Cave announces death of son, Jethro, aged 30
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 11:08:20 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: gazelle@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
 by: Kenny McCormack - Tue, 10 May 2022 11:08 UTC

In article <dcfb61db-083b-49ff-9bd2-50cca897f69an@googlegroups.com>,
Big Mongo <bigmongo1963@gmail.com> wrote:
>He had only been released on bail from Melbourne Remand Centre last
>Thursday, 5 May, after a magistrate instructed that he must undergo
>substance abuse treatment and avoid contact with his mother for the
>next two years.
>
>Previously, a court had heard how Beau found her son at her front door
>on 7 March, 2022, and let him stay for the night.
>
>The following morning, the pair had an argument, during which Lazenby
>kneed his mother in the face, leaving her bleeding and bruised.
>
>She fled to a local pub and asked them to call the police, the court
>was told.
>
>Lazenby's lawyer, Sean Ghattas, said that he had been diagnosed with
>schizophrenia, which had affected his judgement.
>
>He had previously spent time in jail in 2018 for a number of violent
>attacks on his then-girlfriend.

All in all, it sure seems to me that the world (and particularly, the
female portion of the world) is better off without him.

http://user.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/IceCream