From: rob...@no.way (Robert)
Newsgroups: alt.christnet.christianlife, alt.bible, alt.bible.prophecy, alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic, alt.religion.christian.east-orthodox
Subject: Body, Soul, Spirit
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 23:46:00 -0700
 by: Robert - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 06:46 UTC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Q8y7oynck

Short. Concise, to the point.

Re: Body, Soul, Spirit

<d4v42jpvuokpt6583qi60meq6igmfp9f0c@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12785&group=alt.bible#12785

From: zeb...@windstream.net (James)
Newsgroups: alt.christnet.christianlife,alt.bible,alt.bible.prophecy,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.religion.christian.east-orthodox
Subject: Re: Body, Soul, Spirit
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 11:14:30 -0400
 by: James - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:14 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 23:46:00 -0700, Robert <robert@no.way> wrote:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Q8y7oynck
>
>Short. Concise, to the point.

Morning Robert,

Well, not THAT short. I didn't pick up any major Bible blunders, which
is a bit unusual. He did seem to be pushing his book, "Becoming Who
You Are", and said he will be teaching from that book.

The Bible does use the words "soul", "spirit", and "body" in several
different ways. The context usually shows which way to apply the word.
For example in English the word "body" can be used different ways:

-A dead body
-A body of water
-A body of elders
-Body work done on a wrecked car
-A part of a paragraph that is not the introduction or conclusion.
-The best of something. Like "This wine has body".

It is similar with the ancient Greek and Hebrew. For example:

--Soul: the physical body of a person or animal. (Gen 2:7; NKJV)
Also like a fish. (Gen 1:20; Darby)

--Soul: The LIFE of a person or animal. (Gen 1:30; Darby)

You are described in the Bible. To me you fit this: Rom 10:2,

For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not
according to accurate knowledge. (NWT)

Clean up your Bible knowledge bank, and you will be on that narrow
road to life. (Mt 7:13,14)

Sincerely, James
Wars; when will
they cease forever?
4/19/2024

www.avg.com

Re: Body, Soul, Spirit

<l8m1rgFi9ibU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12977&group=alt.bible#12977

From: cre...@creon.earth (Creon)
Newsgroups: alt.bible,alt.bible.prophecy
Date: 22 Apr 2024 02:54:40 GMT
 by: Creon - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 02:54 UTC

On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 11:14:30 -0400, James wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 23:46:00 -0700, Robert <robert@no.way> wrote:
>
>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Q8y7oynck
>>
>>Short. Concise, to the point.
>
> Morning Robert,
>
> Well, not THAT short. I didn't pick up any major Bible blunders, which
> is a bit unusual. He did seem to be pushing his book, "Becoming Who You
> Are", and said he will be teaching from that book.
>
> The Bible does use the words "soul", "spirit", and "body" in several
> different ways. The context usually shows which way to apply the word.
> For example in English the word "body" can be used different ways:
>
> -A dead body -A body of water -A body of elders -Body work done on a
> wrecked car -A part of a paragraph that is not the introduction or
> conclusion. -The best of something. Like "This wine has body".
>
> It is similar with the ancient Greek and Hebrew. For example:
>
> --Soul: the physical body of a person or animal. (Gen 2:7; NKJV)
> Also like a fish. (Gen 1:20; Darby)
>
> --Soul: The LIFE of a person or animal. (Gen 1:30; Darby)
>
> You are described in the Bible. To me you fit this: Rom 10:2,
>
> For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according
> to accurate knowledge. (NWT)
>
> Clean up your Bible knowledge bank, and you will be on that narrow road
> to life. (Mt 7:13,14)
>
> Sincerely, James Wars; when will they cease forever?
> 4/19/2024

Acts 17

22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of
Athens, I
perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with
this
inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him
declare I unto you.
24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is
Lord of
heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any
thing,
seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the
face
of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the
bounds of their habitation;
27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him,
and
find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of
your
own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

I think this is the clearest Paul ever was...pity he never saw Jesus.

So my question to you is: When Jesus taught his disciples to pray,
to whom did he teach them to pray to?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Luke 11

1 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when
he
ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as
John also taught his disciples.
2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in
heaven,
Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so
in earth.
3 Give us day by day our daily bread.
4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is
indebted to
us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

--
-c

interests / alt.bible / Body, Soul, Spirit