Rudeness is a weak man's imitation of strength.

interests / alt.bible / Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.

SubjectAuthor
* Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.No One
+- Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.James
`* Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.Rod Flanders
 +- Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.Michael Christ
 `* Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.Robert
> [...]
  | `- Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.James
  +* Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.James
  |`* Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.Robert
  | `* Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.James
  |  `- Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.Robert
  `* Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.James
   `* Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.Robert
    `* Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.James
     `* Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.Robert
      `- Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.James

Pages:1234
Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.

<0001HW.2BC61299001B342630DAA438F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12484&group=alt.bible#12484

From: rob...@no.way (Robert)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic, alt.bible, alt.christnet.christianlife
Subject: Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2024 17:19:37 -0700
 by: Robert - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 00:19 UTC

On Apr 9, 2024, James wrote
(in article<ab9b1jdqkpo8vl76d1s6g9fpbd30dc8ucl@4ax.com>):

> On Sun, 17 Mar 2024 21:47:20 -0700, Robert<robert@no.way> wrote:
>
> > On Mar 17, 2024, Rod Flanders wrote
> > (in article<3arevi1s5b76uf1bqj1hkuflcudl1nt48v@4ax.com>):

> > > It's not that complicated to find salvation.
> > > "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."
> > > Acts 16:31
> > >
> > > You can argue over jots and tittles, but that's all you need for
> > > salvation. We
> > > are to accept all Christians as brothers in Christ. If they are wrong, God
> > > will judge them, not you.
> >
> > Gal 1:8-9 (KJV)
> >
> > 8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you
> > than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
> >
> > 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel
> > unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
> >
> > 1Co 6:2Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the
> > world
> > shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
> >
> > 1Co 6:5I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among
> > you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
> >
> > 1Co 14:29Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
> >
> > A JW in NOT a brother in Christ. While they finally acknowledge that he
> > existed they deny that he is God, and that he is resurrected still. There is
> > a whole host of other things they err in.
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> Speaking of errors, you need to change your anti-JW web page. I'll try
> to make the appropriate corrections:

I have no anti-JW Web page. I visit none as well.

> "A JW in NOT a brother in Christ. "
> Of course just saying it, doesn't make it true. You need evidence. So
> let's go on.

You are not and cannot be. Roman 8: 8,10

> "While they finally acknowledge that he existed"
> At least they have an imagination. I am sure that they acknowledged
> Jesus right from the first. If you have proof otherwise, I would like
> to see it.

You have long since forgotten what you were originally taught, He was just
some man, not spiritual, and he is dead, not resurrected. All things that are
opposed by scripture of which you have been given repeatedly for over 25
years. I don't have any or your old red, green, blue books and probably you
don’t either as you have been instructed to throw those away in light of
“new revealed truths”

> "they deny that he is God, "
> Fantastic, you got one right!!!
> Alright, if Jesus is really God, then please explain these Bible
> statements:
>
> -- King James
> John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come
> again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go
> unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

I have done so, so many times that your head should be spinning in satanic
horror.
Jesus Is the “Son of God”, he is the anointed one, Christ aka The
Messiah. The one foretold of From Genesis, and throughout the OT. He, Jesus,
is Jehovah, the creator. And yes, His Father is greater than he, yet he gave
Jesus full power and authority to deal with the business of Sin upon this
earth. Plus, we humans were created in their image.

Gen 1:26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and
let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the
air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping
thing that creepeth upon the earth.

You claim to believe all the Bible, yet you do not and you ALL make excuses.

> Jesus on earth stated that as a Bible fact. But what about when Jesus
> was already in Heaven with God?

He is YHWH, as described in the OT, that you call Jehovah., Yet you both
denied that truth as well as accepted it during our past convo’s.

> -- King James
> 1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every
> man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of
> Christ is God.

Only for those that are Born Again, not for you and the rest of the JW’s.
Jesus denies the existence of you all to His Heavenly Father. Until you
accept Him in the fulness of his Glory you are doomed, and because of that
your children who you have misled whose blood will be on your hands.

> Jesus in Heaven is still inferior to God.

Poor choice of words, intended to belittle Jesus.

“Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with
God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a
servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a
man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of
the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name
which is above every name:” (Php 2:6-9, KJV)

You have said that you believe every word in the Word of God, yet you deny
this, repeating instead what the evil one gave you.

> If Jesus is God, here are some more Scriptures that need explaining:
>
> -- New King James
> Exodus 33:20 But He said, "You cannot see My face; for no man shall
> see Me, and live.''
>
> Yet many people saw Jesus' face but still lived. Please explain.

“I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou
gavest me to do. And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with
the glory which I had with thee before the world was.” (Jhn 17:4-5, KJV)

When Jesus the Christ called Paul to work for him and to believe on Him, Paul
was blinded. Of that there is no argument.

> Also, Joh 6:46, "No one has seen the Father except the one who is from
> God; only he has seen the Father." (NIV)
> Please explain.

The Father meaning the Heavenly Father is Spirit, here, the words as spoken
by Jesus,

“God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and
in truth.” (Jhn 4:24, KJV)

Jesus also called His Heavenly Father, God.

“Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my
Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father,
and your Father; and to my God, and your God.” (Jhn 20:17, KJV)

He did the work that His Heavenly Father sent Him to do.

> Jesus also said at Re 3:14 that he was the beginning of God's
> creations. Re 3:14,
>
> "And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, `These things
> says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the
> creation of God:'" (NKJV)
> Please explain.
>
> Also, Col 1:15 supports that:

use of the term firstborn in reference to Christ says nothing concerning his
origin, but declares his position, rank, and office. Note the use of
"firstborn" in Job 18:13, John Daille notes that we are to understand
"…eldest or first born, to signify the head, the lord, and the master. We
say, therefore, that it is in this sense we must understand the apostle’s
words, Christ ’is the first-born of every creature,’ that is, the Master
and Lord of them; which in no way implies that he himself is a creature;
lords not being always of the same extraction and lineage with their
subjects, but most frequently of another very different. And as it would be
ridiculous reasoning to conclude that he who has the dominion of death is
death itself, under the colour that Job terms him, ’the first-born of
death;’ so is it most impertinent arguing to infer that the Lord is a
creature, because the apostle says here, that he ’is the first-born of
every creature’" (An Exposition of Colossians, p. 102). The term first-born
does not imply that Christ was a created being. It has been interpreted as
used in the absolute sense, becoming a recognized title of Messiah; thus, His
preeminence and sovereignty

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.

<il3g1jh38re3llbskqju8847i5ur5s1g5e@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12554&group=alt.bible#12554

From: zeb...@windstream.net (James)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.bible,alt.christnet.christianlife
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 12:25:52 -0400
 by: James - Thu, 11 Apr 2024 16:25 UTC

On Tue, 09 Apr 2024 17:19:37 -0700, Robert <robert@no.way> wrote:

>On Apr 9, 2024, James wrote
>(in article<ab9b1jdqkpo8vl76d1s6g9fpbd30dc8ucl@4ax.com>):
>
>> On Sun, 17 Mar 2024 21:47:20 -0700, Robert<robert@no.way> wrote:
>>
>> > On Mar 17, 2024, Rod Flanders wrote
>> > (in article<3arevi1s5b76uf1bqj1hkuflcudl1nt48v@4ax.com>):

>> > Gal 1:8-9 (KJV)
>> >
>> > 8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you
>> > than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
>> >
>> > 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel
>> > unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
>> >
>> > 1Co 6:2Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the
>> > world
>> > shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
>> >
>> > 1Co 6:5I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among
>> > you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
>> >
>> > 1Co 14:29Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
>> >
>> > A JW in NOT a brother in Christ. While they finally acknowledge that he
>> > existed they deny that he is God, and that he is resurrected still. There is
>> > a whole host of other things they err in.
>>
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> Speaking of errors, you need to change your anti-JW web page. I'll try
>> to make the appropriate corrections:
>
>I have no anti-JW Web page. I visit none as well.

Good for you. Prejudicial beliefs have no place for fact finding of
truths.

>> "A JW in NOT a brother in Christ. "
>> Of course just saying it, doesn't make it true. You need evidence. So
>> let's go on.
>
>You are not and cannot be. Roman 8: 8,10

-- King James
Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

ALL humans are born fleshly. ("in the flesh") We have no control over
that. So, "in the flesh" cannot mean that literally. To me it means
actually DOING those fleshly desires that we all are born with. Then
that person would be called a 'fleshly' person.

-- King James
Romans 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin;
but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

If a person takes his mind off of fleshly things, and instead trains
it to think of spiritual things, that person is acting spiritually,
and has a chance for life eternal. (1 Joh 2:17)

>> "While they finally acknowledge that he existed"
>> At least they have an imagination. I am sure that they acknowledged
>> Jesus right from the first. If you have proof otherwise, I would like
>> to see it.
>
>You have long since forgotten what you were originally taught, He was just
>some man, not spiritual,

Bleep! Wrong statement. My JW library of the Watchtower only goes back
to 1950. (that is before I became a JW) But notice this first
paragraph about Jesus in the 1950 Watchtower:

"Jesus, the Faithful Son of God

NO OTHER birth in all human history has equaled in importance the
birth of Jesus. He who was God’s spokesman or Logos, he who was God’s
first and only direct creation, he through whom all other things were
made, this one laid aside his lofty invisible existence as a spirit
creature and was born of human flesh in the lowly form of a man.
Little wonder that at his birth angelic creatures jubilantly sang,
“Glory to God in the highest; and on earth peace to men of good
will.”—John 1:1-14, ED; Rev. 3:14; Luke 2:13, 14, Dy."

>and he is dead, not resurrected.

Bleep2!! Another error. To my knowledge, JW's always taught that Jesus
was resurrected from the dead by God. Again let's go as far back as I
can go. (the 1950 Watchtower):

"Those who went into the ark with Noah thereby showed that they had
agreed to do God’s will as made known to them by Noah. They were
baptized unto Noah and were thus saved from the flood. “When once the
long-suffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a
preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls, were saved by water. The
like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the
putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good
conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.”—1 Pet.
3:20, 21."

>All things that are
>opposed by scripture of which you have been given repeatedly for over 25
>years. I don't have any or your old red, green, blue books and probably you
>don’t either as you have been instructed to throw those away in light of
>“new revealed truths”

Bleep3!!! I was NEVER instructed to throw away JW literature. When
they want to slim down their JW library, some JW's donate them to
local libraries, etc. Many others just keep them a part of their
library.

>> "they deny that he is God, "
>> Fantastic, you got one right!!!
>> Alright, if Jesus is really God, then please explain these Bible
>> statements:
>>
>> -- King James
>> John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come
>> again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go
>> unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
>
>I have done so, so many times that your head should be spinning in satanic
>horror.

I use the computer as an extension of my brain, since my real brain is
not firing on all cylinders, esp with memory.

>Jesus Is the “Son of God”, he is the anointed one, Christ aka The
>Messiah. The one foretold of From Genesis, and throughout the OT. He, Jesus,
>is Jehovah, the creator.

And you were doing so good. Yes, Jesus is the Son of God, and God's
anointed one, and is the Messiah. BUT HE IS NOT JEHOVAH, as these
Scriptures clearly show. If you insist that he is, then you have to
explain these cited Scriptures. (that show he can't be God)

And yes, His Father is greater than he,

As you said, If "He, Jesus, is Jehovah, the creator", then Jesus is
the Father also. Yet you agree with John 14:28 that Jesus is inferior
to the Father. Again, yet he is the Father. As you can see, it doesn't
make any sense.

But it makes perfect sense (as do all of these) if Jesus was a created
being, and is the Son of God, not God.

yet he gave
>Jesus full power and authority to deal with the business of Sin upon this
>earth. Plus, we humans were created in their image.

Notice, if Jesus was God, he would already have that power and
authority. But the Bible says that God gave it to Jesus. So Jesus
never had it before then.

>Gen 1:26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and
>let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the
>air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping
>thing that creepeth upon the earth.
>
>You claim to believe all the Bible, yet you do not and you ALL make excuses.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.

<0001HW.2BC88FEC001303153064A638F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12560&group=alt.bible#12560

From: rob...@no.way (Robert)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic, alt.bible, alt.christnet.christianlife
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 14:38:52 -0700
 by: Robert - Thu, 11 Apr 2024 21:38 UTC

On Apr 11, 2024, James wrote
(in article<il3g1jh38re3llbskqju8847i5ur5s1g5e@4ax.com>):

> On Tue, 09 Apr 2024 17:19:37 -0700, Robert<robert@no.way> wrote:
>
> > On Apr 9, 2024, James wrote
> > (in article<ab9b1jdqkpo8vl76d1s6g9fpbd30dc8ucl@4ax.com>):

> > > Hi Robert,
> > >
> > > Speaking of errors, you need to change your anti-JW web page. I'll try
> > > to make the appropriate corrections:
> >
> > I have no anti-JW Web page. I visit none as well.
>
> Good for you. Prejudicial beliefs have no place for fact finding of
> truths.

Yet you are guilty of prejudicial beliefs and practice it daily.

You accuse all Christians of be being trinitarians. This is one of the many
things you speak with a forked tongue.

Why are you so prejudiced?

> > > "A JW in NOT a brother in Christ. "
> > > Of course just saying it, doesn't make it true. You need evidence. So
> > > let's go on.
> >
> > You are not and cannot be. Roman 8: 8,10

LOL. I meant to say verses 9,10 and you took advantage of that and skipped
over v9 which you know I have quoted to you many times.

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit
of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none
of his.” (Rom 8:9, KJV)

So you conveniently chose to ignore that verse to deceptively answer that
statement.

> -- King James
> Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
>
> ALL humans are born fleshly. ("in the flesh") We have no control over
> that. So, "in the flesh" cannot mean that literally. To me it means
> actually DOING those fleshly desires that we all are born with. Then
> that person would be called a 'fleshly' person.
>
> -- King James
> Romans 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin;
> but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
>
> If a person takes his mind off of fleshly things, and instead trains
> it to think of spiritual things, that person is acting spiritually,
> and has a chance for life eternal. (1 Joh 2:17)

No, there is no “chance” for life eternal by acting spiritual. Witch
doctors, devil worshippers, divinatory, fortune tellers, palm readers, etc,
are ALL acting spiritual but not Godly. Many get into the “spirit of
things” in this life, but that never gives them a chance at eternal life,
Only the washing by the blood of Jesus will do it.

> > > "While they finally acknowledge that he existed"
> > > At least they have an imagination. I am sure that they acknowledged
> > > Jesus right from the first. If you have proof otherwise, I would like
> > > to see it.
> >
> > You have long since forgotten what you were originally taught, He was just
> > some man, not spiritual,
>
> Bleep! Wrong statement. My JW library of the Watchtower only goes back
> to 1950. (that is before I became a JW) But notice this first
> paragraph about Jesus in the 1950 Watchtower:
>
> "Jesus, the Faithful Son of God
>
> NO OTHER birth in all human history has equaled in importance the
> birth of Jesus. He who was God’s spokesman or Logos, he who was God’s
> first and only direct creation, he through whom all other things were
> made, this one laid aside his lofty invisible existence as a spirit
> creature and was born of human flesh in the lowly form of a man.
> Little wonder that at his birth angelic creatures jubilantly sang,
> “Glory to God in the highest; and on earth peace to men of good
> will.”—John 1:1-14, ED; Rev. 3:14; Luke 2:13, 14, Dy."

None of those verses support the Creation of Jesus. And you quote there
belies all the beliefs of the JW, what part of it you say?
"he through whom all other things were made” Yes, Jesus referred to himself
as the creator.

> > and he is dead, not resurrected.
>
> Bleep2!! Another error. To my knowledge, JW's always taught that Jesus
> was resurrected from the dead by God. Again let's go as far back as I
> can go. (the 1950 Watchtower):

Hmmm. Just dawned on me. Your claim regarding the books I mentioned, you
ignored, and shifted the goal posts to the “Watchtower”, the propaganda
news rag that they handed out on the streets, and was not the books used for
the teaching of the streetwalkers regarding the actual doctrines of the JW
org.

Yet you have denied that countless times in this year alone. You said he was
dead, dead.

> "Those who went into the ark with Noah thereby showed that they had
> agreed to do God’s will as made known to them by Noah. They were
> baptized unto Noah and were thus saved from the flood. “When once the
> long-suffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a
> preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls, were saved by water. The
> like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the
> putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good
> conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.”—1Pet.
> 3:20, 21."

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.

<ki802j1uht3qmkfigekqa260hoijkj2p46@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12763&group=alt.bible#12763

From: zeb...@windstream.net (James)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.bible,alt.christnet.christianlife
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 15:58:20 -0400
 by: James - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 19:58 UTC

On Sun, 17 Mar 2024 21:47:20 -0700, Robert <robert@no.way> wrote:

>On Mar 17, 2024, Rod Flanders wrote
>(in article<3arevi1s5b76uf1bqj1hkuflcudl1nt48v@4ax.com>):
>
>> No One <np.on@none.non> wrote:
>>
>> > You heard it correctly. They are blanketing towns with Spanish brochures and
>> > letters celebrating the Muerte’ aka Death of Christ, NOT his resurrection
>> > which all of christianity celebrates.
>> >
>> > They deceitfully claim to be “christians” and use the New Testament in
>> > conjunction with lying spirits, in order to draw others into the hell they
>> > believe in.
>> >
>> > They do not believe in Jesus the Messiah as Savior and soon coming King as
>> > is
>> > taught in the NT, they do not believe that Jesus is God, nor that he is
>> > Divine.
>> >
>> > Do not allow them to drag you into their hell.
>> >
>> > Do NOT welcome them into your home.
>> >
>> > They only want you so they can get your money into their slush funds of
>> > Millions upon millions for the pleasure of their upper elite.
>>
>> It's not that complicated to find salvation.
>> "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."
>> Acts 16:31
>>
>> You can argue over jots and tittles, but that's all you need for salvation.

All the demons believe in Jesus, will they get salvation to?

>We
>> are to accept all Christians as brothers in Christ. If they are wrong, God
>> will judge them, not you.

You must study your Bible more. Should you just accept all profess
Christians as "brothers in Christ"? I've heard your answer, now here
is the Bible's:

-- New King James
1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I have written to you not to keep company
with anyone named a brother, who is a fornicator, or covetous, or an
idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner not even to
eat with such a person.

AND this one:

21. "Not everyone who says to Me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the
kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22. "Many will say to Me in that day, `Lord, Lord, have we not
prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many
wonders in Your name?'
23. "And then I will declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from
Me, you who practice lawlessness!' (Mt 7:21-23; NKJV)

>Gal 1:8-9 (KJV)
>
>8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you
>than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

>9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel
>unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
>
>1Co 6:2Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world
>shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
>
>1Co 6:5I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among
>you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
>
>1Co 14:29Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
>
>A JW in NOT a brother in Christ. While they finally acknowledge that he
>existed they deny that he is God, and that he is resurrected still. There is
>a whole host of other things they err in.

Bleep!! At least get it all right. Yes, the BIBLE teaches that Jesus
was not God. I have given you the true Scriptures many times before.
If you want me to repeat them again, just ask.

ALL JW's believe Jesus was resurrected by God. Jesus didn't resurrect
himself, as you would claim. (and that wouldn't make any sense)

Sincerely, James
Where will Armageddon
take place? In Israel?
4/17/2024

www.avg.com

Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.

<0001HW.2BD06B3C001235EB30DCB438F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12764&group=alt.bible#12764

From: rob...@no.way (Robert)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic, alt.bible, alt.christnet.christianlife
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 13:40:28 -0700
 by: Robert - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 20:40 UTC

On Apr 17, 2024, James wrote
(in article<ki802j1uht3qmkfigekqa260hoijkj2p46@4ax.com>):

> On Sun, 17 Mar 2024 21:47:20 -0700, Robert<robert@no.way> wrote:
>
> > On Mar 17, 2024, Rod Flanders wrote
> > (in article<3arevi1s5b76uf1bqj1hkuflcudl1nt48v@4ax.com>):

> > > It's not that complicated to find salvation.
> > > "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."
> > > Acts 16:31
> > >
> > > You can argue over jots and tittles, but that's all you need for salvation.
>
> All the demons believe in Jesus, will they get salvation to?

They do not believe “IN” him, the rejected him eons ago.
They, like the JW know he exists and holds all power at this time, but they
do not believe in him.

> > > We
> > > are to accept all Christians as brothers in Christ. If they are wrong, God
> > > will judge them, not you.
>
> You must study your Bible more. Should you just accept all profess
> Christians as "brothers in Christ"? I've heard your answer, now here
> is the Bible's:
>
> -- New King James
> 1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I have written to you not to keep company
> with anyone named a brother, who is a fornicator, or covetous, or an
> idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner not even to
> eat with such a person.

You have not heard my answer ever. I agree with this scripture, and it is
also the reason why I have said forever, that just because someone calls
themselves a “christian” does not mean they are. Just like you call
yourself a christian but are not one A recent JW poster here took offense at
my stating that you called yourself a christian, and stated the JW's are NOT
Christians.

> AND this one:
>
> 21. "Not everyone who says to Me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the
> kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
> 22. "Many will say to Me in that day, `Lord, Lord, have we not
> prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many
> wonders in Your name?'
> 23. "And then I will declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from
> Me, you who practice lawlessness!' (Mt 7:21-23; NKJV)

Yes, that too is truth, and often quoted by myself, as I believer every word
of it.

> > Gal 1:8-9 (KJV)
> >
> > 8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you
> > than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
>
> > 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel
> > unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
> >
> > 1Co 6:2Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the
> > world
> > shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
> >
> > 1Co 6:5I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among
> > you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
> >
> > 1Co 14:29Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
> >
> > A JW in NOT a brother in Christ. While they finally acknowledge that he
> > existed they deny that he is God, and that he is resurrected still. There is
> > a whole host of other things they err in.
>
> Bleep!! At least get it all right. Yes, the BIBLE teaches that Jesus
> was not God. I have given you the true Scriptures many times before.
> If you want me to repeat them again, just ask.

No, you err, as I have told you many times who Jesus IS, and have denied
everything that you state that makes you think Jesus is not God, even
explaining to you by the example to two that are married are “one flesh”
and have done so countless times, yet you are hell bent on your chosen agenda
yet totally wrong. You, like AI quote a lot of scripture, yet without
knowledge or understanding, as you teach another Gospel, by which you are
accursed.

You have no understanding what a christian is.

> ALL JW's believe Jesus was resurrected by God. Jesus didn't resurrect
> himself, as you would claim. (and that wouldn't make any sense)

I never claimed he did resurrect himself, which shows that even though I have
stated that many times, and to you as well, that you pay no attention to, nor
respect the person whom you are addressing.

Jesus was given the power to lay down his life as well as pick it back up
again, but he waited for His Heavenly Father to do it. Why? So that he was
assured that he paid full price for the redemption of all men who lived in
this world from beginning to end, full price and more than enough to ransom
anyone.

You have shown multiple times on multiple levels that you do not believe all
the words of God in the Bible., even admittinging that you do not understand
much of it, especially when it comes to the book of the Revelations.

Why don’t you make a deal with yourself to find the truth? What deal is
that?

To put aside all the JW info, bible, and literature and isolate yourself from
it for one Month. A method of fasting as it were. Then start off with a
Prayer to God, that you want so see and understand the truth. Also state that
you are setting aside all the JW doctrine in order to have the truth be
revealed to you, no matter the outcome, That you are placing your life in the
hands of the True God. Then read the scripture, say only the NKJV, read it
every day. Focusing mainly on the New Testament. And as you read and see
things that you do not understand of get, pause, and ask him to reveal the
truth of it to you, then continue on reading, and repeating as I have
suggested every time an issue pops up. Then at the end of the day, thank him
for his word, and any clarity he brings to you.

Do this earnestly for one month. Just you and Him. Also, when you start off
ask him for the revelation of things that have nagged you for years as to
what the truth is, the solid truth, not some fluid truth that changes with
every whim of doctrine.

At the end of 30 days if you are sincere, I would bet you will be a different
man. During that time take a sabbatical from the hall, and all forms of
religion. Just you and God. If anyone asks just tell them you are seeking
God. The God that gave us His word, in the form of the Bible. No posting to
anyone, Just you and He. K?

> Sincerely, James

Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.

<eop22jtkel80ah7ugsan064ueauko876cp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12770&group=alt.bible#12770

From: zeb...@windstream.net (James)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.bible,alt.christnet.christianlife
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 16:53:33 -0400
 by: James - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 20:53 UTC

Sincerely, James
Wars, when will
they cease forever?
4/18/2024

www.avg.com

Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.

<0001HW.2BD1D4390013F9C430D86038F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12772&group=alt.bible#12772

From: rob...@no.way (Robert)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic, alt.bible, alt.christnet.christianlife
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 15:20:41 -0700
 by: Robert - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 22:20 UTC

On Apr 18, 2024, James wrote
(in article<eop22jtkel80ah7ugsan064ueauko876cp@4ax.com>):

> Sincerely, James

Your reply speaks volumes, plus it did not even include the persons name whom
you addressed.
Buh Bye.

Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.

<b0j42j9l5k1c8iulbd5kq4u4pnn9cjmk0b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12782&group=alt.bible#12782

From: zeb...@windstream.net (James)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.bible,alt.christnet.christianlife
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 06:55:44 -0400
 by: James - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 10:55 UTC

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 15:20:41 -0700, Robert <robert@no.way> wrote:

>On Apr 18, 2024, James wrote
>(in article<eop22jtkel80ah7ugsan064ueauko876cp@4ax.com>):
>
>> Sincerely, James
>
>Your reply speaks volumes, plus it did not even include the persons name whom
>you addressed.
>Buh Bye.

I don't know what you mean. Here is the posting again from yesterday.
Please answer the questions if you can.

"On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 13:40:28 -0700, Robert <robert@no.way> wrote:

>On Apr 17, 2024, James wrote
>(in article<ki802j1uht3qmkfigekqa260hoijkj2p46@4ax.com>):
>
>> On Sun, 17 Mar 2024 21:47:20 -0700, Robert<robert@no.way> wrote:
>>
>> > On Mar 17, 2024, Rod Flanders wrote
>> > (in article<3arevi1s5b76uf1bqj1hkuflcudl1nt48v@4ax.com>):

>> All the demons believe in Jesus, will they get salvation to?
>
>They do not believe “IN” him, the rejected him eons ago.

Actually it depends on what you mean by "believe in". (a) Just knowing
that he existed, or (b) believe AND follow him? The demons are "(a)".

>They, like the JW know he exists and holds all power at this time,

>but they do not believe in him.

Bleep! Wrong again. There is over 100 years of JW literature that
CLEARLY shows they believe in Jesus and follow him.

>> You must study your Bible more. Should you just accept all profess
>> Christians as "brothers in Christ"? I've heard your answer, now here
>> is the Bible's:
>>
>> -- New King James
>> 1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I have written to you not to keep company
>> with anyone named a brother, who is a fornicator, or covetous, or an
>> idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner not even to
>> eat with such a person.
>
>You have not heard my answer ever. I agree with this scripture, and it is
>also the reason why I have said forever, that just because someone calls
>themselves a “christian” does not mean they are. Just like you call
>yourself a christian but are not one A recent JW poster here took offense at
>my stating that you called yourself a christian, and stated the JW's are NOT
>Christians.

And some claim there in no God. People make all kinds of claims, which
mean nothing without Bible evidence.

>> AND this one:
>>
>> 21. "Not everyone who says to Me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the
>> kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
>> 22. "Many will say to Me in that day, `Lord, Lord, have we not
>> prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many
>> wonders in Your name?'
>> 23. "And then I will declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from
>> Me, you who practice lawlessness!' (Mt 7:21-23; NKJV)
>
>Yes, that too is truth, and often quoted by myself, as I believer every word
>of it.

But apparently not the whole Bible. You still believe what the
churches teach; that Jesus is God. Yet the Bible clearly shows that
not to be true. Do you believe this Scripture?

Revised Standard
Mark 10:18 And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? No one is
good but God alone."

If you say you do, how can you explain it yet still say Jesus is God??

And I have a bunch more I can show you again. They are all Bible
truths, which you say you believe. But your actions say otherwise. Why
not just believe all of the Bible instead?

>> > Gal 1:8-9 (KJV)
>> >
>> > 8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you
>> > than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
>>
>> > 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel
>> > unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
>> >
>> > 1Co 6:2Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the
>> > world
>> > shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
>> >
>> > 1Co 6:5I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among
>> > you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
>> >
>> > 1Co 14:29Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
>> >
>> > A JW in NOT a brother in Christ. While they finally acknowledge that he
>> > existed they deny that he is God, and that he is resurrected still. There is
>> > a whole host of other things they err in.
>>
>> Bleep!! At least get it all right. Yes, the BIBLE teaches that Jesus
>> was not God. I have given you the true Scriptures many times before.
>> If you want me to repeat them again, just ask.
>
>No, you err, as I have told you many times who Jesus IS, and have denied
>everything that you state that makes you think Jesus is not God, even
>explaining to you by the example to two that are married are “one flesh”
>and have done so countless times, yet you are hell bent on your chosen agenda
>yet totally wrong. You, like AI quote a lot of scripture, yet without
>knowledge or understanding, as you teach another Gospel, by which you are
>accursed.

Negatrons. I teach the true Bible as it is written. I NEVER teach a
different gospel. Again, note Mark 10:18 above where Jesus can't be
God.

>You have no understanding what a christian is.

By definition:

"a person who believes in Christ and follows His teachings;" (The
World Book Encyclopedia Dictionary)

JW's believe and follow ALL of Jesus' teachings, unlike any other
religions. For example, do you commemorate Jesus death once per year?

Luke 22:19, "....Keep doing this in remembrance of me."

>> ALL JW's believe Jesus was resurrected by God. Jesus didn't resurrect
>> himself, as you would claim. (and that wouldn't make any sense)
>
>I never claimed he did resurrect himself, which shows that even though I have
>stated that many times, and to you as well, that you pay no attention to, nor
>respect the person whom you are addressing.

I do respect the person I talk to. If I didn't, I wouldn't waist my
time with that person. I am aware how most churches have contaminated
the Bible truths, such as teaching Jesus is God.

Think about it. If I am right, most the churches are WORSHIPPING a
creation of God. Yet ONLY God wants to be worshipped. Jesus himself
told his followers who to worship:

-- New King James
Matthew 4:10 Then Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan! For it is
written, `You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall
serve.' ''

>Jesus was given the power to lay down his life as well as pick it back up
>again,

Jesus did NOT have the power to resurrect himself. Also, Jesus himself
told who the worship: See Mt 4:10 above.

>but he waited for His Heavenly Father to do it. Why? So that he was
>assured that he paid full price for the redemption of all men who lived in
>this world from beginning to end, full price and more than enough to ransom
>anyone.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Jehovah witnesses are celebrating the death of Christ this easter holiday.

<blp13jt6ek6c2bf93j46rv3ocpcqi2diqt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13338&group=alt.bible#13338

From: zeb...@windstream.net (James)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.bible,alt.christnet.christianlife
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 10:59:01 -0400
 by: James - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 14:59 UTC

On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 09:42:02 -0700, Robert <robert@no.way> wrote:

> [...]
>> if this makes any sense to you. If Jesus was God then:
>>
>> -- New King James
>> Exodus 33:20 But He said, "You cannot see My face; for no man shall
>> see Me, and live.''
>>
>> Yet many people saw Jesus' face but still lived. Please explain.
>>
>> Also, Joh 6:46, "No one has seen the Father except the one who is from
>> God; only he has seen the Father." (NIV)
>> Please explain.
>>
>> Jesus also said at Re 3:14 that he was the beginning of God's
>> creations. Re 3:14,
>>
>> "And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, `These things
>> says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the
>> creation of God:'" (NKJV)
>> Please explain.
>>
>> -- New King James
>> Mark 10:18 So Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is
>> good but One, that is, God."
>> Please explain.
>>
>> -- New King James
>> Matthew 28:18 Then Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All
>> authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth."
>>
>> That means that at one time in the past, Jesus didn't have that
>> authority. Not until it was "given" by God. If he was God, he always
>> had it. Please explain.
>
>Rev 5:11-13 (KJV)
>
>11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne
>and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times
>ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
>
>12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive
>power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and
>blessing.
>
>13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the
>earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying,
>Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the
>throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
>
>He received this power for the work that he had done having been sacrificed
>as the Lamb of God for the sins of the whole world. Millions agreed with His
>Heavenly Father who bestowed him with it all.
>

>> -- New King James
>> John 10:36 "do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent
>> into the world, `You are blaspheming,' because I said, `I am the Son
>> of God'?
>>
>> Why didn't Jesus say he was God? Please explain.
>
>“But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a
>servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a
>man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of
>the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name
>which is above every name:” (Php 2:7-9, KJV)
>
>You claim to believe and accept ALL the Bible known as the Word of God, so
>why then do you ignore scriptures such as these which explained how Jesus set
>aside his former Glory to become as man?

I ignore no true Bible verses.

Yes, the prehuman Jesus did have super glory in Heaven. And all other
things created, were done THROUGH Jesus and FOR Jesus. God really
loves His Son.

>Can you understand what would have happened to Mary, if Christ in full glory
>were residing in the belly of Mary? She would have been vaporized.

Well, it took 9 months to have Jesus. If Jesus is God, WHO RAN THE
UNIVERSE DURING THAT TIME?? ESP IF IT IS INFINITE?

Also, What did the angel announce to Mary whom she would be giving
birth to? To God as a man? Let's see:

-- King James
Luke 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the
Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father
David:

So he would be called God's SON, not God. But look at the next part
carefully:

"and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:"

If Jesus was God, he would have had it already. But this is saying
that until God gave him that throne, Jesus didn't have it.

>As to him who you say never acknowledged that he was God? There were several
>times that he did.
>
>Mat 26:63-66 (KJV)
>
>63 But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him,
>I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the
>Christ, the Son of God.
>
>64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you,
>Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and
>coming in the clouds of heaven.
>
>65 Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy;
>what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his
>blasphemy.
>
>66 What think ye? They answered and said, He is guilty of death.

Recall the question that they asked him. Did they ask him if he was
God? No, they asked him: "thou be the Christ, the Son of God."?

Also recall who the angel (Gabrial) said Mary would give birth to: The
"SON" of God.

When asked by Jesus, who Peter said he was, Peter said:

"You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.'' (Mt 16:16; NKJV)

Yes, the SON of God, not God.

And Jesus told those religious leaders who he was. Did he say he was
God in a man's form? Far from it. He said,

"I am the Son of God". (John 10:36)

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, attempts to fly like a
duck, well then.....