"Buy land. They've stopped making it." -- Mark Twain

interests / alt.politics / USA Now On List Of "Back-Sliding Democracies"

SubjectAuthor
* USA Now On List Of "Back-Sliding Democracies"166p1
`* Re: USA Now On List Of "Back-Sliding Democracies"super70s
 `* Re: USA Now On List Of "Back-Sliding Democracies"166p1
  `* Re: USA Now On List Of "Back-Sliding Democracies"wotawonderfulworld
   `- Re: USA Now On List Of "Back-Sliding Democracies"166p1

1
USA Now On List Of "Back-Sliding Democracies"

<vO-dnbdWs-3GoQH8nZ2dnUU7-K3NnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12805&group=alt.politics#12805

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.censorship,alt.politics
From: z24ba6....@nowhere (166p1)
Subject: USA Now On List Of "Back-Sliding Democracies"
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 19:56:31 -0500
 by: 166p1 - Tue, 23 Nov 2021 00:56 UTC

https://www.dw.com/en/us-poland-hungary-land-on-backsliding-democracies-list/a-59900938

US, Poland, Hungary land on 'backsliding democracies' list

A Sweden-based think tank has warned that the US and some
eastern EU members are facing declines in civil liberties
and other freedoms. In Asia, authoritarianism in China is
casting an ever-larger shadow.

.. . .

They may be right. Politics has become hyper-polarized.
The 'justice' process - to some extent the federal courts
but more the DOJ and federal law-enforcement and even
the intel community - have gone heavily partisan and
plot to destroy their enemies and give their fellow
travelers a free pass. The gross abuse of courts that
were intended to deal with terrorism to get secret
warrants against Trump indicates a serious problem.

The outrageous moves to brand annoyed school parents
as 'domestic terrorists' is another. The clear will to
ignore leftist mayhem while over-reacting against any
sort of center/right-wing counterprotests is another
instance. Ignoring, indeed rewarding, illegal border
jumpers too.

In the more conservative states there are concerted
efforts to deny all federal authority - and not just
about Covid. On the flip, west-coast states were
heros for ignoring federal marijuana laws. You can
argue abortions as a 'right', or the opposite, but
whatever uniformity of law used to exist on the subject
has fallen apart.

However the worst has been "Woke-ism" and its fanatical
efforts to censor its opponents, or even the neutrals,
into oblivion. It goes beyond mere censorship, the Woke
terrorize orgs, businesses and even colleges into
outrightly purging "heretics" - what used to be called
"blacklisting".

The wider the partisan gap, the more 'identity politics'
that teach that each semi-definable group should be an
unbeholding nation unto itself, the further and faster
the 'backsliding' and the more a mix of anarchy and
authoritarianism creep in.

You can only back-slide just so far before your back is
up against the wall, nowhere to go but with the winning
hyper-extreme (or martial law). The world was bad enough
while the USA was the great force for freedom and rights -
so what happens if that is no longer so ? Even China and
Russia are now chiding us as hypocrites when we propose
to lecture them on human rights ... and the Chinese
prison camps / organ farms are still open for business
as we buy more Chinese stuff than ever.

Re: USA Now On List Of "Back-Sliding Democracies"

<super70s-69119D.20075322112021@reader02.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12809&group=alt.politics#12809

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.censorship,alt.politics
Subject: Re: USA Now On List Of "Back-Sliding Democracies"
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 20:07:53 -0600
 by: super70s - Tue, 23 Nov 2021 02:07 UTC

> However the worst has been "Woke-ism" and its fanatical
> efforts to censor its opponents, or even the neutrals,
> into oblivion. It goes beyond mere censorship, the Woke
> terrorize orgs, businesses and even colleges into
> outrightly purging "heretics" - what used to be called
> "blacklisting".

Which is the same thing the Republican party is doing to Cheney,
Kinzinger, or any Republican election official around the country who
doesn't display due diligence to Herr Trump.

Re: USA Now On List Of "Back-Sliding Democracies"

<q_Cdna05D9NlwwH8nZ2dnUU7-c3NnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12812&group=alt.politics#12812

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.censorship,alt.politics
From: z24ba6....@nowhere (166p1)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 22:24:39 -0500
 by: 166p1 - Tue, 23 Nov 2021 03:24 UTC

On 11/22/21 9:07 PM, super70s wrote:
>> However the worst has been "Woke-ism" and its fanatical
>> efforts to censor its opponents, or even the neutrals,
>> into oblivion. It goes beyond mere censorship, the Woke
>> terrorize orgs, businesses and even colleges into
>> outrightly purging "heretics" - what used to be called
>> "blacklisting".
>
> Which is the same thing the Republican party is doing to Cheney,
> Kinzinger, or any Republican election official around the country who
> doesn't display due diligence to Herr Trump.

They deserve it - more or less :-)

Actually I do kind of feel badly for Cheney. He
was suddenly put between a rock and a hard place.
He did not have the authority to do what Trump
wanted him to do - and knew it. Wouldn't have
been the right thing regardless.

Re: USA Now On List Of "Back-Sliding Democracies"

<XnsADEB95262533Afoofoobarcom@85.12.62.221>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12813&group=alt.politics#12813

Followup: talk.politics.misc
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.censorship,alt.politics
From: foo...@foobar.com (wotawonderfulworld)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 03:39:45 GMT
 by: wotawonderfulworld - Tue, 23 Nov 2021 03:39 UTC

166p1 <z24ba6.net> wrote in news:q_Cdna05D9NlwwH8nZ2dnUU7-
c3NnZ2d@earthlink.com:

> On 11/22/21 9:07 PM, super70s wrote:
>>> However the worst has been "Woke-ism" and its fanatical
>>> efforts to censor its opponents, or even the neutrals,
>>> into oblivion. It goes beyond mere censorship, the Woke
>>> terrorize orgs, businesses and even colleges into
>>> outrightly purging "heretics" - what used to be called
>>> "blacklisting".
>>
>> Which is the same thing the Republican party is doing to Cheney,
>> Kinzinger, or any Republican election official around the country who
>> doesn't display due diligence to Herr Trump.
>
> They deserve it - more or less :-)
>
> Actually I do kind of feel badly for Cheney. He
> was suddenly put between a rock and a hard place.
> He did not have the authority to do what Trump
> wanted him to do - and knew it. Wouldn't have
> been the right thing regardless.

He ?

Re: USA Now On List Of "Back-Sliding Democracies"

<3oednQt7sN1nHgH8nZ2dnUU7-aHNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12817&group=alt.politics#12817

Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
From: z24ba6....@nowhere (166p1)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 01:02:33 -0500
 by: 166p1 - Tue, 23 Nov 2021 06:02 UTC

On 11/22/21 10:39 PM, wotawonderfulworld wrote:
> 166p1 <z24ba6.net> wrote in news:q_Cdna05D9NlwwH8nZ2dnUU7-
> c3NnZ2d@earthlink.com:

>>> Which is the same thing the Republican party is doing to Cheney,
>>> Kinzinger, or any Republican election official around the country who
>>> doesn't display due diligence to Herr Trump.
>>
>> They deserve it - more or less :-)
>>
>> Actually I do kind of feel badly for Cheney. He
>> was suddenly put between a rock and a hard place.
>> He did not have the authority to do what Trump
>> wanted him to do - and knew it. Wouldn't have
>> been the right thing regardless.
>>

> He ?

Dick.

LIZ is another issue entirely.

But TRUMP is mad at Dick. Liz is small 'taters.
Her main thing is life is going to be be shuffling
from one talk show to another until she's irrelevant.