Whoever dies with the most toys wins.

interests / alt.food.fast-food / New Automated McDonald's Opens In Texas

SubjectAuthor
* New Automated McDonald's Opens In TexasKlausSchadenfreude
+- Re: New Automated McDonald's Opens In TexasKWills
`* Re: New Automated McDonald's Opens In TexasJerry Sauk
 +* Re: New Automated McDonald's Opens In TexasKlausSchadenfreude
 |`* Re: New Automated McDonald's Opens In TexasJerry Sauk
 | `- Re: New Automated McDonald's Opens In TexasKlausSchadenfreude
 `- Re: New Automated McDonald's Opens In TexasKWills

1
New Automated McDonald's Opens In Texas

<idr54i962lf7vg4h5t1fhfgaipfsovklcm@Schadenfreude.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12968&group=alt.food.fast-food#12968

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: New Automated McDonald's Opens In Texas
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 13:12:02 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 20:12 UTC

https://www.freethink.com/robots-ai/automated-restaurant

McDonald’s opens its first automated restaurant in Texas
The new test restaurant features conveyor belts, kiosks, and more.

Instead of placing an order via the mobile app and then either going
into the restaurant or waiting in a drive-thru lane or curbside
parking spot to get their food, customers can pick it up at the
store’s dedicated Drive-Thru Express Lane, where it will be delivered
via conveyor belt.

Since no one in this lane will be placing an order or waiting for food
to be made, the hope is that it will move much faster than traditional
drive-thru lanes.

The interior of the highly automated restaurant is smaller than the
average McD’s. Customers place orders at a kiosk, rather than through
a counter worker, and they grab their food off a shelf. Staff don’t
have to take orders or regularly interact with customers.

Some have criticized the new highly automated restaurant, arguing that
McDonald’s is opting to install expensive automation systems to
replace employees.

However, a spokesperson for McDonald’s told the Guardian that the test
restaurant has a staff comparable to that of any other store — the
difference is that crew members are all focused on making and
packaging orders rather than taking or delivering them.

Re: New Automated McDonald's Opens In Texas

<lrm74itsab16pn5hvchhflqhoasi5u1e48@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12969&group=alt.food.fast-food#12969

From: jj...@127.0.0.1.net (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Re: New Automated McDonald's Opens In Texas
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 06:04:54 -0700
 by: KWills - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 13:04 UTC

On Fri, 21 Apr 2023 13:12:02 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

>https://www.freethink.com/robots-ai/automated-restaurant
>
>McDonald’s opens its first automated restaurant in Texas
>The new test restaurant features conveyor belts, kiosks, and more.
>
>Instead of placing an order via the mobile app

According to my youngest, McDonald's is really pushing the app.
As hard as they are reportedly pushing the app in LA restaurants (I've
heard some people say it's the only way to order at some locations
[1]), I'm amazed the app isn't required.

>and then either going
>into the restaurant or waiting in a drive-thru lane or curbside
>parking spot to get their food, customers can pick it up at the
>store’s dedicated Drive-Thru Express Lane, where it will be delivered
>via conveyor belt.

If McDonald's can solve the accuracy problem so famous with its
drive-through, this may be more convenient.

>Since no one in this lane will be placing an order or waiting for food
>to be made, the hope is that it will move much faster than traditional
>drive-thru lanes.

Until something got wrong.

>The interior of the highly automated restaurant is smaller than the
>average McD’s. Customers place orders at a kiosk, rather than through
>a counter worker, and they grab their food off a shelf. Staff don’t
>have to take orders or regularly interact with customers.

Introverts, and those with acute social anxiety, will likely
prefer this.

>Some have criticized the new highly automated restaurant, arguing that
>McDonald’s is opting to install expensive automation systems to
>replace employees.

DUH! In time, the automation will be far more cost effective.
Automation can work 24/7, except during maintenance, don't need
breaks, don't request days off, and don't get paid.

>However, a spokesperson for McDonald’s told the Guardian that the test
>restaurant has a staff comparable to that of any other store — the
>difference is that crew members are all focused on making and
>packaging orders rather than taking or delivering them.

When did the people who take the orders also make them? While I'm
certain they could, if trained, I never saw this occur.

[1] I would have thought the self ordering kiosk would be an option,
but it's broken as often as the ice cream machines.

--
Only one shopping day left until tomorrow!

Re: New Automated McDonald's Opens In Texas

<N_OcnRfhWIV-JeX4nZ2dnZfqnPoAAAAA@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14868&group=alt.food.fast-food#14868

From: jerrys...@hotmail.com (Jerry Sauk)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 13:42:47 -0600
 by: Jerry Sauk - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 19:42 UTC

"KlausSchadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in message
> https://www.freethink.com/robots-ai/automated-restaurant
>
> McDonald's opens its first automated restaurant in Texas
> The new test restaurant features conveyor belts, kiosks, and more.
>
> Instead of placing an order via the mobile app and then either going
> into the restaurant or waiting in a drive-thru lane or curbside
> parking spot to get their food, customers can pick it up at the
> store's dedicated Drive-Thru Express Lane, where it will be delivered
> via conveyor belt.
>
> Since no one in this lane will be placing an order or waiting for food
> to be made, the hope is that it will move much faster than traditional
> drive-thru lanes.
>
> The interior of the highly automated restaurant is smaller than the
> average McD's. Customers place orders at a kiosk, rather than through
> a counter worker, and they grab their food off a shelf. Staff don't
> have to take orders or regularly interact with customers.
>
> Some have criticized the new highly automated restaurant, arguing that
> McDonald's is opting to install expensive automation systems to
> replace employees.
>
> However, a spokesperson for McDonald's told the Guardian that the test
> restaurant has a staff comparable to that of any other store - the
> difference is that crew members are all focused on making and
> packaging orders rather than taking or delivering them.

So how is this new system working out?

Re: New Automated McDonald's Opens In Texas

<agphnihsam26b4v646pg3tcgrie30gcj41@Rudy.Canoza.is.a.forging.cocksucking.dwarf.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14878&group=alt.food.fast-food#14878

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 15:02:35 -0800
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 23:02 UTC

On Tue, 12 Dec 2023 13:42:47 -0600, "Jerry Sauk"
<jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"KlausSchadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> https://www.freethink.com/robots-ai/automated-restaurant
>>
>> McDonald's opens its first automated restaurant in Texas
>> The new test restaurant features conveyor belts, kiosks, and more.
>>
>> Instead of placing an order via the mobile app and then either going
>> into the restaurant or waiting in a drive-thru lane or curbside
>> parking spot to get their food, customers can pick it up at the
>> store's dedicated Drive-Thru Express Lane, where it will be delivered
>> via conveyor belt.
>>
>> Since no one in this lane will be placing an order or waiting for food
>> to be made, the hope is that it will move much faster than traditional
>> drive-thru lanes.
>>
>> The interior of the highly automated restaurant is smaller than the
>> average McD's. Customers place orders at a kiosk, rather than through
>> a counter worker, and they grab their food off a shelf. Staff don't
>> have to take orders or regularly interact with customers.
>>
>> Some have criticized the new highly automated restaurant, arguing that
>> McDonald's is opting to install expensive automation systems to
>> replace employees.
>>
>> However, a spokesperson for McDonald's told the Guardian that the test
>> restaurant has a staff comparable to that of any other store - the
>> difference is that crew members are all focused on making and
>> packaging orders rather than taking or delivering them.
>
>So how is this new system working out?

Call them and ask - 817-265-5702, or visit the location at 8540 West
Fwy, White Settlement, Fort Worth TX 76108 and find out.

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/have-it-your-way-mcdonalds-first-fully-automated-restaurant-with-no-human-contact-in-fort-worth/
MKV Enterprises Franchisee owner Keith Vaneck and General Manager
Rosemin Jussab, are the ones responsible for the restaurant’s new
concept.

Re: New Automated McDonald's Opens In Texas

<t5uini56kavh1o0d8knam1msvud4tojoff@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14886&group=alt.food.fast-food#14886

From: kw...@kw.kw (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 01:26:30 -0800
 by: KWills - Wed, 13 Dec 2023 09:26 UTC

On Tue, 12 Dec 2023 13:42:47 -0600, "Jerry Sauk"
<jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 13:12:02 -0700

At least you can offer some quasi-justification for the LONG wait time
before you replied.

>"KlausSchadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> https://www.freethink.com/robots-ai/automated-restaurant
>>
>> McDonald's opens its first automated restaurant in Texas
>> The new test restaurant features conveyor belts, kiosks, and more.
>>
>> Instead of placing an order via the mobile app and then either going
>> into the restaurant or waiting in a drive-thru lane or curbside
>> parking spot to get their food, customers can pick it up at the
>> store's dedicated Drive-Thru Express Lane, where it will be delivered
>> via conveyor belt.
>>
>> Since no one in this lane will be placing an order or waiting for food
>> to be made, the hope is that it will move much faster than traditional
>> drive-thru lanes.
>>
>> The interior of the highly automated restaurant is smaller than the
>> average McD's. Customers place orders at a kiosk, rather than through
>> a counter worker, and they grab their food off a shelf. Staff don't
>> have to take orders or regularly interact with customers.
>>
>> Some have criticized the new highly automated restaurant, arguing that
>> McDonald's is opting to install expensive automation systems to
>> replace employees.
>>
>> However, a spokesperson for McDonald's told the Guardian that the test
>> restaurant has a staff comparable to that of any other store - the
>> difference is that crew members are all focused on making and
>> packaging orders rather than taking or delivering them.
>
>So how is this new system working out?

Based on all available reports, very well.

--
A small number of the documented lies of Jerry "Jenny" Sauk.
http://jerrylies.byethost22.com/?i=2

Re: New Automated McDonald's Opens In Texas

<zNedneb7gOH_-pn7nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16685&group=alt.food.fast-food#16685

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!feeder1-2.proxad.net!proxad.net!feeder1-1.proxad.net!193.141.40.65.MISMATCH!npeer.as286.net!npeer-ng0.as286.net!peer02.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!Xl.tags.giganews.com!local-1.nntp.ord.giganews.com!nntp.supernews.com!news.supernews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: jerrys...@hotmail.com (Jerry Sauk)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 13:30:20 -0600
 by: Jerry Sauk - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 19:30 UTC

> On Tue, 12 Dec 2023 13:42:47 -0600, "Jerry Sauk"
> <jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>"KlausSchadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in
>>message
>>> https://www.freethink.com/robots-ai/automated-restaurant
>>>
>>> McDonald's opens its first automated restaurant in Texas
>>> The new test restaurant features conveyor belts, kiosks, and more.
>>>
>>> Instead of placing an order via the mobile app and then either going
>>> into the restaurant or waiting in a drive-thru lane or curbside
>>> parking spot to get their food, customers can pick it up at the
>>> store's dedicated Drive-Thru Express Lane, where it will be delivered
>>> via conveyor belt.
>>>
>>> Since no one in this lane will be placing an order or waiting for food
>>> to be made, the hope is that it will move much faster than traditional
>>> drive-thru lanes.
>>>
>>> The interior of the highly automated restaurant is smaller than the
>>> average McD's. Customers place orders at a kiosk, rather than through
>>> a counter worker, and they grab their food off a shelf. Staff don't
>>> have to take orders or regularly interact with customers.
>>>
>>> Some have criticized the new highly automated restaurant, arguing that
>>> McDonald's is opting to install expensive automation systems to
>>> replace employees.
>>>
>>> However, a spokesperson for McDonald's told the Guardian that the test
>>> restaurant has a staff comparable to that of any other store - the
>>> difference is that crew members are all focused on making and
>>> packaging orders rather than taking or delivering them.
>>
>>So how is this new system working out?
>>

> Call them and ask - 817-265-5702, or visit the location at 8540 West
> Fwy, White Settlement, Fort Worth TX 76108 and find out.

Your the one reporting on this new system. YOU call them and find out, then
report back.

Re: New Automated McDonald's Opens In Texas

<fp490jhb9j3kac3c8bkon3fi0uili83gk8@Rudy.Canoza.is.a.forging.cocksucking.dwarf.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16702&group=alt.food.fast-food#16702

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 14:44:42 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 21:44 UTC

On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 13:30:20 -0600, "Jerry Sauk"
<jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"KlausSchadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 12 Dec 2023 13:42:47 -0600, "Jerry Sauk"
>> <jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>"KlausSchadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in
>>>message

>>>So how is this new system working out?
>>>

>> Call them and ask - 817-265-5702, or visit the location at 8540 West
>> Fwy, White Settlement, Fort Worth TX 76108 and find out.
>
>Your the one reporting on this new system.

I already did that. Won't your mommy let you use the telephone?