Subject: Chinese Hackers May Have Compromised
“Hundreds of Tho
usands” of Government Email Accounts
From: Rea...@wtf.com (Really)
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2023 01:44:16 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.security, talk.politics.misc, soc.culture.china,
talk.politics.china
 by: Really - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 23:44 UTC

A recent cyber espionage campaign by Chinese hackers compromised numerous federal agencies, but was thought to have specifically targeted just a few email accounts at each one.

The assessment of the damage from that campaign has now been revised and greatly expanded, with more senior officials and ambassadors confirmed to have been targeted and potentially “hundreds of thousands” of email accounts breached.

<https://www.cpomagazine.com/cyber-security/cyber-espionage-incident-involving-microsoft-cloud-expands-chinese-hackers-may-have-compromised-hundreds-of-thousands-of-government-email-accounts/>