From: cor...@splcenter.org (Coroit)
Subject: Re: Muslims are helping turn the tide in school culture wars
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 22:12:50 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.education, alt.politics.democrats, alt.transgendered,
sac.politics, talk.politics.guns
 by: Coroit - Tue, 18 Apr 2023 20:12 UTC

On 25 Jan 2022, David Hartung <david-hartung@hotmail.com> posted some
news:ssqi7h$m4l8$6@news.freedyn.de:

> Just start cutting some gay throats and all those who support them.
> It's the only way.

In a slap to Muslim girls, Stuyvesant HS is canceling single-sex swim
lessons, even though swim instruction is required to graduate.

That forces the girls to choose between preserving their modesty and
getting a diploma.

Count on Muslim families to fight back � and likely prevail.

Nationwide, Muslims are taking up the battle in schools to protect
traditional religious values, including modesty.

Move over, Roman Catholics, evangelical Christians and conservative Jews.

Reinforcements have arrived, and they�re turning the tide.

Even in the Ivy League.

After weeks of protests by female Muslim students, Yale University is
switching its campus-housing policy for the coming academic year to offer
single-gender dorms and bathrooms.

>From Michigan to Virginia, Muslim parents are showing up at local school-
board meetings to oppose graphic sex education and gender-fluidity
indoctrination.

Their engagement is influencing politics.

More Muslims are voting Republican, concluding the Democratic Party is
trampling Islamic values.

In Dearborn, Mich., left-wing Democrat Rep. Rashida Tlaib opposed the
Muslim parents in her district protesting sexually explicit materials in
school.

The Biden administration, meanwhile, continues its lurch to the extreme
left.

President Joe Biden�s Department of Education announced double-barreled
rule changes recently, one favoring trans athletes in elementary and
middle school and the other revoking a Trump-era commitment by the
department to protect religious clubs and associations on college
campuses.

Flipping the bird to people of faith twice.

The Democratic Party is blowing off traditional values.

SEE ALSO
Stuyvesant hS; stuyvesant pool; outraged students
Muslim girls at Stuyvesant High School protest �immodest� co-ed swim
classes
Sexual modesty is a core value in Islam.

Muslims observe a dress code and guard against physical contact between
sexes once students reach adolescence.

Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act protects an employee�s right to
practice religion in the workplace, but there is no comparable statutory
protection for students.

Muslims are waging the battle one campus demonstration and school-board
meeting at a time, often winning.

Muslims are powerful at Yale.

In 2021, undergrads elected a Muslim woman to be student body president.

And on March 9, Yale acceded to demands from the Muslim Student
Association, Orthodox Jews at Yale and other religious groups to provide
single-sex campus housing.

Muslim women students had protested that with men in the bathroom, they
couldn�t even remove their hijabs.

Modesty is the issue at Stuyvesant too.

Brian Moran, assistant principal of physical education, told the student
newspaper the girls� single-sex swim classes clashed with other scheduling
priorities.

He made it sound like a mere scheduling inconvenience was justification
enough for the change and told the girls to wear full-body birkinis.

Sorry, but those still cling to the body when wet.

New York City�s Department of Education website promises trans students
�alternative arrangements� for anyone with �a need or desire for increased
privacy.�

Why should Muslim students get less? One in every 10 students in the
city�s school system is Muslim.

Muslim women at Syracuse University waged a battle last September for swim
time without men in the college pool and won a concession that starts next
fall.

In Utah, the Muslim Civic League worked with the Sikh and Jewish
communities to pass a state law in February allowing school athletes to
wear turbans, hijabs and modest pants and tops in competition instead of
the regulation form-fitting uniforms.

Luna Banuri, the league�s executive director, said, �All faiths have
modesty standards.

�We believe this affects multiple communities.�

Maryland and Illinois recently passed similar laws.

In Bethel, Ohio, a coalition of Muslim and Christian parents are suing to
preserve single-sex bathrooms and locker rooms and halt a rule change that
would allow biological boys to use the girls� facilities.

Most Muslims still vote Democratic, but the shift is beginning.

A Wall Street Journal exit poll found 28% voted Republican in the 2022
midterms, a double-digit increase over 2018�s midterms.

Republicans are gaining ground as more Muslims conclude the Democratic
Party doesn�t show regard for Islamic values.

Tell educators to respect families with faith-based values instead of
shunning them.

Betsy McCaughey is a former lieutenant governor of New York.

Twitter: @Betsy_McCaughey

Malka
1 day ago

Good for these parents speaking out. Surprised the FBI hasn't infiltrated
their meetings to arrest these "violent" parents for protecting their
children. Biden, keep doing what you're doing. It's working but not for
the Dems.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/11/muslims-are-helping-turn-the-tide-in-school-
culture-wars/