From: k...@78.net (K. Wills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Dangerous fast food
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 04:46:12 -0700
 by: K. Wills - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 11:46 UTC

No one expects 100% perfection, 100% of the time, when ordering
fast food. But what happens here is unacceptable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVjTaR3AIr0

Note the video calls Taco Bell's food, "Mexican inspired."
Regarding cleaning of the fountain pop machines:
Eons ago, or so it feels, I worked for McDonald's and Wendy's. I
never saw anyone do any cleaning of any part of the machine at
McDonald's. Aside from wiping down the area. It is, of course,
possible cleaning always happened on days I was off. Possible.
I will state, at no time did I see, or hear about, any mold in
the machine at McDonald's.
Wendy's would almost tear down the whole machine to clean. As I
remember it, the lines from the bags of syrup would be clamped and the
machine rinsed, washed, rinsed again, then rinsed again. After all of
that, many parts would be removed, taken to the sinks and washed and
sanitized separately. Seemed like overkill to me, but I expect "better
safe than sorry" was the idea behind it.
Much the same process was used in cleaning the Frosty machine.
Except the frosty mix was empties and disposed of. Nothing needed to
be clamped off.
I think the ice cream machine at McDonald's had some sort of
automatic cleaning system. So it's possible it was cleaned over night
while closed. It was never "broken" during the time.
This was 30+ years ago, so I can't KNOW what the process is at
either company. I expect Wendy's to be the same. I can only hope
McDonald's has improved, though the video doesn't support such a hope.

--
When the world ends, there'll be no more air.
That's why it's important to pollute the air now. Before it's too

Re: Dangerous fast food

<abub8ihhnco4bnppbm2kdpgi1iv9ef1kdn@Rudy.Canoza.is.a.forging.cocksucking.dwarf.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13086&group=alt.food.fast-food#13086

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Re: Dangerous fast food
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 09:42:36 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 16:42 UTC

On Sun, 11 Jun 2023 04:46:12 -0700, K. Wills <k@78.net> wrote:

> No one expects 100% perfection, 100% of the time, when ordering
>fast food. But what happens here is unacceptable.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVjTaR3AIr0
>
> Note the video calls Taco Bell's food, "Mexican inspired."

At 8:04. LOL

> Regarding cleaning of the fountain pop machines:
> Eons ago, or so it feels, I worked for McDonald's and Wendy's. I
>never saw anyone do any cleaning of any part of the machine at
>McDonald's. Aside from wiping down the area. It is, of course,
>possible cleaning always happened on days I was off. Possible.
> I will state, at no time did I see, or hear about, any mold in
>the machine at McDonald's.
> Wendy's would almost tear down the whole machine to clean. As I
>remember it, the lines from the bags of syrup would be clamped and the
>machine rinsed, washed, rinsed again, then rinsed again. After all of
>that, many parts would be removed, taken to the sinks and washed and
>sanitized separately. Seemed like overkill to me, but I expect "better
>safe than sorry" was the idea behind it.
> Much the same process was used in cleaning the Frosty machine.
>Except the frosty mix was empties and disposed of. Nothing needed to
>be clamped off.
> I think the ice cream machine at McDonald's had some sort of
>automatic cleaning system. So it's possible it was cleaned over night
>while closed. It was never "broken" during the time.
> This was 30+ years ago, so I can't KNOW what the process is at
>either company. I expect Wendy's to be the same. I can only hope
>McDonald's has improved, though the video doesn't support such a hope.

Re: Dangerous fast food

<JiBhM.4069$%6L8.3199@fx04.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13089&group=alt.food.fast-food#13089

From: fra...@creon.earth (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 09:11:05 GMT
 by: Frank - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 09:11 UTC

On Sun, 11 Jun 2023 04:46:12 -0700, K. Wills wrote:

> No one expects 100% perfection, 100% of the time, when ordering fast
> food. But what happens here is unacceptable.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVjTaR3AIr0
>
> Note the video calls Taco Bell's food, "Mexican inspired."
> Regarding cleaning of the fountain pop machines:
> Eons ago, or so it feels, I worked for McDonald's and Wendy's. I
> never saw anyone do any cleaning of any part of the machine at
> McDonald's. Aside from wiping down the area. It is, of course, possible
> cleaning always happened on days I was off. Possible.
> I will state, at no time did I see, or hear about, any mold in
> the machine at McDonald's.
> Wendy's would almost tear down the whole machine to clean. As I
> remember it, the lines from the bags of syrup would be clamped and the
> machine rinsed, washed, rinsed again, then rinsed again. After all of
> that, many parts would be removed, taken to the sinks and washed and
> sanitized separately. Seemed like overkill to me, but I expect "better
> safe than sorry" was the idea behind it.
> Much the same process was used in cleaning the Frosty machine.
> Except the frosty mix was empties and disposed of. Nothing needed to be
> clamped off.
> I think the ice cream machine at McDonald's had some sort of
> automatic cleaning system. So it's possible it was cleaned over night
> while closed. It was never "broken" during the time.
> This was 30+ years ago, so I can't KNOW what the process is at
> either company. I expect Wendy's to be the same. I can only hope
> McDonald's has improved, though the video doesn't support such a hope.

I thought you were going to post about the serial killer that
made burgers out of his victims. It's vv down there vv in the feed.

Now that's a dangerous burger...

--
-Frank 🌭

Re: Dangerous fast food

<jvdg8i9d4u97qn22nvklmpbpqamn491nc8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13090&group=alt.food.fast-food#13090

From: k...@78.net (K. Wills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 02:33:43 -0700
 by: K. Wills - Tue, 13 Jun 2023 09:33 UTC

On Mon, 12 Jun 2023 09:11:05 GMT, Frank <frank@creon.earth> wrote:

>On Sun, 11 Jun 2023 04:46:12 -0700, K. Wills wrote:
>
>> No one expects 100% perfection, 100% of the time, when ordering fast
>> food. But what happens here is unacceptable.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVjTaR3AIr0
>>
>> Note the video calls Taco Bell's food, "Mexican inspired."
>> Regarding cleaning of the fountain pop machines:
>> Eons ago, or so it feels, I worked for McDonald's and Wendy's. I
>> never saw anyone do any cleaning of any part of the machine at
>> McDonald's. Aside from wiping down the area. It is, of course, possible
>> cleaning always happened on days I was off. Possible.
>> I will state, at no time did I see, or hear about, any mold in
>> the machine at McDonald's.
>> Wendy's would almost tear down the whole machine to clean. As I
>> remember it, the lines from the bags of syrup would be clamped and the
>> machine rinsed, washed, rinsed again, then rinsed again. After all of
>> that, many parts would be removed, taken to the sinks and washed and
>> sanitized separately. Seemed like overkill to me, but I expect "better
>> safe than sorry" was the idea behind it.
>> Much the same process was used in cleaning the Frosty machine.
>> Except the frosty mix was empties and disposed of. Nothing needed to be
>> clamped off.
>> I think the ice cream machine at McDonald's had some sort of
>> automatic cleaning system. So it's possible it was cleaned over night
>> while closed. It was never "broken" during the time.
>> This was 30+ years ago, so I can't KNOW what the process is at
>> either company. I expect Wendy's to be the same. I can only hope
>> McDonald's has improved, though the video doesn't support such a hope.
>
>I thought you were going to post about the serial killer that
>made burgers out of his victims. It's vv down there vv in the feed.
>
>Now that's a dangerous burger...

That would be really gross.

--
Even a broken clock can be right twice a day.

interests / alt.food.fast-food / Re: Dangerous fast food